Was or is YHWH, or the God that interacted with men in the OT 100% completely omniscient...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Was or is YHWH, or the God that interacted with men in the OT 100% completely omniscient...?

I need help with this, and it's very important for me to know this, as a great deal of some of my theories and piecing them together, hinges on this...

Was or is YHWH, or the God that interacted with men in the OT 100% completely omniscient? Or, not...?

It would seem to me that a God who was 100% completely omniscient and predetermined and predestined all, would not have any need to interfere or interact at all, from the moment he created all, or set everything in motion...

Why would he need to interact or interfere or intervene, except for maybe a predetermined time when all would turn to him and all would cry out and beg and plea, all saying and admitting their desperate need for such an entity, which that entity would know way, way ahead of time, anyhow, would not need to interfere, interact, or intervene, except for a predetermined time, when all would be on their knees begging to be saved and rescued by such a one...

But, other than that, why would such a one need to at all...?

A little help would be greatly appreciated...

Comments...?

God Bless!

Reactions: CrystalDragon

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I need help with this, and it's very important for me to know this, as a great deal of some of my theories and piecing them together, hinges on this...

Was or is YHWH, or the God that interacted with men in the OT 100% completely omniscient? Or, not...?

It would seem to me that a God who was 100% completely omniscient and predetermined and predestined all, would not have any need to interfere or interact at all, from the moment he created all, or set everything in motion...

Why would he need to interact or interfere or intervene, except for maybe a predetermined time when all would turn to him and all would cry out and beg and plea, all saying and admitting their desperate need for such an entity, which that entity would know way, way ahead of time, anyhow, would not need to interfere, interact, or intervene, except for a predetermined time, when all would be on their knees begging to be saved and rescued by such a one...

Comments...?

God Bless!

Though God sees time from beginning to end, humans do not.
So the scriptures relate stories of the interaction between the
two. Because we are half of the story, there is a "time line"
from our perspective anyway.

For example, Jesus saved all people in the past and future.
We think He was only here 30 years.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Though God sees time from beginning to end, humans do not.
So the scriptures relate stories of the interaction between the
two. Because we are half of the story, there is a "time line"
from our perspective anyway.

For example, Jesus saved all people in the past and future.
We think He was only here 30 years.
But, why would God ever be angry? Or be hurt? Or seem to surprised? Or change his mind? Or be or seem to be tempermental, or get irritated, or lose his patience...? If he was 100% completely omniscient...?

The only explanation I can possibly think of, is that, if he was, he did those things, and showed those kind of feelings and emotions, and did what he did, cause it had to be done that way, and could not have been done any other way, to set up his future purposes and next steps that he wanted to show us...

But, "Why" is still the question, if he was purposefully acting emotional toward us on and for a purpose, "Why" and "what is" that "purpose"...?

For us to be able to know him, maybe...? But, he appears to not be that different from a flawed, emotional man, in that case... And what would be the purpose in showing us that...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But, why would God ever be angry? Or be hurt? Or seem to surprised? Or change his mind? If he was 100% completely omniscient...?

The only explanation I can possibly think of, is that, if he was, he did those things, and showed those kind of feelings and emotions, and did what he did, cause it had to be done that way, and could not have been done any other way, to set up his future purposes and next steps that he wanted to show us...

But, "Why" is still the question, if he was purposefully acting emotional toward us on and for a purpose, "Why" and "what is" that "purpose"...?

For us to be able to know him, maybe...? But, he appears to not be that different from a flawed, emotional man, in that case... And what would be the purpose in showing us that...?

God Bless!

He didn't.
There are many passages about God that are mans description of what happened.
It's almost impossible for men to not think "This" then "That". God approves.
For example God will answer a prayer after a request, but there is no "after".
God already knew and answered before the world was formed.
But it's hard for men to grasp that. So to make the bible more relatable
God allowed for men to write it. If God actually wrote the Bible it would just say
"I Am".

