War News from the Home Front

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The war continues to rage on and on, and seems to be escalating daily. The Republicans have launched what appears to be a surge movement against American Women.

Testimonies of atrocities continue to pour into our news headquarters here at MSNBC (now known as Men Should Never Be in Charge). Just yesterday, Lizzy Rambo, a student at Liberty College in Virginia was denied free birth control from her school, and was forced to risk life and limb, driving an entire 1.3 miles to the nearest Revco. She is now in R&R and is expected to survive.

Meanwhile that Axis of Evil (Men, Republicans and George W. Bush) are doing all they can to persecute women daily. Their newest technological weapon is said to be even more dangerous than bunker buster bombs. It's called an ultra-sound machine. These cruel Republicans and their court stooges are making it more and more difficult for the women of today to kill their unborn chil...., I mean to exercise their right to privacy. Some will be forced, often against their will, to witness the propaganda emanating from these machines, in the form of actual images of their own babi..., I mean incohate masses of cellular tissue, before they can make their PRIVATE decision to off their kids, I mean to terminate the unwanted growth in their extremely private bodies.

For a little cheerier news, we are happy to announce that our side has bestowed upon Sandra Fluke the Gertrude Stein Medal of Honor for bravery above and beyond the call of duty, in recognition of her having called to the attention of the nation how she had suffered the agony of having her law school refuse to pay for her protection, so she could have as much sex as she wants and to which she therefore has a right. Not since Nat Turner was denied food for three weeks by his plantation bossman have we seen such cruelty from the hands of men.

Although this war has yet to produce any physical casualties, the mental damage is incalculable. Saint Fluke alone has probably experienced incurable wounds from having been called a bad word. Words are the main weapon of these tyrants. Can sticks and stones, which can break our women's bones, be far behind?

But let's all honor our returning veterans. Tie a pink ribbon around the old oak tree, and let's welcome our women home from their Planned Parenthood appointment, especially after they have dispensed of their little private problem. If we find that this experience required them to endure the horror of observing a picketer holding a sign outside the clinic, then please do your best to help your comrade dispel these horrid images. Some veterans of this war have been known to experience flashbacks. Case in point: After eleven visits to a local clinic to eliminate eleven unwanted growths in her womb, Nancy Etheridge of Tolenko, Kansas, has been having nightmares for years. We suspect images of picketers or perhaps the countenance of Ralph Reed are what is haunting this bold young warrior, and depriving her of sleep.

We must be brave.

Last edited:

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I get it, it sounds silly when you act like the term "War on Women" is literal.

Well, I mean even if you use the word metaphorically, you'd expect SOME violence to be involved. After all, the word is "war."

If I say that Bob gorged himself on Harry Potter books, it should be obvious that I didn't mean that Bob literally ate massive amounts of those books. But I'd better be able to at least prove he's read a lot of Harry Potter Books if I expect to be taken seriously with that comment.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I mean even if you use the word metaphorically, you'd expect SOME violence to be involved. After all, the word is "war."

If I say that Bob gorged himself on Harry Potter books, it should be obvious that I didn't mean that Bob literally ate massive amounts of those books. But I'd better be able to at least prove he's read a lot of Harry Potter Books if I expect to be taken seriously with that comment.

Mhm Mhm. You're completely right, it's not as though Social Conservatives believe on a spiritual level that women are to be subjugated by men....oh wait, that's exactly how it is? Ah nevermind then, I'd say war fits pretty well. We all know how angry the top of the totem pole gets when things start to change :D

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The attacks on Rosen's statement are hilarious precisely because y'all take what she said way out of context, and ignore any correction in your error.
My aren't we busy tonight? What is this the 15th thread you have posted in a row? Rosen's statement was taken in context which is the problem of her error. The thread I posted takes Rosen's entire comment and disects the empty vitriol for what it was.

Rosen thinks Ann is essentially a worthless member of society and should just keep her mouth shut. . . and Mitt has no business asking Ann her opinion.
/

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
My aren't we busy tonight? What is this the 15th thread you have posted in a row?

It's my day off and I had a lot of subscribed threads to catch up on. There isn't a limit, is there? :p

Rosen's statement was taken in context which is the problem of her error. The thread I posted takes Rosen's entire comment and disects the empty vitriol for what it was.

Well, no, it isn't. People are trying to twist her statement into an attack on Ann Romney, when it wasn't. It was specifically targeting Mitt Romney's statement that she is his "adviser" on women's issues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Was the OP supposed to be funny?

No. It was meant as a recipe for a delicious lemon meringue pie.

wHAt a waist of storage space.

HUH? Storage spaces have anatomies?

Oh, you meant "waste." Sorry. Didn't mean to be a storage space hog with my unfunny OP. I hope I didn't deplete any of your storage space. If so, let me know what you need to store, and I'll pack it away for you.

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

Meanwhile that Axis of Evil (Men, Republicans and George W. Bush) are doing all they can to persecute women daily. Their newest technological weapon is said to be even more dangerous than bunker buster bombs. It's called an ultra-sound machine. These cruel Republicans and their court stooges are making it more and more difficult for the women of today to kill their unborn chil...., I mean to exercise their right to privacy. Some will be forced, often against their will, to witness the propaganda emanating from these machines, in the form of actual images of their own babi..., I mean incohate masses of cellular tissue, before they can make their PRIVATE decision to off their kids, I mean to terminate the unwanted growth in their extremely private bodies.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to have an ultrasound probe inserted up your anus against your will.

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You wouldn't be saying that if you had to have an ultrasound probe inserted up your anus against your will.

Well, I'm not so sure. If I had a child, my own flesh and blood residing in my anus (nothing dirty here, MODS; just a hypothetical alternate physiological universe to answer the gentleman's question), and I wanted to kill the child instead of trying to save him, if some instrument could enlighten me as to his or her condition within my anus, said instrument being smaller and therefore less "intrusive" than that which about 10% of men allow for pleasure, I think I might allow it. Besides, people also allow enemas into that area to eliminate feces, and SURELY my own child, even if I did pay someone to kill him or her, is worth more than my own feces.

Upvote 0