• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

War with China

Hans Blaster

Bald Hill, 1864
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟326,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Should we?

Take 0-hedge seriously? No we shouldn't. If you want to find a way to start a thread about conflict with China find an article from a serious foreign policy or military analyst and site.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,246,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While I don't put any stock in the source....

For the sake of debate, I'll participate.

We should engage only until the point that we can either
A) produce our own semiconductors
B) secure another international partner who can

I don't like the "half-in/half-out" model for globalism.

If we're expected to be the world police then fine, we should get paid for our services, cops don't work for free. If not, then we can't be expected to artificially prop up another country's security unconditionally if there's nothing in it for us, that's the harsh pragmatic reality. (and I would apply that to both Israel and Ukraine...much to the dismay of people on both sides of the political fence)

The harsh cruel reality is, if your country can't stand on it's own two feet and provide for the needs of citizens (and that includes security), perhaps the "less bloody" option is that you be part of someone else's country.

A lot of countries have gotten a sweet ride off of the fact that they can direct their resources to other endeavors (be it education, healthcare, etc...) knowing it's because they can spend a minimal amount on defense because countries who've invested more in defense have their backs. (to only then thumb their nose at the US for not having free college or universal healthcare)

It's one of the few things I agreed with Trump on.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Bald Hill, 1864
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟326,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your answer the rest was unneeded.

Please don't think I have written anything actually about conflict with China in this thread. Only only on the objectionable nature of the 0-hedge site.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I don't put any stock in the source....

For the sake of debate, I'll participate.

We should engage only until the point that we can either
A) produce our own semiconductors
B) secure another international partner who can

I don't like the "half-in/half-out" model for globalism.

If we're expected to be the world police then fine, we should get paid for our services, cops don't work for free. If not, then we can't be expected to artificially prop up another country's security unconditionally if there's nothing in it for us, that's the harsh pragmatic reality. (and I would apply that to both Israel and Ukraine...much to the dismay of people on both sides of the political fence)

The harsh cruel reality is, if your country can't stand on it's own two feet and provide for the needs of citizens (and that includes security), perhaps the "less bloody" option is that you be part of someone else's country.

A lot of countries have gotten a sweet ride off of the fact that they can direct their resources to other endeavors (be it education, healthcare, etc...) knowing it's because they can spend a minimal amount on defense because countries who've invested more in defense have their backs. (to only then thumb their nose at the US for not having free college or universal healthcare)

It's one of the few things I agreed with Trump on.
I agree. I currently have war fatigue. The costs are breaking us: "Take those three conflicts off the table, focus humanity’s efforts on our battle with nature, perhaps throw in some productivity gains due to AI, and you have the makings for an increasingly prosperous world."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟169,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Since we are professional warfighters should we be involved with this if it happens?

Wow, who’s chomping-at-the-bit to go to war with China?
”We better be ready!”
As if outspending every other nation on the planet for decades on the military isn’t already paying dividends!

Who needs “healthcare“ when we have a Navy to outfit!?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, who’s chomping-at-the-bit to go to war with China?
”We better be ready!”
As if outspending every other nation on the planet for decades on the military isn’t already paying dividends!

Who needs “healthcare“ when we have a Navy to outfit!?
Yep, it all started with Bush and here we are.
I read somewhere that China has more subs than we do now. I think we need to fire the FDA because the word isn't getting out that lifestyle change will reverse most diseases we have today, mainly by reducing sugar intake and ultra-processed foods.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was needed more than the yes/ no.
No, it was not, I don't appreciate people telling me what to read and what not to. People don't have to participate. Half the people don't even read what was posted they see the title and come to their ignorant conclusions. The question I proposed was out of curiosity and I agree with what was written. Peace

Upvote 0

Astrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟163,756.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, it was not, I don't appreciate people telling me what to read and what not to. People don't have to participate. Half the people don't even read what was posted they see the title and come to their ignorant conclusions. The question I proposed was out of curiosity and I agree with what was written. Peace
Nobody told you what to read.
And few here appreciate falsehoods,
such as the above references.

No more than we appreciateciate being
encouraged to read garbage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nobody told you what to read.
And few here appreciate falsehoods,
such as the above references.

No more than we appreciateciate being
encouraged to read garbage.
Can you explain what was false?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟321,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A full-on invasion of Taiwan would result in heavy losses for China and the US (if we jumped in). Carriers and troop transports on the bottom of the sea losses. And both sides know it.

I can't see us not defending Taiwan if they ask for it, it has been the deal for decades and they complete the circle of nations we use to keep China in. And it would hurt our reputation internationally with our allies if we don't defend Taiwan.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟51,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A full-on invasion of Taiwan would result in heavy losses for China and the US (if we jumped in). Carriers and troop transports on the bottom of the sea losses. And both sides know it.

I can't see us not defending Taiwan if they ask for it, it has been the deal for decades and they complete the circle of nations we use to keep China in. And it would hurt our reputation internationally with our allies if we don't defend Taiwan.
Unfortunately, I think we'll use them until we re-shore manufacturing then leave them hanging, or maybe not but our tack record isn't very good.. We have too many irons in the fire. Ukraine war I'm totally against it because we have been threatening Russia with NATO for decades now. Sanctions have hurt the world more than Russia. We turned China into a superpower for cheap labor and now we have the arrogance to try to cut off semiconductors from them because they have become powerful. The excuse the government always makes is a national security threat, I'm the government as a national security threat lol. We are an inch away from nuclear war.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟321,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, I think we'll use them until we re-shore manufacturing then leave them hanging, or maybe not but our tack record isn't very good.. We have too many irons in the fire. Ukraine war I'm totally against it because we have been threatening Russia with NATO for decades now. Sanctions have hurt the world more than Russia. We turned China into a superpower for cheap labor and now we have the arrogance to try to cut off semiconductors from them because they have become powerful. The excuse the government always makes is a national security threat, I'm the government as a national security threat lol. We are an inch away from nuclear war.
It depends on who is in office. For Biden, we would defend. For Trump, it would depend on how much he would profit from it.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0