Visit site
✟1,506,548.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
My one big piece of advice is to accept that you can't control everything, and that likely something will not go to plan. And that's okay.

If, at the end of the day, you're married and everyone is safe and well, anything else will just become a funny story for years to come. :)

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Set a budget and stick to it. Weddings do not have to break the bank; you can have a simple and nice wedding for a reasonable amount. It's just a day; don't get so caught up in the wedding that you don't focus on the things that really matter.
I loved my wedding and wouldn't have done anything differently except get more sleep the night before.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Make sure you have a photographer you love. If you can use the same photographer for your engagement photos as your wedding day, do it! If engagement photos turn out bad... Run! I made the mistake of listening to him when he said he understood what I didn't like and he was going to fix it for the wedding.

Plan extra time to hang with your guests if you can. The wedding day itself is going to be hectic and it seriously goes by in the blink of an eye. If you can have another day to catch up with the people you haven't seen for a while who came for the wedding, it takes that pressure off the wedding day.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We had a beautiful wedding, and we both worked on the details, together. My dad paid for the wedding, and probably the only thing I wish that had been done differently, is not having such a huge gathering. My parents wanted everyone they ever knew to be there, it seemed. But, then I thought, it isn't only about my husband and me, it's about all the people who brought us to where we are. Another regret, is that my grandmother (my dad's mom) wasn't there, she passed away a few years ago, and she would have loved to see me get married.

Upvote 0

barefeetonholyground

CF member for 15 years!
Oct 26, 2003
Kitsap County, Washington
✟34,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well I wish I would have stressed a lot less.
I didn't even do that much. I just picked out my dress and sent out the invitations.
I guess it's something you can't really avoid.
Don't pair wedding stress with pregnancy hormones, it's exhausting.
I laugh every time people tell me that it gets harder once you're actually married because without the wedding stress things have been so much easier for us.
But what do I know? I'm just a newlywed after all.
I guess my best advice for wedding planning is take a day here and there off from planning and stressing and just be with your spouse-to-be to just remind one another why you're getting married to one another.
Just slow down.

Upvote 0