Abilene, Tx
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
(not sure this is the best place to post this, but we'll see)

Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

We are called to love one another just as Christ loves us. Many unbelievers think Christianity is just another religion to gain money, fame, control, ect. Why is that? It's because as a whole, The Body of Christ, we act as if we are right and anyone who thinks differently are wrong. We should not be judging and condemming people, but we should go out of our way to love everyone so that the world may look at us and ask why are we so nice, loving, caring, joyful... And we can reply that we are living for Jesus as the Holy Spirit leads us.

Two big issues I've seen, and even unfortunately partook in. First, since we are Brothers and Sisters in Christ, we must first be able to love one another. How can we love the men and women who are conformed to this world if we can't even love a fellow follower of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus. We may interpret the Bible differently, belong to our different denominations, have different doctrines and theology, and so on, but the way i read a passage and the way you read a passage is not what this world needs. This world needs Jesus as its Sacrificial Lamb. When we as a whole argue, discount, and slander other denominations and interpretations, all we are doing is overlooking The Good News and pushing people farther away from the Truth. So I beg everyone, you may keep your beliefs, doctrine, theology, ect, but do not ARGUE and FIGHT over such things. Instead talk calmly and use biblical proof to show your standpoint respectfully so the two or you may come to respect one another.

Secondly, we as humans are too prideful. I have a problem with this. When people are talking down on your, harassing you, bullying you, maybe even just a little "Christian joke" don't get defensive to the point of disrespecting them. The Lord called us to be the light in this dark world. "Fighting" on a worldly level makes us no better than the world, instead battle Spiritually with a loving output! The best examples i can give are Jesus and Stephen. Jesus was beaten horribly beyond imagine and killed by His own people. Did he smite them? No He prayed to the Father to forgive them because they didnt know what they were doing. They didn't grasp the idea that they were killing the man who willingly came to this earth to save them. Stephen was spreading the Gospel through persecution because he loved the Lord and the people of this earth wishing none shall perish. He, a man like you and me, not the messiah, but a man with Christ in him asked the Lord ro forgive them of this sin as he was being stones to death. Think about that for a second. He really wanted Gods will to work in his life instead of his own will. How much self control would it take to accept the stoning from these people and still love them and forgive them. It wasn't a quick death and then he gets to be with the Lord, no it was a painful and slow death, the whole time he did not retaliate in a negative way. I don't know about you, but i don't ever get near that much persecution and i still get angry and forget to love and care for my "enemies" (i use this term lightly).

So i ask you as the Body of Christ, step out in love. If you found this post inspirational please let me know so I can continue to be encouraged through my Brothers and Sisters. Also, if you think I am out of line saying all this and asking this of you, please explain to me why in a loving matter of course. And lastly, spread this with all believers. You do not need to quote me or even mention me at all, for this idea is not my own, but one the Holy Spirit convicted me of and gave me the ideas and care to see this movement of love Really Move.

A servert of the Lord Most High. May we walk in the Spirit given to us as a gift and not by our own fleshly desires.
Airman of Christ.

Reactions: eachallberg
Jan 1, 2012
Abilene, Tx
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree.

Please, practice what you teach.
(Not saying you don't)

Peace.

I am trying desperately! And doing quite well. However I do have a few slip ups here and there, but I think it may be to humble myself and know I'm not better than anyone else. I take my slip ups as an opportunity to apologize to whom I may have not shown love to and i pray that the Lord helps me in this aspect of my life every day in ever instance.

God Bless you!

