Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,142.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I’m very glad that you’ve lived such a charmed (blessed?) life that nothing riled you up to the point of going out into the streets to protest the goings-on that might have left you with no choice but to take to the streets to voice your displeasure.
I occasionally get a little riled up, but part of my moral code is "do unto others, etc." so I try not to bother innocent people.

Except on CF, where they are perfectly free and able to ignore me.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,142.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You probably would get it if you've seen the Prometheus statue I'm referring to. I guess some folks thinks it's a "Christian Angel" or something, along with the astrological signs that were also floating around the background.

Of course, I have to admit that Cher looked pretty good for the age she is. There was that at least. ^_^

I think you're misunderstanding me and reading too much into what it is you 'think' I'm implying. I fully realize there are a boat load of statues here, there and everywhere that aren't so appropos from a Christian standpoint. I'm not going to do anything about any of that other than flick my tongue at it with the wisdom of a serpent.
I think everyone has seen the Prometheus statue. I think it used to be featured in the opening of Saturday Night Live or David Letterman or something. I have no idea how Cher came into this conversation. I think we are misunderstanding each other, so maybe let's move on.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If that cures the impact of atheism, just wait until the priests find out...
With the massive amounts of sprit I ingest I can attest that it does nothing to counteract atheism, only conifer wilting, but I am drinking diet so perhaps that's what I am doing wrong.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,142.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The proximity of pagans and atheists make Xmas trees wither and wilt. (Don't they?)
That's a really good question. A bit out of left field, but still good. Unfortunately I'm neither a botanist nor a horticulturist, so I don't know the answer. Maybe try the science forum.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think everyone has seen the Prometheus statue. I think it used to be featured in the opening of Saturday Night Live or David Letterman or something. I have no idea how Cher came into this conversation. I think we are misunderstanding each other, so maybe let's move on.

Cher was simply one of the performers toward the end of the Rockefellear Christmas Tree lighting. ... it was all on T.V.

But yeah, we can move on. Christmas will still remain and 'be' whatever it is we want it to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,142.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Cher was simply one of the performers toward the end of the Rockefellear Christmas Tree lighting. ... it was all on T.V.

But yeah, we can move on. Christmas will still remain and 'be' whatever it is we want it to be.
Okay I gotcha. I don't have TV. I didn't know Cher was still alive. I didn't know they had "performers" for a tree lighting. There's probably tons of stuff I don't know.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, this is how “protesting” is done.
Unrelated people and issues are disrupted because of protests (for/against) [ISSUE HERE].
And here we are talking about it.
Protest successfully done!
IMO the modern version of “protesting“ by targeting groups of people not associated with the object of protest in any way is having the opposite effect. It might generate publicity, but it also generates far more anger and hatred for the cause.

There is also a worrying far right undertone in some pro Palestine protests that needs very close scrutiny.

The cause might be worthy but the methods in many cases don’t stack up.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay I gotcha. I don't have TV. I didn't know Cher was still alive. I didn't know they had "performers" for a tree lighting. There's probably tons of stuff I don't know.

Don't worry about it. Just have a Merry Christmas, brother Chesterton! ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0