Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's neat is that you know darned well, my Irish friend, that when you hear the word "sodomy" you don't think of oral sex either! (that is, if you were being honest!). Nobody these days thinks of that part of the definition. You know full well what I meant! But any attempt to make me look dumb is always worth jumping on, eh? ;)

Selective sodomy..?

Thats a neat trick...

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to know where in the Catechism or official teachings of the Catholic Church that oral sex is a mortal sin. Now, while I personally don't belong to the CC and really their teachings don't affect me nor do I accept mortal vs. venial sins and whatnot, I'd still like to see where this is spelled out? I've seen arguments on both sides of the fence. But I would say that it's pretty plain that a heterosexual couple that has oral sex in foreplay and then gets pregnant that night is a far cry from Rick and Steve having anal sex at the same time across town!

People around here don't like being told that heterosexual married couples engaging in oral sex or mutual masturbation is sinful.

But yes, oral sex and anal sex are immoral (and considered sodomy) regardless of the sexual orientation of the couple engaging in it.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What's neat is that you know darned well, my Irish friend, that when you hear the word "sodomy" you don't think of oral sex either! (that is, if you were being honest!). Nobody these days thinks of that part of the definition. You know full well what I meant! But any attempt to make me look dumb is always worth jumping on, eh? ;)

I think of that as part of the definition
ofcouse that is not the first thing I think of, but that is a valid part of the definition for sodomy

basically any unnatural sex between people can be termed sodomy

but like I said before, I think it is mostly being brought up just to side track the conversation

Upvote 0

David Waffen

Great American
Apr 29, 2004
The greatest nation on Earth
✟1,060.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd like to know where in the Catechism or official teachings of the Catholic Church that oral sex is a mortal sin. Now, while I personally don't belong to the CC and really their teachings don't affect me nor do I accept mortal vs. venial sins and whatnot, I'd still like to see where this is spelled out? I've seen arguments on both sides of the fence. But I would say that it's pretty plain that a heterosexual couple that has oral sex in foreplay and then gets pregnant that night is a far cry from Rick and Steve having anal sex at the same time across town!

Doing anything other than being open to life is contrary to natural law according to the Catholic Church.. and any institution that belongs to God.

A married couple may engage in all kinds of various activities - but they must respect the sexual act as being open to life, which requires [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] into the vagina. That is really elementary when you think about it. The concept of sex without an openness to life is perverse. Unfortunately language like that can get you fired and even homosexuals have taken over forums like this one and demand that you condone their perverse activities here.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed that for definitions, people here fall back on the dictionary of MAN. Definitions are helpful. I've used them many times. There is no emotional appeal to a definition. But since this is a Christian site (and a Catholic one at that) perhaps the Bible holds more sway here. And the Bible says that its an abomination for man to lie with man (as if with a woman). It's also an abomination should woman lie with a woman.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I do not think homosexuals form a union, as well.

Sex is one man and one woman in union and open to life and to be good in God's eyes, they must be married. Marriage is a union for this reason and the term marriage and union can never apply to homosexuals, it is incompatable.
Well said, I completely agree.

Sex IS between one man and one woman only. Period. It is impossible for members of the same sex to have "sex". Anal and oral "sex" are just sexual perversions. Period.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
...As long as no [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] occurs, oral foreplay is fine. Anal sex is a strict NO for heterosexual couples as well. The anus was NEVER intended for sexual purposes, EVER. God created it to get rid of waste, nothing more nothing less. The penis and vagina however are intended for sexual purposes that might end up in procreation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,132.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

So you are being selective in your use of the word sodomy. Thought so...

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
According to the teachings of the Church, oral sex IS sodomy. A woman performing oral sex on a man is committing a grave act. It doesn't matter if a large amount of people do it. It also doesn't matter if a large amount of people committed per-marital sex. ALL are broken and called to repentance. period.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Is anyone else uncomfortable with these exposition on sexual acts..?

Only in OBOB...:D
Nope, I'm not uncomfortable. Sex is a beautiful gift from God when it's abused or perversions are mixed in it gets ugly.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
According to the teachings of the Church, oral sex IS sodomy. A woman performing oral sex on a man is committing a grave act. It doesn't matter if a large amount of people do it. It also doesn't matter if a large amount of people committed per-marital sex. ALL are broken and called to repentance. period.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would like to see a source on that. Is it explicit in the CCC?
By the way, this thread has devolved into the bizarre! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I know you're trying to somehow "check and mate" me with the strictest definition of "sodomy," I think you know darned well what I'm referring to with sodomy without going into gory details. And I would hope that you DO find anal sex to be "gross." If not, well, we have nothing left to say! LOL

Look, if you enjoy Oral Sodomy with your wife now and again, I guess that's your business, (why you'd want to remain in the closet about it is puzzling, but hey.. whatever floats your boat) but when I see one potential sodomite wagging their finger and calling another potential sodomite, "Sodomite!" I'll usually say something about it.

Pots calling kettles black isn't something I usually let slide in a debate forum without at least one comment about it.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stupid question aside, I think the Democrat has a point here.

Who's the Democrat? You?

Anal, oral etc. are evil. But it's possible for a man and a woman to have licit sex. And we can't tell whether they are or not.

And you CAN tell whether or not any given GAY Couple is sexually active with one another?

In short, if we realised sex serves two purposes - procreation, and union, both - and stopped pretending like unity was the only one, perhaps our society wouldn't be as "screwed up" as it is.

I re married after my first wife died from Cancer.
My Wife now has had a life saving hysterectomy prior to our marriage.

Procreation for us is impossible (even thought we are arguably still of child bearing age). Is your argument that since procreation is impossible for us, we should not be having sex?

Are my wife and I "screwing up society" by having sex with each other?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sex is one man and one woman in union and open to life and to be good in God's eyes, they must be married.

So when Christ rejecting hetero couples get married, the sex they have is "good" in God's eyes? Or does your definition apply only to Christians?

Marriage is a union for this reason and the term marriage and union can never apply to homosexuals, it is incompatable.

But you have no problem with the terms Marriage and Union applying to Christ rejecting Hetero couples?

Really?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
heterosexual sodomy seems to be used as a dodge by people who wish to downplay the sinfulness of homosexual actions rather then a topic people seem serious in talking about

Seems to me, around here anyway, heterosexual sodomy is used for pleasure by all the heterosexual sodomites who enjoy it. They may not wish to admit it, and pointing away from their own sin of sodomy by pointing our someone elses sin of Sodomy seems to be the favorite tactic of avoidance, but that's their own cross to bear.

Sodomy is Sodomy, period.
It has no bias for or against a certain sexual orientation.

ANY thread about the Sin of Sodomy must include discussion of all Sodomite Sin.

Perfectly on topic...
I think those who wish to be selective about which Sodomy they reject for others and which Sodomy they enjoy for themselves, is is the REAL dodge.

Upvote 0