United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
bride2-3.jpg

Awesome.........Many believes who have not received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, need to grow their faith and recieve this vital annointing. It's there for the asking. Dont fret, God promised it to all flesh Act 2:17

It is the power to abide in Him and Him in you. This annointing is the oil that covers your sinful nature in the presence of God.
Your God made a covenant to dwell in the least to the greatest, and that no man will teach you.Hbr 8:11

With this annointing, your walk in the spirit is not like an occasional swim in the pool.

The genuine efforts of a mans to serve God, is by his understanding of His mind.
Rom 8:9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

"To walk in the spirit" means "to live in the spirit."
This is where the Kingdom of the earth becomes the Kingdom of our God.
This is where Jesus is on the throne and highly lifted up.
This is where He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
This is where He is Mediator and Our High Priest.
This is where He is our Redeemer .
This is where He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother

So, come on in, let's go for a walk in the spirit.:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim1

Jan 13, 2002
Visit site
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
i believe that we do that by doing our best to obey God's Word on a daily basis. it is all over the Bible as to how to do that. Ps. 119 says "order my steps in your Word so that i do not fall into evil", in the Lord's prayer it says lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, and so on. i believe that is how we walk in the spirit. it is not mystical but practical. when we forgive, when we pray for our enemies, when we share what we have with others, that is walking in the spirit, so we won't do the opposite, which is doing whatever our flesh wants to do instead.
bithiah2:groupray:

I think that if I'm relying on Christ's indwelling Spirit to enable me to do what is right, then I am walking by the Spirit, and that if I'm relying on my own will power to enable me to do what is right, then I am walking by the flesh. When I know that it's Him, then it's Him, and I'm walking by the Spirit, and when I know that it's me, then it's me, and I'm walking by the flesh. I think that it boils down to the object of my reliance. Judaism is self reliance. Christianity is Christ reliance. Judaism (Romans 7) is me, me, me. Look what I am doing to make me a good person. Christianity (Romans 8) is Him, Him, Him. Look what He is doing to make me a good person. I think that the offense of the cross is the humiliation of Christianity. Christianity is for losers, which is humiliating. "I cannot do it" is humiliating. But out of that humilation comes freedom: "He is doing it in me (as long as I rely on Him to do it)." In Alcoholics Anonymous, freedom from drinking is the result of relying on a Higher Power to enable the drinker to do what he cannot otherwise do, which is not to drink. Thus, AA is basically Christianity (walking by the Spirit) in action.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that if I'm relying on Christ's indwelling Spirit to enable me to do what is right, then I am walking by the Spirit, and that if I'm relying on my own will power to enable me to do what is right, then I am walking by the flesh. When I know that it's Him, then it's Him, and I'm walking by the Spirit, and when I know that it's me, then it's me, and I'm walking by the flesh. I think that it boils down to the object of my reliance. Judaism is self reliance. Christianity is Christ reliance. Judaism (Romans 7) is me, me, me. Look what I am doing to make me a good person. Christianity (Romans 8) is Him, Him, Him. Look what He is doing to make me a good person. I think that the offense of the cross is the humiliation of Christianity. Christianity is for losers, which is humiliating. "I cannot do it" is humiliating. But out of that humilation comes freedom: "He is doing it in me (as long as I rely on Him to do it)." In Alcoholics Anonymous, freedom from drinking is the result of relying on a Higher Power to enable the drinker to do what he cannot otherwise do, which is not to drink. Thus, AA is basically Christianity (walking by the Spirit) in action.
Bravo, good word brother

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Do you do what HaShem would have you do?

cyberlizard hasn't posted here in a long time ... but I know him and he's one of the most devout I know ... I will testify to his character being upright ...

... however, I feel that's a loaded question

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jim1

Jan 13, 2002
Visit site
✟528.00
Faith
Christian
In Romans 8:5, Paul seems to be making the argument that all believers are those who "walk after the spirit" while all unbelievers "walk after the flesh." --Greg Kittredge

Romans 7 does appear to describe what happens in Judaism, people trying to make themself good through the law, and Romans 8 does appear to describe Christianity, people allowing God to make them good by relying on Christ and on his indwelling Spirit. Generally speaking, people in Judaism do walk by the flesh (self-reliance), and Christians do walk by the Spirit (Christ-reliance).

However, in Galatians 5, Paul is talking to Christians (Christ-reliance) who are falling from grace into Judaism (self-reliance), and he says to them that if we live by the Spirit (and we do), then by the Spirit we must walk. These Christians to whom he was speaking were not walking by the Spirit, even though they had the Spirit.

He says that in Christians, there is tension between the desire of the flesh (human desire) and the desire of the Spirit (Spirit desire). Both are present. It isn't until either physical death or physical resurrection that this tension ends. The point is that it us not just us and our will power (week as it is) against the impulses of the flesh. We have this other power in us (the Spirit), which, if we walk by it, will enable us not to do the desire of the flesh.

As long as we walk by the Spirit, we do not walk by the flesh; and even though the influence of the flesh never disappears (until death or resurrection), the Spirit gives us freedom from having to obey that influence. Paul uses a double negative subjective verb to say that if we walk by the Spirit, then we most certainly will not do the desire of the flesh.

In general, all Christians walk by the Spirit. But walking by the Spirit in order to be free from the flesh in the details of our behavior is something that we learn to do over time. Some learn faster how to walk than others. Some can only walk, and some can run. We are all at different stages and maturity levels in our reliance on Christ.

One thing is certain: If it were not for Christ, we would be helplessly enslaved to the desires of our flesh. But thanks to the indwelling Spirit of Christ, we are not slaves of our flesh. To the degree that we rely on Christ's indwelling Spirit to free us from the influence of our flesh, to that degree we are free from slavery to our flesh in the details of our behavior.