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He didn't.
There are many passages about God that are mans description of what happened.
It's almost impossible for men to not think "This" then "That". God approves.
For example God will answer a prayer after a request, but there is no "after".
God already knew and answered before the world was formed.
But it's hard for men to grasp that. So to make the bible more relatable
God allowed for men to write it. If God actually wrote the Bible it would just say
"I Am".
So, you don't believe that the Bible is God's own words about himself, but man's, what? Delusions...?

I don't believe that, that would mean those men were either liars, or were being deceived...

If YHWH wasn't 100% omniscient, then I believe YHWH was God, the Son, and only God, the Father was 100% completely omniscient, and his Son was meant to show us, both his/their and at the same time "our" and man's heart and how God is "like us" in like the way they can "feel" like us...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, why would God ever be angry? Or be hurt? Or seem to surprised? Or change his mind? Or be or seem to be tempermental, or get irritated, or lose his patience...? If he was 100% completely omniscient...?
I think there are many Bible passages from which we can infer that God is omniscient (and always was). Perhaps the answer to your questions is to remember that the Bible was written from a human perspective, which is why it might seem that God was angry, hurt, etc. Or it might be that even though He knew it was coming, He chose to be angry & hurt when the event actually occurred. For example, if I knew my wife was divorcing me, I would still probably have an emotional reaction when the divorce papers showed up for me to sign.

Would it help to talk about specific instances?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!

Hi Neogaia, to begin with, here is, "the Lord/YHWH/the God who interacted with men in the OT", Himself saying:

Isaiah 46
9 "I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure".

So God Himself seems to do a pretty good job of answering your first question above in this little passage excerpt, yes :preach:

As for interfering/interacting, God had many things to say in the OT about that, but this comes to mind first:

Isaiah 1
18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Clearly God wanted interaction with those He chose to love, His children, so much so that He eventually sent His Son to die for us :amen: And while He knows all and ordains (allows or causes) whatsoever comes to pass, a BIG part of the reason that most things come to pass like they do is BECAUSE of His interaction with us/His direct involvement in our affairs (which we are often unaware of). IOW, part of His omniscience would include knowing just how much He was going to be needed, when & where, etc., to keep His plan for us on track (because you know as well as I do that if He left us to our own devices, it would be nothing but a disaster).

To be a Christian is to "know" God, and He us .. cf John 17:3; Matthew 7:22-23. If He simply created the universe, set it in motion and withdrew, how could anyone know Him, or love Him, and again, how would it be possible for Him to know and love us?

God, after all, is "love" .. 1 John 4:8 ("love" being one of only 3 "nouns" in the Bible that describe Him)

Yours in Christ,
David
p.s. - it was God's desire to live among us from the beginning, but we wouldn't have it, and it is by His plan and will alone that we are now redeemed (at great cost to Him I might add). He did this so that we would never have to live apart from Him, ever again. IOW, He seems like a Father who wants to know, love and be part of His children's daily lives, does He not :)

"We love because He first loved us"

1 John 4:19

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think there are many Bible passages from which we can infer that God is omniscient (and always was). Perhaps the answer to your questions is to remember that the Bible was written from a human perspective, which is why it might seem that God was angry, hurt, etc. Or it might be that even though He knew it was coming, He chose to be angry & hurt when the event actually occurred. For example, if I knew my wife was divorcing me, I would still probably have an emotional reaction when the divorce papers showed up for me to sign.

Would it help to talk about specific instances?
Not if you have been through it all already and infinite number of times, like a being who always is, was, and will be, forever, and always has been since forever is or would be...

In fact, it would be far more likely that such a one would laugh at these things... And others that might see him laugh, just wouldn't understand...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
God likes and loves dealing and working with people.
God made man and did so to have a relationship with them, creatures which are of a lower nature than the angels, to set them over the creation, the works of His hands.

Hebrews 2:5-8New King James Version (NKJV)
The Son Made Lower than Angels
5 For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. 6 But one testified in a certain place, saying:

“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
7 You have made him a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.
8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”

For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him.

