Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think it is safe to say America was more of a church-going nation "back then," whenever that was. But, we have never been a Christian nation, per se, since our formation. Before the internet and so many other opportunities, the church was the social hub of the community where people connected. That is not so much the case presently.
Yes, I agree. We were a Christian nation only in that most Americans were Christian. My opinion on our documents as a nation. I think deist, would be fitting. Acknowledging GOD, was for the purpose of making immutable our rights. God gave them, Man cannot take them away.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Prior to 1967 and the "Summer of Love" the worldview was basically a Christian world view after this it has become more and more secular and pagan. The feminist movement in 1968 founded new organizations that were built off paganism. The fertility cult was the model for feminism after 1968. Their stated goal for the family was to "destroy this institution because it represents slavery for women"

Reactions: nalex1066
Upvote 0

nalex1066

Mar 10, 2024
HASTINGS
✟4,060.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it is safe to say America was more of a church-going nation "back then," whenever that was. But, we have never been a Christian nation, per se, since our formation. Before the internet and so many other opportunities, the church was the social hub of the community where people connected. That is not so much the case presently.
Just like us, I so agree‍♂️

Upvote 0