Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
please pray for this. I want to invite my friend CJ to church Sunday morning. I’m nervous as I’ve nevet invited a non Christian to church before. Asking for courage on my part but also asking for the Holy Spirit to work on his heart and to accept to come with me.

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Just let if flow naturally. You care about this guy and genuinely want to see him have the love of Jesus in his heart as you do. You want him accepted by the church and cared for.

So just know there's nothing "wrong" in inviting him, because you genuinely want good things for him.

Be brave. You won't regret it. Prayers your way, God bless.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I tried this with a friend twice. It really isn't hard. Both times he simply gave me a never ending list of responsibilities he had as the reason he couldn't. I knew it was just excuses, really, because none of those things were at the time of the service. But I let it go. I haven't asked the last two years because I suspect I'll get the same response. I'm letting God work on his heart more, first, and praying for him privately all the time. And then, maybe someday my friend will ask me!

So go ahead and try. If he says yes, that's great! If he gives excuses or just said no, don't push him. Leave it up to God.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prayed for you to be filled with the Holy Spirit as you yield to Him. He is the one who gives you boldness & love. Prayed for God to prepare his heart & be moved to go by the Spirit. Prayed he might see the love of Christ in the believers there & feel accepted.

2 Cor 2:14,15 But thanks be to God, who always leads us triumphantly as captives in Christ & through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. For we are to God the sweet aroma of Christ among those who are being saved & those who are perishing...

2 Pet 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

When he comes, be sure to explain anything in the service that he might not be aware of, such as communion or any specific format that the service may have. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless sk8brdkd and this prayer. Let sk8brdkd's leave , and sk8brdkd have the courage and invite CJ to church. Let CJ accept the invitation and attend the Church and have fellowship and hear your word . Lord bless this prayer, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

Upvote 0