Now for those who are in Christ, they are united with Him as one.
1 Corinthians 6:17
But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi Neogaia, to begin with, here is "the Lord/YHWH/the God who interacted with men in the OT" Himself speaking. He says:

Isaiah 46
9 "I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is no one like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure".

So God Himself seems to do a pretty good job of answering your first question above in this little passage excerpt, yes :preach:

As for interfering/interacting, God had many things to say in the OT about that, but this comes to mind first:

Isaiah 1
18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Clearly God wanted interaction with those He chose to love, His children, so much so that He eventually sent His Son to die for us :amen: And while He knows all and ordains (allows or causes) whatsoever comes to pass, a BIG part of the reason that most things come to pass like they do is BECAUSE of His interaction with us/His direct involvement in our affairs (which we are often unaware of). IOW, part of His omniscience would include knowing just how much He was going to be needed, when & where, etc., to keep His plan for us on track (because you know as well as I do that if He left us to our own devices, it would be nothing but a disaster).

To be a Christian is to "know" God, and He us .. cf John 17:3; Matthew 7:22-23. If He simply created the universe, set it in motion and withdrew, how could anyone know Him, or love Him, and again, how would it be possible for Him to know and love us?

Yours in Christ,
David

"We love because He first loved us"

1 John 4:19
God, the Father in Isaiah 46, or the Lord, who is YHWH...?

As for Isiah 1 it says the Lord, and there seems to be some distinction between God, and the Lord

(1 Corinthians 8:6) (2 Corinthians 1:3) (2 Corinthians 11:31)

Oh, heck, I'll just cut and paste...

To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LordJesus Christ.
Rom 15:6

that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 1:3

1Co 8:6

yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
2Co 1:2

2Co 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
2Co 6:18

The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
Gal 1:3

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our LordJesus Christ,
Eph 1:2

Eph 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
Eph 1:17

that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
Eph 3:14

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 5:20

giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 6:23

Peace to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Fatherand the Lord Jesus Christ.
Phl 1:2

Phl 2:11

and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Col 1:2

To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LordJesus Christ.Col 1:3

We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
Col 3:17

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
1Th 1:1

Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy,
To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the LordJesus Christ.1Th 1:3

remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father,
1Th 3:11

Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you.
1Th 3:13

so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.
2Th 1:1

To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:2

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Point is their is most definitely a difference between the Lord and God, the Father...

Here's some more:

yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
1Co 15:24

Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
Gal 1:1

Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),
Gal 1:3

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 5:20

giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 6:23

Peace to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Fatherand the Lord Jesus Christ.
Phl 2:11

and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Col 3:17

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of theLord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
1Th 1:1

To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and theLord Jesus Christ:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.2Ti 1:2

To Timothy, a beloved son:
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
Tit 1:4

To Titus, a true son in our common faith:
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ1Pe 1:2

elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of theblood of Jesus Christ:
Grace to you and peace be multiplied.
2Pe 1:17

For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
2Jo 1:3

Grace, mercy, and peace will be with youJde 1:1

Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James,
To those who are called, sanctified[fn] by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ:

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Proverbs 8, also note v31

“The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.
23 I have been established from everlasting,
From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth,
When there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills, I was brought forth;
26 While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
Or the primal dust of the world.
27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28 When He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
29 When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,
31 Rejoicing in His inhabited world,
And my delight was with the sons of men.

32 “Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord;
36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.”

and v27 == The Flat Earth a circle on the face of the great deep,

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Even Jesus said, Do not be calling anyone on earth your Father, for their is one God, our Father in heaven, and do not be calling anyone on earth your Lord, or teacher, for one is your Lord and teacher and I am he..." (paraphrasing, but, you more than likely know what I'm talking about) (It was the scripture I was searching for, when I ran across those others)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Proverbs 8, also note v31

“The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.
23 I have been established from everlasting,
From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth,
When there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills, I was brought forth;
26 While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
Or the primal dust of the world.
27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28 When He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
29 When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,
31 Rejoicing in His inhabited world,
And my delight was with the sons of men.

