Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I propose that you who have the Pentecostal icon ratify a rule that ONLY those having such icon be able to vote in this sub forum for any reason. I also propose the following voting specific rules.

1. Only those displaying the Pentecostal icon, with at least 100 posts, may vote, to keep the counting simple, and protect against new accounts being made just for voting.
2. Voting on an issue will be for5 daysfrom the opening of the voting thread, at the end of which, all votes for rightful voters will be counted and displayed.
3. If the voting thread goes dead for two days, with no valid votes, before 5 days is reached, the votes will be counted then.
4. Once a vote is counted and the count posted, the thread will be closed by the Pentecostal moderators, and all action in correspondence with the decision made by the people will be immediately carried out by the moderators.
5. Moderators may not vote when the subject of a vote is themselves.

If you agree to these rules for voting, signify by posting "yes."

*If these voting rules are unacceptable to you, then vote "no," and propose your own rules for other to vote on. Until this particular subject is ratified, the forum is open in regard to voting, which if you wait too long could mean others coming in and skewing the vote, who are not Pentecostal.

In your service,

David

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Unless you have an objection David, I'll add your voting rules onto what I have, they are a good addition for this sub-forum.

I'm just here in a serving capacity - so anything I suggest is open for any to use here as you find useful.

I've mostly been trying to act on this forum rule junk to help you guys get the ball rolling and motivate getting things done quicker, for your good - before trouble finds its way in here. It is not something I like doing, but something I saw needed people to step up and organize to get done.

Thank you for stepping up for your forum, Dave!

Upvote 0
D

Dave01

I'm just here in a serving capacity - so anything I suggest is open for any to use here as you find useful.

I've mostly been trying to act on this forum rule junk to help you guys get the ball rolling and motivate getting things done quicker, for your good - before trouble finds its way in here. It is not something I like doing, but something I saw needed people to step up and organize to get done.

Thank you for stepping up for your forum, Dave!

Thanks for the input David. I know you are in disagreement with me over the icon issue, but it really is not just about me in that endeavor.

For instance, there are thousands of hate websites against Pentecostal/Charismatic leaders, and without restrictions to who can post here, this sub-forum will experience what the general forum will and have experienced already. That is just one example.

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for the input David. I know you are in disagreement with me over the icon issue, but it really is not just about me in that endeavor.

For instance, there are thousands of hate websites against Pentecostal/Charismatic leaders, and without restrictions to who can post here, this sub-forum will experience what the general forum will and have experienced already. That is just one example.

I understand the need to guard against trouble makers who put us down for our belief and practice of the things of the Spirit. But, the icon rule is unnecessary and flawed.

1. As Flaglady and Probinson stated, this forum NEVER BEFORE had such a rule, though the WoF went to such in the past (but no longer per new CF changes), because this forum NEVER BEFORE needed such a rule.
2. A true trouble maker can always start an account and put up the Pentecostal icon. An icon rule will not stop a true trouble maker.
3. We can deal with the true trouble makers with a rule set for dealing with such, without the need of an icon restriction for posting.
4. Icon restriction goes against Erwin's stage 1 culture change for his CF forum. We must stop wasting time over this and move on to align with the new CF culture change, and make the rule set based on that.
5. You can restrict who posts for discussion/debate/teaching in here without needing an icon restriction. All you need to do is establish a good definition of "Pentecostal," and those who post must agree that they are "Pentecostal" to post other than fellowship and questions. I'm in favor of such and would help you get the ball rolling on it, when you are done fighting for the icon restriction.
6. If an icon restriction did exist, it would bar true Pentecostals, like myself and others, who are not here to put you or your Pentecostal beliefs down, but rather to encourage each other in them. It is silly to bar many good posters over a few bad ones, when we can just deal with the bad ones when they come in.
7. If an icon restriction is passed in here violating the new CF culture rules, it will be reported to Erwin and staff, and I will not in the least be concerned about continuing to post in here freely without retribution, since I am a Pentecostal by belief and practice, and will not allow, based on the new culture guideline that gives me this right, you or anyone else tell me I'm not, over some icon.

Thanks for your help in getting the ball going on the other issues.

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is beginning to get old David. If you are worried about what is going on in our Pentecostal sub-forum, then change your icon, Erwin has giving you the ability to do so, elsewise I'm not entertaing your opinion over this anymore.

I was thinking the same thing - it is getting old.

I'm not changing my icon. I'm a Pentecostal by belief and practice leading an assembled group of people with no official denominational ties (which makes me also ND) and that is sufficient. Being ND and Pentecostal is not a contradiction. There are many ND Pentecostal assemblies. In the other thread I've given you one good example, the last assembly I ministered at under other pastors.

There is no rule in here for an icon to be required for posting. You are taking authority you do not have over me, by commanding me as you have. Per the old rules, I'm on the Master List and cleared by mods to post. Per the new CF changes, no icon rule for posting can restrict anyway, if a new one is proposed.

But, for now, I agree that you and I should give it a rest. I've requested the current mod and staff intervene here, since you will not accept the new culture change at CF.

I hope we work this out soon! :)

David

Upvote 0

DavidPresently

Jun 29, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟16,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You may have not checked David, but the master list was removed a couple days ago by the admin types.

That is because the old rules are no longer valid, as the CF culture change by Erwin is to make the whole forum, this section included, more open.

Right now, there are no ratified rules in place, which is why I was trying to help you guys get the ball rolling, and just get some simple, cut and dry rules in place ASAP. It seems, that it was not meant to be though. Currently, until this section has its rules ratified, that go with the culture change per Erwin, it is open to all, completely.

All other sub forums I've been to are experiencing the same thing, though some are further ahead in getting organized. It also helps those that they have more active members, as this is one of the least active sections on CF, which also makes me wonder why you guys want it more closed even than it was before - well, maybe I should state "you guys," but just a few such as yourself who have mentioned wanting to exclude even more people than before with the icon rule.

Ironically, the WoF folk haven't said a word to me about the suggestions I've given there. You so far are the only one having the icon hang up, as everyone else I know of who read it, including the WoF section, understood and is in alignment with it (other than those who left, which I've seen a few leave over this issue, and post to try to take more with them).

Our ND section is in favor of great openness, which just shows a difference in thinking concerning the Body of Messiah - which makes sense that ND people are less sectarian in their thinking, which is usually why we and our assemblies choose to be ND, but sometimes cooperate for missions and such.

I hope it works out well for you guys here,

David

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Only one thing about the voting:

I don't think it should be only Pentecostal. The only reason I say this is b/c I am ND Pentecostal. I think a great way for voting is using the Master list that was created once before. Pentecostals as well as the people on the list should be able to vote. They could keep the list up as a sticky and the pentecostals as well as the people on the master list should be able to vote. But by putting their name on the list it could be them saying they respect the pentecostal beliefs if not, I hope they come out with a way to give us two icon ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.