• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ways To Love Your Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daysoni

****See me, Hear me, Hold me.****
Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ways to Love your Body

1) Think of your body ad the vehicle of your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.

2) Create a list of all the things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often.

3) Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.

4) Wear comfortable clothes that you like and that feel good to your body.

5) Count your BLESSINGS not your BLEMISHES.

6) Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance. TRY ONE!

7) Find a method that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don't exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good.

8) Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself. Without mentioning your appearance. And add to it!

9) Choose to find the beauty in the world and in yourself.

10) Eat when your hungry. Rest when your tired. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strenght and beauty.

:hug:Don't Weigh Your Self-Esteem.:hug:
:thumbsup: It's What's Inside That Counts!!:thumbsup:

Daysoni

Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying to find away to follow what I have posted here as hard as it may be. So here's one for number #8

I am warm, sincere, honest, and genuine. I am all of these things and more. And all of these are me.

Maybe if we say positive things about our selves over and over we'll start to believe them.

Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Daysoni said:
Ways to Love your Body

1) Think of your body ad the vehicle of your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.

2) Create a list of all the things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often.

3) Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.

6) Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance. TRY ONE!

7) Find a method that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don't exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good.

8) Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself. Without mentioning your appearance. And add to it!

10) Eat when your hungry. Rest when your tired. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strenght and beauty.

:hug:Don't Weigh Your Self-Esteem.:hug:
:thumbsup: It's What's Inside That Counts!!:thumbsup:
Very nice! Thank you!!!

Upvote 0

Daysoni

Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1.) Before looking in mirror think optimistically

2.) Stay away from the scale

3.) Cut labels out of cloths

4.) Wear only cloths that you are comfortable in

5.) Stay away from fashion or exersice magazines

6.) Make a why must I lie to myself list

7.) Ask for a hug when needed

8.) Fight negative self-talk

9.) Stay active

10.) Make a list of nice things that you can do for body. (paint finger or toe nails)

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Daysoni said:
1.) Before looking in mirror think optimistically

2.) Stay away from the scale

3.) Cut labels out of cloths

4.) Wear only cloths that you are comfortable in

5.) Stay away from fashion or exersice magazines

6.) Make a why must I lie to myself list

7.) Ask for a hug when needed

8.) Fight negative self-talk

9.) Stay active

10.) Make a list of nice things that you can do for body. (paint finger or toe nails)

Number 7 is very good. I like just asking for a hug, it's lovely. :hug:

Upvote 0

Daysoni

Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Power
The power for me is so strong.
I feel as though I have so much power.

Power of;
how much pain I'll feel,
how much weight I'll gain,
how much I eat.

This is the one possesion in life that no one can take from me.
It's mine and mine alone.
For each time that I will purge I let go of all;
worries,
pain,
and weight.

I feel such joy, as though I have cleansed myself.

But wait!
Is this power?
No it's control.
Control over something in the wrong way.
Control of something that robbed me.
Robbed me of;
a healthy image,
blurred my sight,
and blocked my thinking.

How confused and blind I was.
But now I am ready to let go.
I feel it has caused me more pain then joy.
But is it to late?
Have I deteriorated to far?
It doesn't matter, because this time I'm determined.
It's time to start healing and stop hiding.
I'm ready.
I know now I can face the music and dance the ballet.

By Daysoni

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

You Are The Salt And Light Of The World
Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Daysoni said:
Ways to Love your Body

:yawn: Wow, wow, wow. This is awesome Daysoni!!!!! You made a grand slam. This is a great post for those of us whose self-perspective is outward and not inward.

Sooo important to maintain the mechanics of the car, because it gets us to where we need to go to accomplish the things we need in order to do God's work. When we focus on the car's exterior and ignore the mechanics that keeps the car running, the car eventually will stop running. When we focus on how we look, we can't grow. We get all caught up in strongholds. I believe I just did a journal entry about this today in my blog. It was my realization that if we have peace of mind, we have a productive mind to do God's will.

For God's glory, let's focus on the foundation of the temple to keep it strong and standing for God. Let's take care of the house of God. We won't worry about the paint or the color or the blemishes. God doesn't care. He needs that temple living strong and healthy.

How do we keep this thread going? It's a good one for all of us who battle self-image strongholds. I know it has been working for me to become schooled in human anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and disease prevention through nutrition. Since my focused change to good health, I quit binging and I don't starve myself anymore. My BDD episodes are minimized and less frequent to boot.

Bless you Daysoni. You go girl!:clap:
Kim

Yeah. Lets work on the mechanics of our body. Lets keep those organs, cells, muscles, bones, blood all healthy and functioning. We need to take care of God's temple so we can do His work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daysoni

Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
inHisgripkim said:
Daysoni said:
Ways to Love your Body

:yawn: Wow, wow, wow. This is awesome Daysoni!!!!! You made a grand slam. This is a great post for those of us whose self-perspective is outward and not inward.

