Washington State House Passes Bill to Allow Hiding Minors’ Gender Transitions From Parents

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Washington State Catholic Conference, which represents the state’s Catholic bishops, noted that the bill undermines the foundational relationship between parents and their children and urged lawmakers to vote it down.

A bill under consideration in Washington state would allow licensed youth shelters to withhold information from parents about whether a child in their care is undergoing a gender transition, allowing the shelters to instead contact the state.

The bill, titled “Supporting Youth and Young Adults Seeking Protected Health Care Services,” introduced by six Democrats, passed the state House last Wednesday. The bill would allow licensed overnight youth shelters housing a minor to inform only the state’s Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) and not a child’s parents if the child is “seeking or receiving protected health care services.” The bill defines protected services as including “evaluation and treatments for gender dysphoria, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and gender-affirming surgical procedures.”

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Washington State Catholic Conference, which represents the state’s Catholic bishops, noted that the bill undermines the foundational relationship between parents and their children and urged lawmakers to vote it down.

A bill under consideration in Washington state would allow licensed youth shelters to withhold information from parents about whether a child in their care is undergoing a gender transition, allowing the shelters to instead contact the state.

The bill, titled “Supporting Youth and Young Adults Seeking Protected Health Care Services,” introduced by six Democrats, passed the state House last Wednesday. The bill would allow licensed overnight youth shelters housing a minor to inform only the state’s Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) and not a child’s parents if the child is “seeking or receiving protected health care services.” The bill defines protected services as including “evaluation and treatments for gender dysphoria, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and gender-affirming surgical procedures.”

Continued below.
Comes a time when the proper thing to do is move. If this passes, that time may have come for Washington state parents.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Comes a time when the proper thing to do is move. If this passes, that time may have come for Washington state parents.
Agree. Those who are calling this state sponsored kiddnapping are not wrong.
Maybe a child who has not yet even reached puberty will decide that their parents are forcing religion on them
by making them go to church and Sunday School and confirmation classes and Christian school and will run away and
the state will allow them to live in one of these places because the parents are being "abusive." by forcing religion on them.
I can see this happening in 30 years time from now if we keep pulling to the left. It's been proposed before if I remember correctly but didn't go anywhere.
Personally I have no issues with whatever consenting adults do as long as no harm or violence is done but it seems children alway have to be involved. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it really does seem there is a plan to indoctinate kids. Remember in the '80's and '90's when the LGBT movement was all about " Just let me live my life."? And Christians can live theirs? I'm old enough to remember that.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Agree. Those who are calling this state sponsored kiddnapping are not wrong.
Maybe a child who has not yet even reached puberty will decide that their parents are forcing religion on them
by making them go to church and Sunday School and confirmation classes and Christian school and will run away and
the state will allow them to live in one of these places because the parents are being "abusive." by forcing religion on them.
I can see this happening in 30 years time from now if we keep pulling to the left. It's been proposed before if I remember correctly but didn't go anywhere.
Personally I have no issues with whatever consenting adults do as long as no harm or violence is done but it seems children alway have to be involved. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it really does seem there is a plan to indoctinate kids. Remember in the '80's and '90's when the LGBT movement was all about " Just let me live my life."? And Christians can live theirs? I'm old enough to remember that.
30 years? More like 30 months. Sorry to say.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
30 years? More like 30 months. Sorry to say.
Kyrie Eleison. We must pray seeking the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Peter and St. John the Beloved, that God will defend the church from persecution in the areas under the temporary political control of the ungodly and preventing this country from becoming like the Soviet Union, the Ottoman Empire, or worse, Maoist China, North Korea and Albania during the enforced atheist rule of Enver Hoxha.

Of course God did deliver the Albanians from persecution, and it failed to stop religion, with the Catholic and Orthodox churches never being entirely suppressed even with the best efforts of Hoxha’s secret police. St. Theresa of Calcutta )Mother Theresa) is originally from Albania by the way, and one of the most interesting Byzantine Catholic churches is the Italo-Albanian Catholic Church, comprised of Albanians who have lived for over a few centuries in Sicily and elsewhere in Southern Italy. They have a parish in Las Vegas I have been meaning to visit.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Kyrie Eleison. We must pray seeking the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Peter and St. John the Beloved, that God will defend the church from persecution in the areas under the temporary political control of the ungodly and preventing this country from becoming like the Soviet Union, the Ottoman Empire, or worse, Maoist China, North Korea and Albania during the enforced atheist rule of Enver Hoxha.

Of course God did deliver the Albanians from persecution, and it failed to stop religion, with the Catholic and Orthodox churches never being entirely suppressed even with the best efforts of Hoxha’s secret police. St. Theresa of Calcutta )Mother Theresa) is originally from Albania by the way, and one of the most interesting Byzantine Catholic churches is the Italo-Albanian Catholic Church, comprised of Albanians who have lived for over a few centuries in Sicily and elsewhere in Southern Italy. They have a parish in Las Vegas I have been meaning to visit.
AMEN. Thank God for his faithfulness.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Gross law. Their PR is trying to say it’s only for kids who’ve been kicked out. Then why is the State so scared of contacting the parents?
This is a disturbing thought I had not considered.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Gross law. Their PR is trying to say it’s only for kids who’ve been kicked out. Then why is the State so scared of contacting the parents?
It's all about control. Liberals and the LGBT cult want to control everything. Period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Continued below.
In other words the State is protecting minors to mutilate their bodies while denying a basic Human Right of parents to protect their own children from abuse.

Upvote 0