Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

“May the attacks and weaponry cease. Please!" said an emotional Pope Francis a day after conflict exploded in Israel. "Let it be understood that terrorism and war do not lead to any resolutions ..."​

Pope Francis made an emotional plea for an end to the conflict that erupted yesterday between Gaza and Israel.

He spoke of the situation after praying the midday Angelus with those in St. Peter’s Square on Sunday, October 8:

I am following apprehensively and sorrowfully what is happening in Israel where the violence has exploded even more ferociously, causing hundreds of deaths and casualties. I express my closeness to the families and victims. I am praying for them and for all who are living hours of terror and anguish. May the attacks and weaponry cease. Please!
As of Sunday early afternoon local time, at least 450 people had been killed. The Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza reported on Sunday morning that 313 Palestinians were killed and 1,990 injured. More than 24 hours after initial attack, Hamas still had fired a rocket into Israel. Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was speaking of a “long and difficult war” to come.

The Pope’s plea was for peace.

Continued below.

Reactions: PloverWing

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pope Francis and the Latin patriarch of Jerusalem have responded to the sudden outbreak of conflict in Israel and Palestine over the weekend.

The Pope said at the end of a public address on Sunday he is following the violence “with apprehension and sorrow” and issued an appeal to “please stop weapons attacks!”

Continued below.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This was coming, as the government of Israel has mistreated Palestinians since 1947.

Yes, the Israel has a right to exist, and Hamas should recognize that fact.

At the same time, for the past 40 years, the Israeli government has been destroying
Palestinian homes, especially on the West Bank, to make room for Israeli settlements,
mostly inhabited by Jews from Europe and the USA.

The anger created just keeps being fed by the Israeli government. Christians
themselves living in the Holy Land are also persecuted by the Israeli government
and Muslim Palestinians.

Will it ever end? Not until Christ comes.

Upvote 0