North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of my favorite studies is the Temple that was in use while our Lord was here. The temple stood on Mount Zion so your approach to it was an ascent. This was to make the worshipper about God’s Holiness. But the real interesting part of this approach were the stone steps the worshipper ascended on. The steps were set with a wide step and then a narrow step causing the worshipper to consider his every step of approach to the Living Holy God he was approaching. In many cases this preparing to meet with our Husband has been replaced by what we call fellowship. We come into God’s presence with little to no thought of Him and who He is.

After the service there were exit doors in the back of the temple that was utilized to empty the temple but again it was meant to reinforce the lesson that after you have come to the .Lord you walk is meant to be changed. We may enter boldly but He still is the living God so we come to Him with awe and reverence.thank you God bless. Do you have a time of preparation? What do you normally do?

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But the real interesting part of this approach were the stone steps the worshipper ascended on. The steps were set with a wide step and then a narrow step causing the worshipper to consider his every step of approach to the Living Holy God he was approaching

That's fascinating. I have never heard that. Thank you.

I do prepare with prayer and scripture.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of my favorite studies is the Temple that was in use while our Lord was here. The temple stood on Mount Zion so your approach to it was an ascent. This was to make the worshipper about God’s Holiness. But the real interesting part of this approach were the stone steps the worshipper ascended on. The steps were set with a wide step and then a narrow step causing the worshipper to consider his every step of approach to the Living Holy God he was approaching. In many cases this preparing to meet with our Husband has been replaced by what we call fellowship. We come into God’s presence with little to no thought of Him and who He is.

After the service there were exit doors in the back of the temple that was utilized to empty the temple but again it was meant to reinforce the lesson that after you have come to the .Lord you walk is meant to be changed. We may enter boldly but He still is the living God so we come to Him with awe and reverence.thank you God bless. Do you have a time of preparation? What do you normally do?
I drove a rental car to the top of the Mt of Olives and got out to look down on the Temple Mount. I parked in the parking garage near the Joppa Gate and walked to the Wailing Wall and looked up. I wanted to walk around the top of the Temple Mount. An Israeli armed guard prevented me from entering the Islamic area after I answered I was not Muslim.

Jesus visited a Samaritan woman near Mt. Gerazim where the Samaritans had a temple and celebrated their Passover’s. Jesus taught that people would not worship God in a single place, but in spirit and truth.

John 4 (WEB)
19 The woman said to him, “Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship.”

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, will you worship the Father. 22 You worship that which you don’t know. We worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews. 23 But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be his worshipers. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

I prayed when I wanted suggestions for things to do or read as I am retired.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I drove a rental car to the top of the Mt of Olives and got out to look down on the Temple Mount. I parked in the parking garage near the Joppa Gate and walked to the Wailing Wall and looked up. I wanted to walk around the top of the Temple Mount. An Israeli armed guard prevented me from entering the Islamic area after I answered I was not Muslim.

Jesus visited a Samaritan woman near Mt. Gerazim where the Samaritans had a temple and celebrated their Passover’s. Jesus taught that people would not worship God in a single place, but in spirit and truth.

John 4 (WEB)
19 The woman said to him, “Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where people ought to worship.”

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, will you worship the Father. 22 You worship that which you don’t know. We worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews. 23 But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to be his worshipers. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

I prayed when I wanted suggestions for things to do or read as I am retired.
I did a search and the Samaritan temple was destroyed in the second century BC. I have seen photos from the 19th or 20th century of Samaritans with Passover lambs on spits on Mt. Gerazim. There are Samaritans in Israel to this day.

Upvote 0