Vote your conscience this election. Use what the Holy Spirit has taught you.

Who will you Vote for?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Gary Johnson

• Jill Stein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• None

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Odem

Kohen-Melekh
Aug 23, 2016
HaAdamah
✟15,286.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Every four years in America, the Presidential races sink to new lows. I would say that this year is no different, but we are really scraping THROUGH the bottom of the barrel this time! America was founded on the basic principle of "Live and Let Live", as outlined in the Bill of Rights; Free speech, freedom to arm yourself to the teeth, freedom to assemble and tell the gov't to shove it, and most importantly freedom to believe whatever you choose to believe. Those are the freedoms that we stand to lose if we collectively make the wrong choice again.

Jesus was very much a "Live and Let Live" advocate. He taught that salvation is through Him, but He never encouraged anyone to write any form of religion into Domestic Policy. If you don't believe me, just read about the harlot that He protected, when the Pharisees tried to stone her for adultery.

So what do I see this election season?

1) I see an advocate for a Nanny State sized government, who will raise taxes, devalue the spending power of the dollar with universal wage hikes, and take away our right to defend ourselves from political tyrants by taking away our guns. I don't care about Hillary Clinton's email scandal. Her ideologies are damning enough.

2) I see an arrogant man with a fowl mouth and no respect for humanity, who makes promises of which he would have no legal authority to fulfill, if elected. Under Trump, we will see more dead-end wars against "terrorist" that have been armed and supported via our own tax dollars. We will see random Unconstitutional "stop and frisk" weapon checkpoints, an illegal wall that will document every American who crosses the border. And sadly we will see a government that encourages the police to treat citizens like potential jihadists....lone wolf extremists....drug runners.

As a believer in Christ, I cannot justify voting for Hillary or Trump. Personally I will be voting for Gary Johnson. He's not perfect, but neither is he foaming at the mouth like the other two rabid dogs.

My hopes are that Gary Johnson (if elected) would work to:

1) Reform Taxes to a flat rate consumption tax that every consumer will pay according to their consumption patterns. No more taxation of income.

2) End the Unconstitutional War on Drugs that created a crime filled black market that funds terrorists and gangs domestically and abroad. It has also contributed to the militarization of our Local Police, who often treat us like second class citizens.

3) End our involvement in Pseudo/Proxy Wars like Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria...What is Aleppo? Its none of our business, and it would not have happened if Bush had gone after the Real Enemy...Saudi Arabia! Saudi Arabia is the source of modern Islamic Terrorism.

4) End the government's infringement on our right to privacy (NSA spying) and on our right to bear arms (no registration, no profiling).

5) End the government's infringement on free trade and commercial enterprise as it has done with Medicare, Medicaid, Obama Care, FDA, DEA, EPA, etc.

6) Abolish the Federal Government's stronghold on the education system.

7) Open doorways for immigrants to work legitimately as contributors to society and economy, rather than trying to keep them out like vermin. God reminded Israel that they were once strangers in a strange land. The same goes for America. If you are an American, chances are your ancestors were immigrants.

8) Uphold and maintain the separation of Church and State. Not all Americans are Christians, nor should Christian morals be forced upon Americans, especially not by legislation. Chances are, no two Christians agree 100% on what Christian Morals really are. So why not just live your own life as unto the Lord if you choose, and leave other people to themselves.

Use 1John 1:9 like breathing. Study the Word under your God appointed Pastor-Teacher. Ask God (in Christ's name) who you should vote for and why.

If the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains, surely the prayers and votes of a handful of faithful believers can influence a simple election.

Vote from your soul, not from your emotions as the world would have you do.

Your opinions? Comments? Advise? Trolling? Be sure to cast your vote in the poll I set up.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jazzflower92

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will likely vote for Trump. I was considering voting for Johnson, but I concluded that as he has no shot whatsoever at winning, and I most certainly do not want Hillery in the white house that I will most likely vote for Trump; though as I have yet to cast my ballot I may change my mind and vote for Johnson, but it will most likely be Trump.

Upvote 0

Odem

Kohen-Melekh
Aug 23, 2016
HaAdamah
✟15,286.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I will likely vote for Trump. I was considering voting for Johnson, but I concluded that as he has no shot whatsoever at winning, and I most certainly do not want Hillery in the white house that I will most likely vote for Trump; though as I have yet to cast my ballot I may change my mind and vote for Johnson, but it will most likely be Trump.

Personally, I think Trump has the same as potential Hillary to become a tyrant. Vote as you think best, but remember, if as long as we continue to vote with the herd, things will never change. Vote from your soul and let God handle the rest.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Personally, I think Trump has the same as potential Hillary to become a tyrant. Vote as you think best, but remember, if as long as we continue to vote with the herd, things will never change. Vote from your soul and let God handle the rest.
but does the herd not help decide who wins?

