Tacoma
✟8,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Such great, encouraging replies here! I'm so glad that you are wanting to return to the Lord. He has never left you, so don't believe that lie of the enemy. Your salvation is not something you earned, so you are NOT "doomed to hell" because you stopped going to church. The Holy Spirit, in His gentle yet steadfast way, has been holding onto you and calling you back into fellowship.

There are so many great churches out there. You don't need to go back to Pentecostal just because that's where you were raised. I was raised Presbyterian and went to church til age 10, then our whole family fell away, and I didn't come back to Christ until age 26. Now I attend a non-denominational church that solidly teaches the Word and is brimming over with warm, friendly people. Don't give up until you find one like that. Do your part to get involved so you CAN meet people: volunteer to serve, get in a small group or Bible study, teach children's classes, etc.

I found that at our old church (a mega-church of 14,000), there was no way for me to tell who was new there and who had been attending for ages, like me. So new people felt lost in the crowd and didn't meet others unless they got involved. If you're nervous about going by yourself, invite a friend or family member to join you. Once you go one time, it'll be easier to go back, even if it's by yourself. Go to the information desk and start asking questions about how you can get connected.

In the meantime, until you've developed a supportive community of fellow believers, read the Word, listen to podcasts by Christian ministries, read inspiring books about how others came to Christ, etc. Check out I Am Second (iamsecond.com) and the Focus on the Family website for encouraging broadcasts, books, articles, and magazines.

Once your husband sees how vibrant your life is and how Jesus is being reflected in your actions and attitudes, he'll be drawn to church. Start praying now for the Lord to change his heart. Don't preach to him, just BE Jesus to him. God bless you.

Upvote 0