Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If any of you have been following my blog, I'll become a Mrs. Cop on October 30 of this year. Yes, the whole FCBC community of 3,500 +/- folks will be there along with his family and a ton of cops and their families and yep, it's at our Church here on the mountains in our community.

His parents and sister are all Baptists and we're Fundamentalist Christians and we get along better than best friends. We've visited each other's churches and broken bread with them and nothing could be better! I can't wait!

Then we're off to Washington, DC for a dose of honeymoon and American history. Yay!!

But there's just this one little thing. I've always had this funny little fantasy of jumping in the truck and hightailing it over a state line or two and getting married at a magistrate's office in front of some stranger as a witness and not saying a word about it ... just doing it.

Sister L, our pastor's wife, knows someone who sort of did this. Over 30 years ago, this other couple too had the huge community wedding here with all the stuff ... then on their 30th anniversary, they jumped in their truck, drove all the way down to Georgia, knocked some poor magistrate out of bed and dragged in the town drunk to renew their vows, then spent a night in total blissful marital debauchery in a cheap hotel room then came home like nothing happened.

I think that's cool! Trouble is, do you think I'm nuts? Should I tell my fiance about this? See, we could restate our vows after we return from our honeymoon and my little plan wouldn't interfere with anything planned and no one would be hurt, right?
Would it be okay to talk to my fiance, Ben, about it now or wait, or no way; I'm a looney?

I think this would be a blast. What do you all think?

All good things
Emmy

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If any of you have been following my blog, I'll become a Mrs. Cop on October 30 of this year. Yes, the whole FCBC community of 3,500 +/- folks will be there along with his family and a ton of cops and their families and yep, it's at our Church here on the mountains in our community.

His parents and sister are all Baptists and we're Fundamentalist Christians and we get along better than best friends. We've visited each other's churches and broken bread with them and nothing could be better! I can't wait!

Then we're off to Washington, DC for a dose of honeymoon and American history. Yay!!

But there's just this one little thing. I've always had this funny little fantasy of jumping in the truck and hightailing it over a state line or two and getting married at a magistrate's office in front of some stranger as a witness and not saying a word about it ... just doing it.

Sister L, our pastor's wife, knows someone who sort of did this. Over 30 years ago, this other couple too had the huge community wedding here with all the stuff ... then on their 30th anniversary, they jumped in their truck, drove all the way down to Georgia, knocked some poor magistrate out of bed and dragged in the town drunk to renew their vows, then spent a night in total blissful marital debauchery in a cheap hotel room then came home like nothing happened.

I think that's cool! Trouble is, do you think I'm nuts? Should I tell my fiance about this? See, we could restate our vows after we return from our honeymoon and my little plan wouldn't interfere with anything planned and no one would be hurt, right?
Would it be okay to talk to my fiance, Ben, about it now or wait, or no way; I'm a looney?

I think this would be a blast. What do you all think?

All good things
Emmy
Reminds me of a line in "Mr Smith Goes to Washington":

"Let's wake up a preacher and get married."

Reactions: EmmaCat
Upvote 0