Upvote 0

Odem

Kohen-Melekh
Aug 23, 2016
HaAdamah
✟15,286.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
but does the herd not help decide who wins?
But do you want to be just another member in that stampede, or are you willing to try and change the direction of the herd??? Remember that you have influence in other people's lives.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But do you want to be just another member in that stampede, or are you willing to try and change the direction of the herd. Remember that you have influence in other people's lives.
thinking thinking outside of politics more than in, by the way.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But do you want to be just another member in that stampede, or are you willing to try and change the direction of the herd??? Remember that you have influence in other people's lives.
I don't think voting for another candidate or not voting at all will change anything, because unfortunately the herd is the herd. Hard to hear the still small voice when your pounding away toward what benefits you.

I have always believed in voting for compassion. It causes me to really pay attention to the little things candidates do rather than say, by how they treat people, by what irritates them or what satisfies them when they think no one is looking. Do they love animals and do animals love them back? What sorrows and joys have they had in their lives, and what did they do with either? How do they treat their loved ones? How do they view the less fortunate, and what have they done about them?

I've seen the least amount of compassion in this election in my entire voting history. It makes me sad. Time is getting shorter, yet people are gearing up to put a 'get rich quick' candidate above us all. They think his bluster will rub off on them, making them as rich as he is because he promises it will? Why? Are there not richer things we should, as Christians, desire more? Which leads to why do I vote for compassion. This nation was built upon it. Equal mercy for all, regardless of all differences. God loves mercy and humility above all. Without mercy we lose our humanity. We lose our humanity, we are no longer the greatest idea the world has ever been given--"America", as Bono so eloquently put it. Without offering mercy we will become just another petty tyrant country with a bully mentality, who gives nothing and will receive far worse. I refuse to lay what is "America" aside in favor of getting a thin dime richer. I don't mind paying more taxes to help fellow Americans and strangers in our land. It's a weighty privilege to do so, just as much as it is a privilege to live in this country. You can't buy it. It shouldn't be for sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianJK
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every four years in America, the Presidential races sink to new lows. I would say that this year is no different, but we are really scraping THROUGH the bottom of the barrel this time! America was founded on the basic principle of "Live and Let Live", as outlined in the Bill of Rights; Free speech, freedom to arm yourself to the teeth, freedom to assemble and tell the gov't to shove it, and most importantly freedom to believe whatever you choose to believe. Those are the freedoms that we stand to lose if we collectively make the wrong choice again.

Jesus was very much a "Live and Let Live" advocate. He taught that salvation is through Him, but He never encouraged anyone to write any form of religion into Domestic Policy. If you don't believe me, just read about the harlot that He protected, when the Pharisees tried to stone her for adultery.

So what do I see this election season?

1) I see an advocate for a Nanny State sized government, who will raise taxes, devalue the spending power of the dollar with universal wage hikes, and take away our right to defend ourselves from political tyrants by taking away our guns. I don't care about Hillary Clinton's email scandal. Her ideologies are damning enough.

2) I see an arrogant man with a fowl mouth and no respect for humanity, who makes promises of which he would have no legal authority to fulfill, if elected. Under Trump, we will see more dead-end wars against "terrorist" that have been armed and supported via our own tax dollars. We will see random Unconstitutional "stop and frisk" weapon checkpoints, an illegal wall that will document every American who crosses the border. And sadly we will see a government that encourages the police to treat citizens like potential jihadists....lone wolf extremists....drug runners.

As a believer in Christ, I cannot justify voting for Hillary or Trump. Personally I will be voting for Gary Johnson. He's not perfect, but neither is he foaming at the mouth like the other two rabid dogs.

My hopes are that Gary Johnson (if elected) would work to:

1) Reform Taxes to a flat rate consumption tax that every consumer will pay according to their consumption patterns. No more taxation of income.

2) End the Unconstitutional War on Drugs that created a crime filled black market that funds terrorists and gangs domestically and abroad. It has also contributed to the militarization of our Local Police, who often treat us like second class citizens.

3) End our involvement in Pseudo/Proxy Wars like Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria...What is Aleppo? Its none of our business, and it would not have happened if Bush had gone after the Real Enemy...Saudi Arabia! Saudi Arabia is the source of modern Islamic Terrorism.

4) End the government's infringement on our right to privacy (NSA spying) and on our right to bear arms (no registration, no profiling).

5) End the government's infringement on free trade and commercial enterprise as it has done with Medicare, Medicaid, Obama Care, FDA, DEA, EPA, etc.

6) Abolish the Federal Government's stronghold on the education system.

7) Open doorways for immigrants to work legitimately as contributors to society and economy, rather than trying to keep them out like vermin. God reminded Israel that they were once strangers in a strange land. The same goes for America. If you are an American, chances are your ancestors were immigrants.

