✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Did Adam and eve enter heaven?

Salvation as we understand the concept available to mankind after Jesus' Crucifixion was not mentioned in the Old Testament.

God did take Enoch, but that is the only mention of anyone until Elijah.

There was no Propitiation for sin until Jesus.

Jesus went an preached to the spirits in prison, after His Crucifixion.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

They could have been among the crowd when Jesus preached in hades after His death. But, I am inclined to think that they probably weren't on the side He was. I don't see any mention in Hebrews 11 (or anywhere else) that names them among the faithful. Jesus (and the Scriptures in general) seem to be very clear that obedience is a huge thing for God. Adam displayed direct disobedience. He was told directly by God one "no-no" and he ignored it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Salvation as we understand the concept available to mankind after Jesus' Crucifixion was not mentioned in the Old Testament.

God did take Enoch, but that is the only mention of anyone until Elijah.

There was no Propitiation for sin until Jesus.

Jesus went an preached to the spirits in prison, after His Crucifixion.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
All of Creation was made through Jesus.
"Timing" is never an issue with God.
He is not less or more here now, than ever.

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No human has yet been judged, therefor no human has died and ascended to heaven.

I think the point of the question was that Adam and Eve's "body of works/belief" are complete--just like Abraham's. So, in our opinion, do we believe they will be found in heaven (understanding that we aren't the Judge who decides that anyway)? Of course I could be wrong and it could be a trick question, like you suggested.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of Creation was made through Jesus.
"Timing" is never an issue with God.
He is not less or more here now, than ever.

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

Don't you think the point he was making is that the idea of the crucifixion was hidden from even the wisest minds and from satan himself? Afterall, Scripture confirms that they didn't see it coming or they wouldn't have done it.

But, I also agree that all of us will be without excuse--even those who never have the blinders removed. And, I agree with you that what Jesus did was timeless. it was ordained before the world was created and it will benefit all those who God put on the paradise side of hades (Abraham, Joseph, David, and Moses, etc). That is very clearly spoken in Scripture, as you have shared.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They could have been among the crowd when Jesus preached in hades after His death. But, I am inclined to think that they probably weren't on the side He was. I don't see any mention in Hebrews 11 (or anywhere else) that names them among the faithful. Jesus (and the Scriptures in general) seem to be very clear that obedience is a huge thing for God. Adam displayed direct disobedience. He was told directly by God one "no-no" and he ignored it.

Only God knows what Adam's motive was in sharing in Eve's disobedience. Some believe it was a actually attempted suicide. He believed that God would take Eve's life and decided not to live without her. He was not deceived as was Eve, who believed the serpent, who said she would "not surely" die. She then tried to convince Adam of that as well, but he believed God, not her.

Disobedience is as much 'works' as are righteous deeds. No one is saved or condemned by their works or deeds, but by their faith or lack of faith.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
An ancient teaching of the church; Harrowing of Hell .
a blog article on Holy Saturday

the icon of the Resurrection with Christ pulling up Adam and Eve
Resurrection_(24).jpg

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only God knows what Adam's motive was in sharing in Eve's disobedience. Some believe it was a actually attempted suicide. He believed that God would take Eve's life and decided not to live without her. He was not deceived as was Eve, who believed the serpent, who said she would "not surely" die. She then tried to convince Adam of that as well, but he believed God, not her.

Disobedience is as much 'works' as are righteous deeds. No one is saved or condemned by their works or deeds, but by their faith or lack of faith.

RE: "suicide" theory: God gave Eve to Adam; but not to be loved above Him--just like God gave Abraham Isaac, but not to be loved above Him. Abraham was obedient even when it hurt, because of His faith. Adam was disobedient for what purpose? Eve believed satan's lies about God in lieu of trusting God. Scripture only reports that: "When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." (Gen 3:6) Then, when God confronts Adam, he said nothing about "dying with the love of his life." He said: "the woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree and I did eat." (Gen 3:12) Hardly a strong foundation for the "If You are going to kill her, I want to die, too" hypothesis.

