We are not freaks.

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Why is it sometimes when people would figure out that being a believer would ultimately change their physical behaviours? Some are afraid of turning into a walking laugh target. "Bwahaha! Look at that religeous nerd!"

Others are afraid of getting their behind's whooped out by unbelievers or 'cool' people.

Why worry because of those who persecute you (and i can't quote from the bible because i'm at work)? You're not a freak. You're God's child. Be glad because your reward in heaven will be great!

So next time you are afraid, embarrassed or just plain old ashamed of your choice, just go to everyone. "COME AND TEASE ME ABOUT GOD! THE MORE THE BETTER!!!" :)
Won't God be happy about that? I mean when they tease you :).

carmen

Aug 25, 2002
n.z
Visit site
✟1,462.00
Yes sharky when I was new in the Lord. I'm sure the Lord covered me from hearing such attacks. But now when the enemy comes to try and shut my mouth I know that is my que to speak out loud and clear. For greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. And the spirit of this world is not shutting me up. We need to come against it in the name of Jesus. And proclaim the message of the gospel.Its a time to get serious and make a firm decision for the task that is at hand.

Upvote 0

GodBoy809

Servant of Christ
Jul 5, 2002
Northwest Georgia
✟3,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sharky, now no offense, but do you not like it when people say you are a Jesus Freak, or a religious nerd. I think its cool when people say that, cus it give you an opportunity to show them that you are what you are by standing strong and not be brought down when they call you that, and by not saying some catchy comeback. Besides, i call myself a Jesus freak all the time. I also refer to myself some times as a Alien, being that I'm not of this world!.

however sharky, i do see where your coming from with this, about how with these comments made by unbelievers may cus some new believers to stumble, and i agree that our reward in Heaven will be great, and that we should not be worry about the people that persecute us. But, i must state that a "Freak", or "Alien" are terms that mean something is not of the world that the unbelievers know..and i personally dont want to be a part of that world.

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
 Grah! I knew i stuffed this one up! :) Sorry. That thought on freak just crossed my mind recently at work today and i was like 'DOH!' there.

But anyway yes you're right. Being called all that stuff is probably a good thing. I actually meant differently but it turned out similar etc etc. I've actually been thinking about all the other Jesus Freaks too. Good to see there are more of them these days. Another lesson to learn for me: don't be quick to speak. I should've thought this one over.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why has no one said the obvious?

"Blessed are you when others persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you. Rejoice and be glad for great is your reward in heaven,for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you."
Matthew 5:11-12

I read statements like "is probably a good thing" and I can't help but think "OF COURSE it's a good thing!" (sorry don't take this as putting down :) ) It is promised by Jesus Christ Himself for you, take hold of that! And it all depends upon where you view the Christian from about being a "freak." In the eyes of the world, we are the ones who are "freaks" to them we are screwed up and crazy. I mean who would give away 10% of their money for no reason?? What's up with that? But to those of us who know God, and know how He views us, we can confidently say "I am right in what I do, I am not a freak in the eyes of God." So most definitely I agree with you Sharky. Let them call you a freak!! Every time they do, you know that there has to be something different about you :) amen? Just make sure it's a good difference :D Have a great day!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by GodBoy809
But, i must state that a "Freak", or "Alien" are terms that mean something is not of the world that the unbelievers know..and i personally dont want to be a part of that world.

um, haven't thought of that!

with God as our Father, nothing can stand in the way!
we're just temporary citizens of this world, but are permanent citizen of the Kingdom of God!

Upvote 0