Gay/Lesbian couple approaches our business to have their wedding at our venue.

• Tell them we don't support gay marriage and risk our business dying.

• Treat them the same as other customers.

Results are only viewable after voting.

nk1828fo

Jan 6, 2018
Rochester
✟7,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We are thinking about starting a wedding venue but do not personally support gay marriages. What should we do if a gay/lesbian couple approaches us about having their wedding at our venue? Should business stay business or should we bring our beliefs into our business and turn them away? We also will not be getting a liquor license or dance floor so hopefully that already separates us from the crowd. We would appreciate helpful advice.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Personally, I wouldn't want to touch the wedding industry with a 10 foot pole. Not only do you have gay activists seeking to punish Christians who don't want to support their unions, you also have divorced people who did not meet Jesus' criteria for legitimate remarriage (Matt. 5:32 and Matt. 19:9) remarrying all over the place. And that's really no better to support than the gay ceremonies. That's too much of a minefield for me to recommend to any Christian.

Upvote 0

nk1828fo

Jan 6, 2018
Rochester
✟7,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I wouldn't want to touch the wedding industry with a 10 foot pole. Not only do you have gay activists seeking to punish Christians who don't want to support their unions, you also have divorced people who did not meet Jesus' criteria for legitimate remarriage (Matt. 5:32 and Matt. 19:9) remarrying all over the place. And that's really no better to support than the gay ceremonies. That's too much of a minefield for me to recommend to any Christian.
I see what you're saying, thank you for being honest.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you still want to do this you should only have it as a side business- not your main source of income. and then only advertise by word of mouth or through churches. If you advertise to everyone; don't be surprised if part of that everyone walks through your door to ask to rent your space. If you do want to be in control of what kinds of couples marry there, you have to be realistic about less business.

Upvote 0

nk1828fo

Jan 6, 2018
Rochester
✟7,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you still want to do this you should only have it as a side business- not your main source of income. and then only advertise by word of mouth or through churches. If you advertise to everyone; don't be surprised if part of that everyone walks through your door to ask to rent your space. If you do want to be in control of what kinds of couples marry there, you have to be realistic about less business.
I love that idea actually! Advertising to churches and people we know would already be good business. And yes, it isn't realistic to advertise to everyone and not expect this hypothetical situation to actually happen. Thank you!

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We are thinking about starting a wedding venue but do not personally support gay marriages. What should we do if a gay/lesbian couple approaches us about having their wedding at our venue? Should business stay business or should we bring our beliefs into our business and turn them away? We also will not be getting a liquor license or dance floor so hopefully that already separates us from the crowd. We would appreciate helpful advice.
I think you have to do what is right, what your faith demands, no matter if that means you will be sued into bankruptcy. This issue is before the Supreme Court right now. They will make their pronouncement within a few months. You might want to wait and see what the Supreme Court does.

Upvote 0

nk1828fo

Jan 6, 2018
Rochester
✟7,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think you have to do what is right, what your faith demands, no matter if that means you will be sued into bankruptcy. This issue is before the Supreme Court right now. They will make their pronouncement within a few months. You might want to wait and see what the Supreme Court does.
Thank you for your comment

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

The way I see it, marrying homosexuals is not much different to what most providers and church do on the daily anyway.

Most serious churches will make sure the CHRISTIAN(not just in name) couple are fit for marriage, but most simply don't care so long as they're man and woman.

They're one and the same as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are thinking about starting a wedding venue but do not personally support gay marriages. What should we do if a gay/lesbian couple approaches us about having their wedding at our venue?

Tell them the truth.

Should business stay business or should we bring our beliefs into our business and turn them away?

If christians are following Christ, continue to do so in whatever you do/ and
where ever you go.

We also will not be getting a liquor license or dance floor so hopefully that already separates us from the crowd. We would appreciate helpful advice.

Is it viable?
like, Rochester has hundreds upon hundreds of wedding venues...
all of them competing for couples who want to get married some where.
Whatever you all aren't willing to do those hundreds of other wedding venues places will do...that's how things be not only in this sort of situation but others as well.
Many people will do any thing to make money.

My faith be a part of me just like my hands and feet...where I go, my faith goes.
I worked over twenty years being a caregiver (professional and privately) and
I had clients who are homosexual, bi and "whatever"...they all got the same
kind of care, I treated them the same as I would liked to be treated if I was
sick and or disabled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just announce "We dont serve LGBT"
Its your absolute rights !
I agree, get the biggest lgtb 6 colored rainbow outside your foot with a cross going right through it

We don’t support queens, carpet munchers, sex hungry maniacs. We only support normal sex.

Upvote 0