8) Uphold and maintain the separation of Church and State. Not all Americans are Christians, nor should Christian morals be forced upon Americans, especially not by legislation. Chances are, no two Christians agree 100% on what Christian Morals really are. So why not just live your own life as unto the Lord if you choose, and leave other people to themselves.

Use 1John 1:9 like breathing. Study the Word under your God appointed Pastor-Teacher. Ask God (in Christ's name) who you should vote for and why.

If the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains, surely the prayers and votes of a handful of faithful believers can influence a simple election.

Vote from your soul, not from your emotions as the world would have you do.

Your opinions? Comments? Advise? Trolling? Be sure to cast your vote in the poll I set up.

Sir, I agree with much of what you say. I am personally not planning on voting this year. Politicians generally creep me out. We have some good, sincere guys in there, though. I would have wanted to vote for Bernie, but the poor guy was shoved aside.

As an Apolitical Christian, I got folks I would like to vote for, but feel it is more appropriate for a Christian to stay aloof from worldly politics and instead pay taxes, pray for those in power, obey all reasonable laws and allow one's self to be punished for having to disobey any laws that would cause us to break the commandments of Christ. Just as though I feel there are plenty of cases where lethal or even debilitating non-lethal force is the only logical and justified option, as a Christian Pacifist I also have to admit that if we keep Christ's commandments literally, there's not any room for such force, no matter the crazy scenario. So Apolitically, I'm not voting.

Part of me feels that politics is basically a fear and anger breeding circus meant to take our eyes off Christ.

Reactions: Odem
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Odem

Kohen-Melekh
Aug 23, 2016
HaAdamah
✟15,286.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sir, I agree with much of what you say. I am personally not planning on voting this year. Politicians generally creep me out. We have some good, sincere guys in there, though. I would have wanted to vote for Bernie, but the poor guy was shoved aside.

As an Apolitical Christian, I got folks I would like to vote for, but feel it is more appropriate for a Christian to stay aloof from worldly politics and instead pay taxes, pray for those in power, obey all reasonable laws and allow one's self to be punished for having to disobey any laws that would cause us to break the commandments of Christ. Just as though I feel there are plenty of cases where lethal or even debilitating non-lethal force is the only logical and justified option, as a Christian Pacifist I also have to admit that if we keep Christ's commandments literally, there's not any room for such force, no matter the crazy scenario. So Apolitically, I'm not voting.

Part of me feels that politics is basically a fear and anger breeding circus meant to take our eyes off Christ.

FYI, I was first eligible to vote in 2008, but didnt for the very same reasons that you mentioned. Same goes for 2012, but this year is different. I cant let it go anymore. I feel compelled to vote. Whether my opinion counts or not, I will be casting my vote for Libertarian Gary Johnson in hopes that other Christians (and non) will do the same. I want the two party syndrome to be broken.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FYI, I was first eligible to vote in 2008, but didnt for the very same reasons that you mentioned. Same goes for 2012, but this year is different. I cant let it go anymore. I feel compelled to vote. Whether my opinion counts or not, I will be casting my vote for Libertarian Gary Johnson in hopes that other Christians (and non) will do the same. I want the two party syndrome to be broken.

I hear you, Sir. Just don't let this eat you up. Stay balanced. Someone's gonna win, they'll likely be a dreadful and oppressive leader either way, and as the global scene descends into chaos, more and more of our basic rights will be taken away. Christ warned us about all this. Stay focused on Him and tune out the buzz and imho you'll be more blessed and less stress for it. That may sound impractical or apathetic, but to me it sounds sane.

Upvote 0

Odem

Kohen-Melekh
Aug 23, 2016
HaAdamah
✟15,286.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I hear you, Sir. Just don't let this eat you up. Stay balanced. Someone's gonna win, they'll likely be a dreadful and oppressive leader either way, and as the global scene descends into chaos, more and more of our basic rights will be taken away. Christ warned us about all this. Stay focused on Him and tune out the buzz and imho you'll be more blessed and less stress for it. That may sound impractical or apathetic, but to me it sounds sane.

As our Lord said, "Horate, mei throeiste", or "Watch, but do not fear."(Matt 24:6)

The election will go as the elections go, and Donald Trump will most likely win. However, the outcome of this election will determine the quality of America's next 45 years. That is why I am voting for the most politically neutral candidate.

God put American Christians in a position where we can have a legitimate voice in government. I dont think it would be wise to take that blessing for granted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As our Lord said, "Horate, mei throeiste", or "Watch, but do not fear."(Matt 24:6)

The election will go as the elections go, and Donald Trump will most likely win. However, the outcome of this election will determine the quality of America's next 45 years. That is why I am voting for the most politically neutral candidate.

God put American Christians in a position where we can have a legitimate voice in government. I dont think it would be wise to take that blessing for granted.

That's ok, Sir, that's your right. God bless you, and be gracious to you, and give you His peace, in Christ.

Upvote 0