chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We know where Sodom was - on earth:

Gen 13:1 And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.

Gen 13:2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.

Gen 13:3 And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Hai;

Gen 13:4 Unto the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first: and there Abram called on the name of the LORD.

Gen 13:5 And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.

Gen 13:6 And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell together: for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together.

Gen 13:7 And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram's cattle and the herdmen of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.

Gen 13:9 Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.

Gen 13:10 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.

Gen 13:11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.

Gen 13:12 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.

Gen 13:13 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.

Gen 13:14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

Gen 13:15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Gen 13:16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

Gen 13:17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Gen 13:18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

history?

like Napoleon, Caesar, Cleopatra etc.

Given that pictograms likely less than 40,000 years old and proto-writing is less than 8,000 years old, no. But, I didn't say history, I said records. As in, evidence that forms the archeological record.

cataclysms are wiping away civilization

every so often

hence we don't have history…

But we do have records, and nothing in it backs up Carlson's fictive story.

We have evidence of permanent and semi-permanent settlement sites of anatomically modern humans dating back as far 300,000 years ago, along with associated artifacts like tools made of stone, wood and bone.
We have evidence of humans wearing animal furs from ~175,000 years ago.
We have evidence of humans wearing jewellery from ~150,000 years ago.
We have evidence of body adornment of the dead from ~135,000 years ago,

What we don't have is any evidence of civilizations like those that have developed since the end of the last ice age. Or any evidence of the destruction of civilizations like those that have developed since the end of the last ice age.

The development of behavioural modernity among humans is still a point of scholarly contention. There are basically two schools of though.

One is that humans gradually became behaviourally modern over the course of ~200,000 to 250,000 years, with a long sequence of incremental development occurring through the Middle Paleolithic period and accelerating at the onset of the Upper Paleolithic. The other is there was a comparatively rapid onset of behavioural modernity over a period of about 30,000 to 50,000 years, starting somewhere about 125,000 to 70,000 years ago and leading into a major structural change in the Upper Paleolithic.

You want to convince me that there were advanced human civilisations 150,000 years ago, then provide me evidence of such civilisations. How about something other than lithic, wood or animal derived artifacts from the Middle Paleolithic?

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Last edited:
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don’t know

Mars has evidence of nuclear activity…
Even if it does, that Is zero proof that the earth city Sodom was somehow transported to Mars, before being destroyed.

If there were civilizations on Mars, there would be evidence of it. No such evidence exists, the probes, which are still exploring the planet mars have found none.

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
If there were civilizations on Mars, there would be evidence of it. No such evidence exists, the probes, which are still exploring the planet mars have found none.

you are unaware of the evidence…

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Graham Hancock Explains the Mysteries of Atlantis and Göbekli Tepe

1) That's not evidence, that's a series of unsupported claims based on other unsupported claims

2) That doesn't predate the last ice age

3) Hancock is wrong about so many basic things about Gobekli Tepe and the beginning of agriculture, it's hard to know where to start

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

what would evidence be?

Of a 100,000 years plus civilisation?

Settlement sites with constructed buildings - or the ruins of such
Land manipulation. Civilisations leave marks on the land like roads, artificial water channels, levelled sites, stepped sites, mounds, evidence of agricultural planting. Even something as simple as post holes leaves significant evidence
Human remains. Deliberate gravesites are a mark of almost all human civilisations since the Middle Paleolithic.
Fire sites.
Records from rubbish pits
Non lithic tools. Developing an advanced society requires advanced tools. Show me something other than simple tools of stone, wood and bone that predate the Middle Paleolithic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Of a 100,000 years plus civilisation?

Human remains. Deliberate gravesites

Show me something other than simple tools

you will find in Michael Cremo’s book

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

you will find in Michael Cremo’s book

Without a full re-reading, I find plenty of claims of out of place artifacts in Cremo's book(s), but nothing that can actually be verified as complex tools, and nothing that's in the 150,000 year range.

Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hancock is wrong about so many basic things about Gobekli Tepe and the beginning of agriculture, it's hard to know where to start

humanity is older than it seemed

our abilities as well

just as Hancock intuitively thought

Last edited:
Upvote 0