He is the good One. We are the bad one. We must rely on the good One to enable us to be good. Good can only come from the good One. Good cannot come from the bad one. That is why we must walk by the Spirit (the good One) in order to do what is good.

Upvote 0

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟21,834.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Some people are around only to cause trouble. What we call ourselves is irrelevant. We belong to Christ, as do all who worship Christ as the risen Lord.

JoReba, you seem very intent on discrediting Pentecostals. One thread has already been shut down because of it. I have told you that I have experienced most of the events of Pentecost. If you have a problem with our beliefs, why are you on this board?

I have been told by Jesus to wait in prayer for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. I waited, and I received. I have heard many people speaking in tongues, with someone recognizing the speech as their native language. I have seen instant healings, miracles, and heard (and spoken) prophecy. I have spoken to people who have experienced both the "mighty wind" and the tongues of fire, though I haven't personally.

You said:

If a person calls themself a "Pentecostal" but does none of the specific things which occurred in The Day of pentecost in Acts 2:1-47, are they telling the truth about themselves, or not?

I would counter that with another question: If someone claims to be Christian, but then goes out of their way to create dissension among believers, are they truly Christian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I'll add my two cents. Frankly, I'm saddened. This thread and the fruits of the Spirit thread have been ongoing threads for three years ... polite respectful posting with tolerance and allowance of everyone to put their belief and experience that all may grow. The views are high on these two threads. The beauty in them is they let all speak and the holy Spirit guide them. I don't see the good fruit in destroying both threads (that were never ever intended for debate) just so one person can have their say at the expense of all others including the good fruit of the threads. This is not the place to demand this and that. The actual going from post to post without strife is, itself, an example of walking in the Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Builder_Bob

Jul 24, 2008
✟521.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is awesome. Many believers who think they have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit need to grow in their faith. Did you know that nobody can actually claim to be "anointed" according to any "promise" in Acts 2:17, bacause Acts 2:17 does not say anything about believers being "anointed?" Spiritual growth can only occur when the Scripture is accurately understood for what it says, rather than "chatted about!!" regarding what some people WANT it to mean. Lol.

If a person calls themself a "Pentecostal" but does none of the specific things which occurred in The Day of pentecost in Acts 2:1-47, are they telling the truth about themselves, or not? Nobody today, regardless of how excited they act, ever is part of a group who ALL are speaking known languages to a lot of foreigners present, as is specifically shown on The Day of Pentecost. Today, there is no "mighty rushing wind," and there are no "cloven tongues of fire resting on each person." Jesus has commanded nobody today to wait for the Holy Spirit.

Remember, if one likes to think they follow the Scripture in Corinthians about tongues, then they should be calling themselves "Corinthians," not "Pentecostals." Lol.

Should believers worship God in Truth, or according to humanly contrived ideas?

Read acts 2:8 KJV the active words concerning tongues is, tongues in which we were born. Now unless you were speaking english the first day you were born into this world it's not a language you were born with but one you've learned there after. You miss read scripture. If I was born speaking english I would have asked the doctor not to smack my behind while being turned up side down. Go back to the creation of man you will find we were made in God's image,and if we have a mouth and a tongue, so the God the holy Ghost has a mouth and a language too. How would you feel if I were to tell you that I believe in you but you don't have a mouth or a tongue?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, it is awesome. Many believers who think they have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit need to grow in their faith. Did you know that nobody can actually claim to be "anointed" according to any "promise" in Acts 2:17, bacause Acts 2:17 does not say anything about believers being "anointed?" Spiritual growth can only occur when the Scripture is accurately understood for what it says, rather than "chatted about!!" regarding what some people WANT it to mean. Lol.
The scriptures teaches clearly, that it's God's will that we be filled with the Spirit. Your counsel is contrary to understanding of the gospel.
5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord [is].
Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
If a person calls themself a "Pentecostal" but does none of the specific things which occurred in The Day of pentecost in Acts 2:1-47, are they telling the truth about themselves, or not? Nobody today, regardless of how excited they act, ever is part of a group who ALL are speaking known languages to a lot of foreigners present, as is specifically shown on The Day of Pentecost. Today, there is no "mighty rushing wind," and there are no "cloven tongues of fire resting on each person." Jesus has commanded nobody today to wait for the Holy Spirit.
What happened on Pentecost was the arrival of the Holy Spirit whom Jesus told His apostles to wait for. What happened on that day cannot be repeated unless God puts the genie back in the bottle, so to speak.
The Holy Spirit came to stay until Jesus comes back in the flesh.
From that day, believers are told to "be filled with the spirit." or asked "have you recieved the Spirit?"
Pentecostals brings awareness to the despensation of the Holy Spirit and Pentecostals live in awareness of the presence of "God the Holy Spirit."

Remember, if one likes to think they follow the Scripture in Corinthians about tongues, then they should be calling themselves "Corinthians," not "Pentecostals." Lol.

Should believers worship God in Truth, or according to humanly contrived ideas?
Respectfully, your counsel is questionable at best.
Why dont you open a thread in General Theology where teachings and ideas are welcomed and debated?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eyeoftzion

May 28, 2006
✟7,850.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I would like to point out something to the young christians about walking in the Spirit. A lot of times you will hear things about "long suffering", "dying to the flesh", and so on; in order to walk in the Spirit. This can sometimes come across as a look but, don't touch; smell but, don't taste sort of gospel. GOD has always wanted us to have the fullness of both the spiritual and the fleshly that this life has to offer. It is therefore, look and, here is how to touch; smell and, here is how to taste.
The "long suffering" and "dying to ones' flesh" is only necesary because the world trys to enforce itself on us.

Upvote 0