Sooo important to maintain the mechanics of the car, because it gets us to where we need to go to accomplish the things we need in order to do God's work. When we focus on the car's exterior and ignore the mechanics that keeps the car running, the car eventually will stop running. When we focus on how we look, we can't grow. We get all caught up in strongholds. I believe I just did a journal entry about this today in my blog. It was my realization that if we have peace of mind, we have a productive mind to do God's will.

For God's glory, let's focus on the foundation of the temple to keep it strong and standing for God. Let's take care of the house of God. We won't worry about the paint or the color or the blemishes. God doesn't care. He needs that temple living strong and healthy.

How do we keep this thread going? It's a good one for all of us who battle self-image strongholds. I know it has been working for me to become schooled in human anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and disease prevention through nutrition. Since my focused change to good health, I quit binging and I don't starve myself anymore. My BDD episodes are minimized and less frequent to boot.

Bless you Daysoni. You go girl!:clap:
Kim

Yeah. Lets work on the mechanics of our body. Lets keep those organs, cells, muscles, bones, blood all healthy and functioning. We need to take care of God's temple so we can do His work.
Woo Hoo!!!!

Thank you so much for your input. It Rocked. I'm Sssssssssssooo excited. I don't know how to keep this thread going. Maybe we just keep posting in it.

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Eating Disorder Resolution:

I commit to recovery by putting emphasis on good health and not good looks.

I commit to healthy living, so that I may live in good health (physically, mentally, emotionally).

Good Health Agenda:
I commit to eating for good health only.
I commit to learning more about good health.
I commit to learning more about nutrition.
I commit to learning more about disease prevention.
I commit to learning more about my immune system.
I commit to developing a good exercise plan for strengthening my body, my immune system, and for maintaining maximum health only.

Because I commit to good health, I will start by drinking more water, including the living water.:prayer:

Let's get healthy!:thumbsup:

InHisgripKim commits.
Blessings to all of you earth angels.

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Proud of you Daysoni, very positive Love! Keep it up!

Look at yourself, and be proud,
Lifes your future, don't turn it down,
Look in the mirror and what do you see
A wonderful person thats you and me.

Don't look at whats not there
You will get through when in despair
See stronger, and stronger you'll become
Your not a failure, your so strong.

So my friends, you can get through,
Be positive, and love yourself too
Nothing will change that
Cos your all cool.

Im-revived:pray:

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
One of the things that my treatment program emphasized was self-soothing. Self-soothing is anything that you do for yourself that helps you regroup, relax and feel positive. It is not self-defeating stuff, but self-promoting stuff.

Here are some things I like to do to self-soothe:

1. Prayer
2. Bible Study
3. Journal
4. Call a friend and help someone who is struggling too.
5. Bubble bath
6. Hug my cat
7. Read a good book.
8. Play certain music. eg. classical, 60s Motown, Les Miserables.
9. Take a walk.
10. Light candles, and turn off the lights and meditate.
11. Deep breathing.

It is recommended that I do these things before I get the urge to overeat, not just when I am tempted.

Hugs,
Trish

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miracle Storm

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2005
✟74,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Daysoni,
I just wanted to say thank you for this thread. :) This is also good for those who may be in a little bit of denial about their recovery. (namely me)Sometimes I feel like I am on an up and down and even upside down roller coaster ride.:( My exuse for myself that I try to get away with and even believe most of the time is "oh, I just forgot to eat" That will be at 7:00p.m. at night! So again thank you.
God bless you daysoni, in Jesus' name!
with love in Christ, amberbeth.:hug:

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Upvote 0

Daysoni

Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fight the good fight with all your might!
Christ is your strenght and Christ is your right!
Lay hold of life and all you should be
Your joy and crown eternally.

Run your whole race through Gods good grace;
Lift up your eyes and see His face.
Life with it's trials before us lies.
But Christ is the path and Christ is the prize

Cast care aside and lean on your guide;
His boundless mercy will provide.
Trust in the Who sees from above
Feed on his Wonder and receive His Love.

Faint not nor fear, His arms are near;
He changes not and to Him you are dear.
Only believe and you will soon see,
That Christ will supply your every need.

I found this poem in another Forum that I visit

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is in our heart, soul and mind.
The most positive self-image we can have is to look at ourselves through the eyes of our loving Lord Jesus.

In a meditation of mine, Jesus told me to look at myself through His eyes only. My eyes are of this world and are influenced by worldly things.

WWJS - What Would Jesus See? He is not of this world and not concerned about worldly things.

Let's Get Healthy and Stay Healthy!

What are you going to do different today in order to get healthy and stay healthy?

I'm going to drink less coffee and start drinking more antioxidant teas such as green, white, ginger, cranberry teas. I think I will get on a regiment of detox tea to clean my liver and blood. You can buy ginger tea bags but the best is grating up some ginger root and adding it to water. Heat the water till it boils and then simmer for about five minutes. Wowy - it's realy zesty tea.

Kim

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is a wonderful feeling when we have those moments where we really like ourselves and love ourselves.

Jesus was concerned with heart, soul, and mind. Each one of us here, I know, has a beautiful heart, soul, and mind. If you met someone just like you, you would love them. So, love yourself and feel awesome. Jesus would approve.

Bye earth angels,
Kim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.