Alabama
✟7,730.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is my testimony, I was single for all of my teens years into my early 20s. I literally prayed for five years for my future husband. I cried, prayed, wrote down my prayers, waited, cried some more. Then one day I realized singleness is a gift, not a curse! Waiting is a pain, I know I was the odd chick out in high school when everyone around me at church and in school where in a relationship.
But I have no regrets, God has a sense of humor. Me and my future husband met on this ungodly app called whisper. It was so funny how God moved his hands to put us together. I didn't really know anything about the app, and he was on there about 3 days earlier then I had logged into it. I put up what I call "the add" I wrote are there any good Christian men who just want you for you, and not just to have sex?!? He replied with, "I could say the same about girls, where are all the good christen girls who don't want to just have friends with benefits." We started talking, went out on my first, and last date with this man. He is my first kiss, my first holding hands, my first snuggle bunny. He is exactly who God molded him to complement me.

If you are in a relationship and that person doesn't lift you up, pray for you, encourage you to constantly keep your eyes on Jesus even in times of trials. I would revaluate your significant other.
He has gotten on my nerves, and I have gotten on his. BUT we talk about everything, have the same goals, the same vision in Christ, the same morals, and are like minded in Christ. I went through a lot of online singles websites and met nothing but frogs. But now I have my Prince, secant to Jesus that is!

Don't lose hope, Keep waiting, keep serving Jesus, keep pushing through in your season of singleness if you are. Don't jump into a mistake, But don't close yourself off to what God has for you because of past hurts. Jesus IS my Match maker, he can be EVEN more for you.

(Jeremiah 29:11)

B

Brandon25

Awesome Post Jess! I definitely agree, because God has definitely shown his faithfulness in my life by giving me the woman of my dreams! She met EVERYTHING on my list (my list was realistic but I didn't compromise)! SO I definitely support anyone who is single and is struggling with this issue of companionship/finding soul mate.. Just keep on serving Jesus, and at the perfect time God will bless you with that special someone. However, I do suggest in your time of singleness that you surround yourself with Godly counsel and grow in Christ!

Upvote 0