WE Just Had an Earthquake!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I woke up in the middle of the Northridge Earthquake.

That was scary. And we had no power for more than 12 hours.

Cold lunch, cold breakfast, cold dinner.

Cold shower ... what shower?

They told us not to shower.

I sat on the toilet and we had another quake ... and the toilet broke underneath me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Cigne.... coming from Athens I have witnessed a lot ... They are not fun that is for sure... the last one was in 2005 Christmas time.... we just sit down for dinner and the whole appartment shook back and forth and up and down... my poor hubbie and daughter were petrified as they have never felt one... They both run for the stairs. We had to stop them (we stayed with my mom and dad) a few glasses broke but we were okay. Our building had gone through about 8 of richter scale... so no fear there.
I am so thankful to God for not living your way.... I would not be able to handle it.

Praying that the tremors stop soon.

God bless,
Philothei

Upvote 0

Shubunkin

Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Jun 18, 2005
✟17,565.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I woke up in the middle of the Northridge Earthquake.

That was scary. And we had no power for more than 12 hours.

Cold lunch, cold breakfast, cold dinner.

Cold shower ... what shower?

They told us not to shower.

I sat on the toilet and we had another quake ... and the toilet broke underneath me.
That was another extremely bad one. My hubby went down there after that to help out. He was asleep in a tent just under the dam - if I remember correctly - in Ventura. Anyway, it was a 5.0 aftershock. I gave him my camera as he was packing to leave, and ordered :) him to take lots of pictures. Well, he did, and brought them home. I made a PowerPoint slide show of them, and it went over big with the building inspection people here. This PowerPoint show also was shown at a building inspectors seminar. So my idea really went around. It showed them a lot how buildings of different types respond to an earthquake of that magnitude.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.