Oct 26, 2006
Northern Centeral United States
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, I didn't even know this forum was here until just tonight. What perfect timing! (God plans everything doesn't He?)

Our marriage is recovering from a lot of stuff, but there's been something that my husband has really struggled with. In 2005 I almost cheated on my husband. I had fantazied for months and had I had the chance I would've done it. It was more than just cheating on him, I was planning on and almost left him.

The whole story of our marriage is a spotty one and he had struggled with an addiction to inappropriate content in the past as well, so we both have had problems. One thing has always stayed true though, our love for eachother has always won out.

I had repented my sins to God and my husband and assured my husband that this was over, and I believe it was demon. God took it from me one night as I called out to Him, and I have never had the desires for another man again. Not that satan doesn't try to sneak thoughts into my head, but I immeadiatly tell him to get out of my head and rebuke him from my thoughts. I will continue praying or will start singing praise songs and the devil flees. I will not let him ruin my life and my dear husband's agian.

Just a few days ago my husband relvealed that he's been struggling lately with trusting me. That he knows he must believe me and that he does trust me, but he jsut keeps struggling with wanting to doubt me. And also that the devil is tempting him in his old ways. So I was wondering if we could get a little bit of prayer in this area, it would sure help us out.

Thanks to anyone willing to pray! :hug:

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a few days ago my husband relvealed that he's been struggling lately with trusting me. That he knows he must believe me and that he does trust me, but he jsut keeps struggling with wanting to doubt me. And also that the devil is tempting him in his old ways. So I was wondering if we could get a little bit of prayer in this area, it would sure help us out.
My prayer tonight was for you two. Do not be surprised that your husband has been struggling with trusting you. Serious violations of trust take a long time to heal. I have heard of people that had such wounds taken away in a short time but in my life it has taken years. IMO, You both will have to earn that trust back and it will take years.

The strongest trust builder I have seen is a person that is totally dedicated to God and takes every opportunity to please God. He/she must also expect to endure some pain because of their sins and learn to hate the sins that are the reason for this potential marriage killer to exist.

Prayer, Bible study, good Christian counseling and YOUR EFFORTS will help build that trust back to where you can have a successful marriage. I heard it once said; I trust God to do His part, it is mankind’s part that I am worried about “

It took us years (4 to 10) but now we have completed 19 years of being together after the crises. The first several years were hard but the trust level for the last 9 years has been around 95%. That 95% has provided us with a solid marriage for many years.

Upvote 0

3Princessmom

Oct 26, 2006
Northern Centeral United States
Visit site
✟8,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you both.

sdmsanjose, Thank you for your words. I am not surprised at all that he is having trouble trusting me, and I fully realize it will take years to recover. His addiction to inappropriate content is still not completely healed in my heart, but I have totally forgiven him for it. But that happened probably 4-5 years ago now, and it's still not completely healed.

We've both tried to make major strides in helping eachother regain trust and rebuild the strength in our marriage. Number one is we keep no secrets now, no matter how small. And we also make sure we don't bottle things up when we are upset with the other one. That leaves too much chance for things to build up and fester inside, the devil feeds off of those kinds of things. We're doing remarkably well really, considering everything. We're both persuing a very close relationship with Christ and trying our hardest to do everything He asks of us.

Again, thank you for your words. And thank you both for the prayers. :)

Upvote 0

fulltime

May 27, 2006
✟7,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trust is not something that can be measured by anyone. When trust is broken a wound has happened and let god work on that open wound. Time will heal all wounds, find a accountability partner that can help you through the times that feel satan in involved in. I will pray for your situation.

Upvote 0