Wedding Days

What day of the week were you married on?

• Sunday

• Monday

• Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

• Saturday

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I think I'll be the only one married on a Monday!:D It wasn't on purpose really - but we wanted to get married on the exact anniversary of our first meeting, one year earlier. That happened to be on a Saturday, but a year later it was on a Monday (sorry, don't know the name of a year of 366 days in English - it's schrikkeljaar in Dutch if anyone's interested ;) ) - not the best day of the week to get married but perfect for us because of the date. 28th of June, 2004. Still a lot of guests turned up in spite of it being a working day - we appreciated that very much.

Oh, and I could have checked two days, because we got married legally on a Tuesday, 6 days earlier. In the Netherlands you have to get married in the city hall before you get married in church. Many do it on the same day but we had ours six days earlier, more privately. The church wedding is the one that counts for us, though, so I only checked Monday.

Upvote 0

felinity

Veteran
Oct 11, 2005
✟17,761.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I think I'll be the only one married on a Monday!:D It wasn't on purpose really - but we wanted to get married on the exact anniversary of our first meeting, one year earlier. That happened to be on a Saturday, but a year later it was on a Monday (sorry, don't know the name of a year of 366 days in English - it's schrikkeljaar in Dutch if anyone's interested ;) ) - not the best day of the week to get married but perfect for us because of the date. 28th of June, 2004. Still a lot of guests turned up in spite of it being a working day - we appreciated that very much.

We call a 366-day year a leap year in English. :) How does schrikkeljaar translate?

I got married on Saturday, July 15, 2006. It was a gorgeous day (but very hot - especially in my heavy dress).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
We call a 366-day year a leap year in English. :) How does schrikkeljaar translate?

I got married on Saturday, July 15, 2006. It was a gorgeous day (but very hot - especially in my heavy dress).
Thanks for the translation! That's a good question - I don't know, actually, because "schrikkel" is only used in "schrikkeljaar" ("jaar" means "year"). It does have the stem "schrik" in common with "schrikken" (to be frightened) and "verschrikkelijk" (terrible/frightening), but other than that, I have no idea! :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bluebug83

Jan 5, 2007
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Saturday.

April 26, 1997.

Not only congrats on the 10-year, but April 26 is also my parents' anniversary (although they've been married almost three times as long as you!)

As for me... Saturday, May 21, 2005. Saturday was really the only week day I considered, since I didn't want it to interfere with guests' work schedules by having it on a weekday, and getting married on a Sunday is out of the question when you have your wedding in a church.

Upvote 0

faerieevaH

lucky wife
Dec 27, 2003
USA
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I chose friday and saturday.
I married on friday 7th of july 2006 and on saturday the 8th of july 2006, to the same man of course! *L*
Due to the complete separation of Church and State, in Belgium Church officials are not allowed to perform legal weddings. So you first have to make your civil wedding, then have the church wedding after. Traditionally this was often done on the same day, but nowadays most people chose to have it on different days as not to overload the wedding day.

Reactions: Assisi
Upvote 0

Mskedi

Senior Veteran
Dec 13, 2005
✟21,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green

Oh, and I could have checked two days, because we got married legally on a Tuesday, 6 days earlier. In the Netherlands you have to get married in the city hall before you get married in church. Many do it on the same day but we had ours six days earlier, more privately. The church wedding is the one that counts for us, though, so I only checked Monday.

Nope -- a Monday here, too! :)

Upvote 0