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Airman Of Christ. Thank you for your Message, Jesus told us in Matthew, chapter 22, verses 35-50: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all your hearts, with all your souls, and with all your minds. The second is like it: Love your neighbour as yourselves." Then Jesus points out: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God wants our Love, freely given and no conditions asked.
When we love our neighbour as ourselves, ( all others, friends and not friends) God will see our sincere efforts, and God will bless us. AND GOD WILL KNOW, THAT WE LOVE GOD: HOW? Because we are following His Commandments to love and care. God is LOVE, and God wants loving children/sons and daughters, to live with Him for eternity. God made us in His image, and God loves us, and it is our Love for God, which will help us to love others, as we love ourselves. Jesus will give us His Love and Joy, and the Holy Spirit will give us His Love, also. Jesus told us to: " ask and ye will receive," then we thank God and share all Love and Joy, with all around us.
People will treat us the same, and they will also notice our love for God and for each other. And who knows? Many will want to join us. Love is very catching, and Love is a Christian`s strongest weapon. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and God will forgive us, as we will forgive others. Yes Airman Of Christ, we are called to Love: God with all our beings, and our neighbour as ourselves. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2012
Abilene, Tx
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Emmy I am so glad the Lord has taught you this! Many of us over look love, which is strange because the Apostle Paul talks about love all over the Epistles.

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2012
Abilene, Tx
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing deceives himself"

I am aware that I am nothing. I also am aware that we all have committed every sin possible within our hearts. So to judge someone for a sin is to be a hypocrite, for I practice the same things.

Wow! That is an awesome quote. I'm going to keep that one close to me, hope you don't mind if i steal it. (oh man I just sinned. :p) Especially when judging the lost. Why judge them when we should love them and show compassion. If someone is sick and dying you don't shun them, but you show them that you love them and try to spread the Good News.

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The problem being twofold.

One is a highly legalistic attitude to God taken by the west. God's viewed as an 'angry' God meting out punishment.

The other is, a Protestant explanation of showing God's 'grace' via some material gain as per the Protestant Work Ethic... leading to the idea of "prosperity gospel"

The two combined make for a 'reward + punishment' approach to dealing with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 1, 2012
Abilene, Tx
✟15,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The problem being twofold.

One is a highly legalistic attitude to God taken by the west. God's viewed as an 'angry' God meting out punishment.

The other is, a Protestant explanation of showing God's 'grace' via some material gain as per the Protestant Work Ethic... leading to the idea of "prosperity gospel"

The two combined make for a 'reward + punishment' approach to dealing with God.

First problem... Christians should actually read their Bible and they will see God's mercy and grace. Once you realize that its all out of love, pray for help in loving others.

Second, you can't pinpoint any one group. We are a Body of Christ so we are all to blame. Views such as yours further seperate brothers and sisters in Christ. That's not very loving.

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
First problem... Christians should actually read their Bible and they will see God's mercy and grace. Once you realize that its all out of love, pray for help in loving others.

Except that people take literally that God gets angry when it's actually man's attempt to describe his own distancing himself (through sin) from God.
Second, you can't pinpoint any one group. We are a Body of Christ so we are all to blame. Views such as yours further seperate brothers and sisters in Christ. That's not very loving.
That's not totally true.

Not all who cry "Lord! Lord!" are saved except those that do his will.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I for one am constantly pushed away (or I become repulsed) thanks to the lack of unity that the people calling themselves "body" have. if "body" is in such discord maybe soul and spirit are also in discord. I can have discord just fine on my own. I have no need to spiral down the paths of chaos/insanity/error with others. should I really have faith in the churches when all they do is disagree with each other and accuse each other? one says "I am the one true church" but all I see are a bunch of different religious buildings.

many people will not be saved thanks to the conditions that the churches are in today. when other Christians start telling me that "maybe I don't know Jesus" and "maybe you were never saved in the first place" and "you were just being religious and not a real christian" is when I really start to get mad at other christians.

and sometimes christians cause others to blasphemy God and to tempt God just by the way they (christians) conduct themselves and by what they believe. I see myself in all that I have talked about. so then there is still much sin with me I can say. and what is the point in lying that you are saved when you constantly sin? what do we need salvation for? was it not for sin? then are you sinning? then why do you say you are saved when I still see the chains around your neck and feet and wrist?

Last edited:
Upvote 0