Unless the Lord leads
Dec 7, 2004
Helsinki
Visit site
✟15,847.00
Faith
Christian
I suppose this site teaches easy html?: http://www.lissaexplains.com/
Looks like a decent place to start assuming you don't currently know anything about html and web pages.
Frontpage would be a relatively easy way to make pages but you could also start with a plain text editor.

Upvote 0

Lenora56

Veteran
May 25, 2005
Louisiana
Visit site
✟1,972.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also you could download the free NVU and get started with it. You don't have to know coding to use it. i don't know the address but a Google search should bring it up.

That link that Dicy mind posted is helpful also, because you can use coding in NVU even though it is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

Some hosts will give you free sitebuilders, where you just make changes to a prebuilt site. It's pretty easy.

Upvote 0

cyberfugue

Contributor
Jul 10, 2005
Richmond, Virginia
Visit site
✟15,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tamara, I'll be glad to help however I can or answer any questions you may have. I've been a web developer for 10 years. I'd suggest you start with learning the basic HTML tags, in addition to using Dreamweaver or FrontPage. Knowing the tags gives you more control over the content.

A good site is the Bare Bones guide to HTML. I can't post a link yet (not enough comments), but search for the words 'bare bones html' on Google and you'll see it.

Upvote 0

superfly

Jan 8, 2005
✟8,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tamara77777 said:
Anyone have any suggestions how I can get started? Should I use Front page, or ??? I hope that this is acceptable to ask? Thanks
Tamara77777 praisingonpiano
okay, i use linux, so i don't know much about the latest versions of fp or dreamweaver, but i do know that wysiwyg editors like those are horrible... used them in the past...
i personally use quanta+, it's a very powerful editor that edits the html directly. i'm writing an html editor at the moment for windows, called ringhtml. it's a code editor, but has a couple of wizards for generating html... it's also got a relatively handy editor that is based on quanta's editor. download it at http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/ringhtml3.php.

then you need to make sure you have firefox installed. get it at www.mozilla.org. and then go to mozilla update and download the web developer toolbar and the HTML validator (based on tidy) extensions for firefox.

put w3schools in your bookmarks, that's a great resource for references for html and css.

then check out all the designs at open source web design, and look at their code.

lastly, stick to standards! xhtml 1.0 at least, with css 2.0. don't use tables for layout. make full use of css to separate your design from your content.
(for more information, get an article that i wrote for a talk i gave to the internet society of south africa)

and feel welcome to bug me for further questions.

Upvote 0