W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have heard it said, by some posters, that Peter fished in the nude. They cite this scripture below. However it says Peter took off his outer garment. But did Peter have under garments on under his outer garment?

John 21:7 Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, “It is the Lord,” he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Some say" a lot of things - it is popular in "some circles" to claim all immersions were sans clothes, including women. (very very unlikely, btw).
"Some say" infants were immersed. That is contrary to some Scripture, so is not likely.
Peter fishing without clothes on is not impossible - but not important today as far as I know.

Who knows ..... But 'proof' of one or the other for most of what "they say" has not been readily available,
if at all.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe, maybe not.
Strong's No.:
G1131
Greek:
γυμνός
Transliteration:
gumnos
Pronunciation:
goom-nos'
Definition:
Of uncertain affinity;
nude (absolutely or relatively literally or figuratively): - naked.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Who knows ..... But 'proof' of one or the other for most of what "they say" has not been readily available,
if at all.
I agree. The scripture simply refers to an outer garment but we cannot know what peter had on under that garment.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Strong's No.:
G1131
From *blueletterbible*
Mat 25:36

Naked, G1131 and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Tools

Mat 25:38

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, G1131 and clothed thee?
Tools

Mat 25:43

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, G1131 and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Tools

Mat 25:44

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, G1131 or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Tools

copyChkboxOff.gif
Mar 14:51

And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked G1131 body; and the young men laid hold on him:
Tools

copyChkboxOff.gif
Mar 14:52

And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked. G1131
Tools

copyChkboxOff.gif
Jhn 21:7

Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) G1131 and did cast himself into the sea.
Tools

copyChkboxOff.gif
Act 19:16

And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked G1131 and wounded.
Tools

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Co 15:37

And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare G1131 grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
Tools

copyChkboxOff.gif
2Co 5:3

If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. G1131
Tools

Heb 4:13

Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked G1131 and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Tools

Jas 2:15

If a brother or sister be naked, G1131 and destitute of daily food,
Tools

Rev 3:17

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: G1131
Tools

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 16:15

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, G1131 and they see his shame.
Tools

copyChkboxOff.gif
Rev 17:16

And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, G1131 and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So you're saying the scripture has no relevant purpose?
There's a lot of cult beliefs around on the forum for over a decade. Sometime 'we' ekklesia tried to debate, reason or argue or persuade for a long time to no avail.
Yes, this is prevalent in society everywhere also. (much delusion and deception everywhere, as noted in other threads old and new)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I dont know what he believes but people have said the same about me.
Sometimes 'they' post what they believe, not just the results of what they believe, and testing by Scripture may often show clearly when it is from a cult belief .
Always test everything by Scripture, and keep alert, always seeking the Father in heaven, always, every day, as He Says to, and as He grants grace to.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have heard it said, by some posters, that Peter fished in the nude. They cite this scripture below. However it says Peter took off his outer garment. But did Peter have under garments on under his outer garment?

John 21:7 Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, “It is the Lord,” he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water.
What do you call your jacket? An outter garment or underwear?

• Haha
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0