Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am a firm believer in the 7 Church Age theory. I believe that we are currently in the Laodicea Church Age. If I am correct about this then Jesus will return very soon.
When you look at the church in the Western world, I don't believe anyone could argue with you.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can understand and see how some might believe that. This is taking each Church through time right? 29 million Churches in the world. So not sure how one would apply this to every, most, some of the Church. Or maybe as a whole. I tend to look at Israel as the clock. This as I see it has always been about Israel.

And as I look at it like that Church goes home soon. For Christ to come set foot on the earth there are many things that have to take place.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a firm believer in the 7 Church Age theory. I believe that we are currently in the Laodicea Church Age. If I am correct about this then Jesus will return very soon.

If you are correct then He has already been, we start the book of Revelation with Jesus coming on the clouds of Heaven.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can understand and see how some might believe that. This is taking each Church through time right? 29 million Churches in the world. So not sure how one would apply this to every, most, some of the Church. Or maybe as a whole. I tend to look at Israel as the clock. This as I see it has always been about Israel.

And as I look at it like that Church goes home soon. For Christ to come set foot on the earth there are many things that have to take place.

It is a description of the state of the church as a whole and in general and not necessarily a description of every church that exists during this time.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are correct then He has already been, we start the book of Revelation with Jesus coming on the clouds of Heaven.

I’m not really sure what you are trying to say here or how it relates to the OP.

Jesus returns at the end of the age after the close of the church age on the last day. So Jesus Christ will return when the Laodicea Church Age ends.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I use a couple other dispensational frameworks and have come to a similar conclusion.

Except there's a ways to go.

Seven Days of Creation overlay of the scriptures indicates that The Iron Beast (sixth day) -or the Automobile - or the Tank is the mascot of today - and for some reason though other technologies to fuel it are available - it still runs on fossil fuels, the bones of dragons. World leaders call down fire from the sky in plain sight of men through cruise missiles and other bombs.

The history of Israel overlay over church history - The reformation proceeded like the dividing of the kingdom between Jeroboam and Rehoboam, the argument was about the amount of work(s) being done. The pope kings, and the low population benjamite orthodox were divided from the ten horns that would later have an eleventh horn. Out of the reformation movements the emergent church seems to be fitting the bill for the eleventh horn. However, these events are old news, so.

The seven churches dispensational theory - could not frame that one in terms of church history since in any point in history the letters to the seven churches were letters to all the churches. Perhaps I cannot see it because I'm predominantly application minded. So my question for you is, what do you see in this framework, and how does it line up to what you have examined?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Another point is that today, a lot of churches can learn more from the message from Ephesus since they have left their first love and have forgotten how to love.

The message stating today is Laodicea, comes from an Ephesus church.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm listening to this.

The first point is, that Ephesus is not the beginning age of the church. It sounds like the post apostolic age.

The general consensus among people who believe in the Seven Church Age doctrine is that the apostle Paul was the messenger to the Ephesus Church Age and that the timeframe was around AD 33 - 170.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The general consensus among people who believe in the Seven Church Age doctrine is that the apostle Paul was the messenger to the Ephesus Church Age and that the timeframe was around AD 33 - 170.
So according to your observations, did the church age listen to the message, or fail to overcome?

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are a lot of people who believe in the teaching of the Seven Church Ages. You can find a lot of resources online concerning this subject.

It was taught by Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel. It was taught by William Branham.

You can also find this teaching in Willmington’s Guide to the Bible.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So according to your observations, did the church age listen to the message, or fail to overcome?

The Church fell away after Ephesus. The only really good period of church history was the Philadelphia Church Age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It’s actually very historical. Philadelphia was the original capital of the United States.
That's interesting - I find any theology created during that period (especially in the United States) was from angels and not God.

Upvote 0