32 “Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.

and v27 == The Flat Earth a circle on the face of the great deep,
Is Solomon speaking of himself, or the Lord, seems pretty boastful for Solomon to say that about himself...? Is that why he fell into so much sin and seemed so very miserable sometimes...?

If he is speaking of the Lord, then who is the Lord speaking of establishing him, ect, ect...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Even Jesus said, Do not be calling anyone on earth your Father, for their is one God, our Father in heaven, and do not be calling anyone on earth your Lord, or teacher, for one is your Lord and teacher and I am he..." (paraphrasing, but, you more than likely know what I'm talking about) (It was the scripture I was searching for, when I ran across those others)...

God Bless!
He is both our Lord and our God, those who are His people will exclaim such.

Genesis 2:4
This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Genesis 2:5
before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground;
Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
Genesis 2:8
[ Life in God’s Garden ] The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.

John 20:25
The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
"God is one" (this is perhaps the #1 truth revealed to us in the OT). The Trinity, especially in the NT, describes Him as one God existing as three Persons.

God is called "God" or "Lord" (as are all the Members of the Godhead). YHWH is God's proper name (I believe it means, "I am" or "I am who I am"). This is the name God Himself gave the to the Israelites to know Him by. As far as which member of the Trinity made the physical appearances in the OT, I have come to believe that at least most were made by the Pre-Incarnate Son of God. IOW, the finger that drew in the dirt before the angry mod in John 8 belongs to the very same Member of the Trinity who wrote the 10 Commandments on two tablets of stone and gave them to Moses.

Gotta go right now, but I'll get back to this later today if need be.

Yours and His,
David

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Is Solomon speaking of himself, or the Lord, seems pretty boastful for Solomon to say that about himself...? Is that why he fell into so much sin and seemed so very miserable sometimes...?

If he is speaking of the Lord, then who is the Lord speaking of establishing him, ect, ect...?

God Bless!

Christ became for us wisdom from God by God.

Proverbs 8 the wisdom chapter says that.

1 Corinthians 1:24
but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—

Hebrews 5:5
[ A Priest Forever ] So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.”

God glorified Christ.

John 12:27-29New King James Version (NKJV)
Jesus Predicts His Death on the Cross
27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”

Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”

29 Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He is both our Lord and our God, those who are His people will exclaim such.

Genesis 2:4
This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
Genesis 2:5
before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground;
Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
Genesis 2:8
[ Life in God’s Garden ] The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.

John 20:25
The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
He is God, the Son, not God, the Father, or Lord God, who made all things by the power and authority of the Father... But, NOT the Father himself....

So, was YHWH, or Lord God, or God the Son, 100% completely omniscient or not? As Omniscient as the Father himself...? Remember, Jesus himself said the Father is greater than I am, greater than all... (John 10:29, John 14:28)...

So God, the Father must be greater in "some way", question is: "what" way...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Christ became for us wisdom from God by God.

Proverbs 8 the wisdom chapter says that.

1 Corinthians 1:24
but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—

Hebrews 5:5
[ A Priest Forever ] So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.”

God glorified Christ.

John 12:27-29New King James Version (NKJV)
Jesus Predicts His Death on the Cross
27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”

Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”

29 Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.”
Your no where near to answering my questions... You seem to just be throwing random scriptures out there that have almost nothing to do with my questions...?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
He is God, the Son, not God, the Father, or Lord God, who made all things by the power and authority of the Father... But, NOT the Father himself....

So, was YHWH, or Lord God, or God the Son, 100% completely omniscient or not? As Omniscient as the Father himself...? Remember, Jesus himself said the Father is greater than I am, greater than all... (John 10:29, John 14:28)...

So God, the Father must be greater in "some way", question is: "what" way...?

God Bless!

It is said through Christ God created the universe....

Hebrews 1New King James Version (NKJV)
God’s Supreme Revelation
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; (greek here means universe)

Upvote 0