Scripture speaks about that lack of separation between belief and works in so many places, for instance: Matt 7:21-27, John 14:23-24, John 15:5-7, 10. Even Paul repeatedly talks about the necessity of walking in the Spirit to reap life rather than walking in the flesh where you reap condemnation (Rom 8:1--full verse), corruption (Gal 6:7-8), and death (Rom 8:13).

• Agree
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
RE: "suicide" theory: God gave Eve to Adam; but not to be loved above Him--just like God gave Abraham Isaac, but not to be loved above Him. Abraham was obedient even when it hurt, because of His faith. Adam was disobedient for what purpose? Eve believed satan's lies about God in lieu of trusting God. Scripture only reports that: "When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." (Gen 3:6) Then, when God confronts Adam, he said nothing about "dying with the love of his life." He said: "the woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree and I did eat." (Gen 3:12) Hardly a strong foundation for the "If You are going to kill her, I want to die, too" hypothesis.

If Adam was not deceived 1 Timothy 2:14 why did he partake?

Scripture speaks about that lack of separation between belief and works in so many places, for instance: Matt 7:21-27, John 14:23-24, John 15:5-7, 10. Even Paul repeatedly talks about the necessity of walking in the Spirit to reap life rather than walking in the flesh where you reap condemnation (Rom 8:1--full verse), corruption (Gal 6:7-8), and death (Rom 8:13).

"Walking in the spirit" is evidence of conversion, not the cause of it. We are rewarded for our works, but saved by grace.

Upvote 0

JojoM

Jun 7, 2018
Madrid
✟3,559.00
Country
Saint Pierre And Miquelon
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Genesis 3 - 7. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Genesis 3 - 21. The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

God shed an animal’s blood to cloth Adam and Eve to replace the fig leaves that they made for themselves.

Believers today have to strip themselves of their own righteousness and put on Christ’s righteousness which became available for us when He shed His blood on the cross as the sacrificial lamb.

I think Adam and Eve are saved.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Adam was not deceived 1 Timothy 2:14 why did he partake?

My response: Great verse. All we have is the Scriptural record. Anything more is conjecture. The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to write 1Tim 2:14. Maybe the issue was that she was seduced by satan against God and Adam wasn't? The context around that Scripture you noted, is about not having a woman teach or be in authority over the man, because the original woman was deceived/seduced by satan. Genesis only records that God commanded Adam not to eat of the tree and that Adam blamed God and Eve for his transgression when confronted by God. But, if I was on a suicide mission to die with the love of my life, I wouldn't throw her under the bus.

"Walking in the spirit" is evidence of conversion, not the cause of it. We are rewarded for our works, but saved by grace.

My Response: We are given opportunities by grace. None of us could ever be good enough to earn salvation; but what we do with that gift does matter--for more than simply rewards in heaven. It can be lost, according to Jesus and Paul. According to Jesus' own words, you can cease to abide in the vine, become a withered branch, and be cast into the fire. We aren't born on the vine, we are grafted into Him. Jesus talks about hearing and doing quite often. When one hears His words and does not do them, destruction is what follows. When one hears and does, life follows. Paul echoed the same thing. Walking in the Spirit results in life. Choosing to walk after the lusts of the flesh produces corruption and death. "There is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Someone who isn't born again, doesn't have the Holy Spirit to follow; so this isn't directed to unbelievers. It is possible (and Scripturally correct) that you can lose what you thought you had, if you don't value what you are given by His grace.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Adam and Eve tried to cover their sin with (works) the sewing of fig leaves, God covered their sins by the shed blood from a animal (lamb no doubt).

Yes they received forgiveness and salvation from The Lord.
They reside in Paradise for The New Heaven does not yet exist for us at this present juncture.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Adam and Eve tried to cover their sin with (works) the sewing of fig leaves, God covered their sins by the shed blood from a animal (lamb no doubt).

Yes they received forgiveness and salvation from The Lord.
They reside in Paradise for The New Heaven does not yet exist for us at this present juncture.

They received atonement, not forgiveness.

No one has yet been saved (final judgment).

They are dead, and know nothing. However their spirit essence is in the keeping of God.

Upvote 0