• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Voices telling me to worship the church.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got some negative thoughts about God today. Right afterward I got this thought in my head that I have to bow down and worship the church for 244 seconds or else I will go to hell. Then on the way home the voice in my head said that I have to bow down and worship a certain church 244 times or else I will go to hell. The voice in my head keeps telling me to go back to this specific church and bow down and worship it 244 times. He wants me to kneel down on the stone steps and bow down with my arms 244 times or else I will go to hell.

The voice keeps laughing at me and telling me to do it. I really don't want to do it though. It feels really awkward to me. However, I feel like God will curse me until I do it.

What should I do? I feel like this is a punishment from God for thinking those negative thoughts.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I got some negative thoughts about God today. Right afterward I got this thought in my head that I have to bow down and worship the church for 244 seconds or else I will go to hell. Then on the way home the voice in my head said that I have to bow down and worship a certain church 244 times or else I will go to hell. The voice in my head keeps telling me to go back to this specific church and bow down and worship it 244 times. He wants me to kneel down on the stone steps and bow down with my arms 244 times or else I will go to hell.

The voice keeps laughing at me and telling me to do it. I really don't want to do it though. It feels really awkward to me. However, I feel like God will curse me until I do it.

What should I do? I feel like this is a punishment from God for thinking those negative thoughts.

I bless myself and bow down every time I enter the church. Three times. :)

If you're hearing voices telling you to do things you should see a counselor. Try to find out what's causing it.

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sounds like some sort of paegan spirit. Tell the devil to leave you alone or say it like Jesus and say "get behind me satan!". Then fill your mind with knowledge about God. I can't quote it right off hand, but the bible says something like we are washed by the water of His word. Anything that is inconsistent with the word of God is not of God at all.

And if you hear demons laughing more than likely you are dealing with demons. I would seek out a good deliverance ministry or if your pastor offers it try asking him.

Bottom line is this isn't biblical and you need to rebuke it and move on in life.

Reactions: FightTheFlesh
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Pray to God the Creator of all things and ask for His kingdom to come on earth, beginning in you. Do this every time you get those voices. Demonic forces will be so distressed at this happening when they flagrantly attack like this they will learn to avoid provoking such sincere, appropriate prayers.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Worshiping a church? Whether you mean a building or the people I wouldn’t think that’s a good idea.

“And Jesus answered him, "It is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.'"”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭ESV‬‬
http://bible.com/59/luk.4.8.esv

This is from just after Satan told Jesus to worship him for the authority and glory of all the kingdoms of the earth.

“Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see. They have ears, but do not hear; noses, but do not smell. They have hands, but do not feel; feet, but do not walk; and they do not make a sound in their throat. Those who make them become like them; so do all who trust in them.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭115:4-8‬ ‭ESV‬‬
http://bible.com/59/psa.115.4-8.esv

This passage is if you mean the voice is telling you to worship a physical place. A building, like the idols of the nations, can’t do anything on its own. Back to Luke 4:8, in case the voice tries to say the people, worshipping other people is not good either. It is only good to worship God Himself.

Of course if anyone thinks I am incorrect or misunderstanding something please kindly tell/correct me.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Worshiping a church? Whether you mean a building or the people I wouldn’t think that’s a good idea.

“And Jesus answered him, "It is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.'"”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭ESV‬‬
http://bible.com/59/luk.4.8.esv

This is from just after Satan told Jesus to worship him for the authority and glory of all the kingdoms of the earth.

“Their idols are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see. They have ears, but do not hear; noses, but do not smell. They have hands, but do not feel; feet, but do not walk; and they do not make a sound in their throat. Those who make them become like them; so do all who trust in them.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭115:4-8‬ ‭ESV‬‬
http://bible.com/59/psa.115.4-8.esv

This passage is if you mean the voice is telling you to worship a physical place. A building, like the idols of the nations, can’t do anything on its own. Back to Luke 4:8, in case the voice tries to say the people, worshipping other people is not good either. It is only good to worship God Himself.

Of course if anyone thinks I am incorrect or misunderstanding something please kindly tell/correct me.

I think you are right. Maybe that is why the devil keeps telling me to worship the building.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm feeling better now.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm really upset again. The voices in my head keep telling me I have to go back and worship the church 244 times or else I will be cursed. I don't know what to do! One voice in my head keeps saying "Please just do it for me. I don't want to go to hell. Please just do it for me." He says, "We can't move forward until you do it!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟694,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm really upset again. The voices in my head keep telling me I have to go back and worship the church 244 times or else I will be cursed. I don't know what to do! One voice in my head keeps saying "Please just do it for me. I don't want to go to hell. Please just do it for me." He says, "We can't move forward until you do it!"

Well you know from scripture being pointed out this isn't something God wants you to do.

You are seeing a psychiatrist so i would continue to do so.. tell him/her about this new issue your having and see perhaps if there is more he can do to help you medically.

The Bible tells you to resist the devil and he will flee from you, and while you have an issue requiring medical assistance, doing that resisting in a Godly manner can only help you. Just say "get behind me Satan" whenever these attacks occur and do so "IN the Name of (under the authority of) Jesus of Nazareth, The Son of the Living God"

I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Don't forget to speak to your psychiatrist about what's going on..

• Friendly
Reactions: SnowTiger
Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you guys for the help. I'm feeling a bit better because I was able to get some work done on the game I'm making at home. I didn't think I could figure things out, but I did. So maybe they are wrong about me having to worship the church. Thanks!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thank you guys for the help. I'm feeling a bit better because I was able to get some work done on the game I'm making at home. I didn't think I could figure things out, but I did. So maybe they are wrong about me having to worship the church. Thanks!

I'm optimistic for you as well !
You are letting out and seeking advice for this noise speaking to you.
Some of us believe it is Spitural and some believe it's physical.

I have a Nephew who experiences the same problem.
He talks to the voices as if they are in His presence.
Most of them, try to bully him, and anger him.
He does not care where he is at when the conversation breaks out.
As far as I can tell, He denies their ways and tells them to shut up.
I reccomend staying in God's Word , in Ephesians this prayer by Paul was not just for people then it is for you and me now as well.

Pray this often ,where Paul says you say Me.
Ephesians 3: 14. For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15. Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16. That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

This prayer is for your understanding in the kingdom of God.
God will help you, and give you wisdom and knowledge about what is happening in your life.

It does not matter what it is , Christ has overcome the and put under his feet all things on earth above and below.
You are loved and nothing can remove the love of God from you.
Study your Bible and pray with the rest of us that your peace be restored.
God Has Blessed you in all Heavenly places.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really think I'm going to hell soon. The voices keep telling me to worship the church, or else. I keep believing them. I'm getting a lot of school work done, but I think something is going to throw a monkey wrench into things. Somehow I have to get a C if I don't worship the church 244 times. Something is going to go wrong and then I'm going to get it. I feel really negative about things.

I wish I wasn't so negative. The voices in my head keep telling me terrible things. Even the nice voice tells me to worship the church or else quit college.

It's all my fault too. I had some negative thoughts about God and The Bible before I got these thoughts about worshiping the church. I feel like it's a punishment from God for having those negative thoughts.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm feeling a little better now. I had some blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. My brother made the cobbler.

I don't know how I can stop feeling like I'm going to hell. I really think if I get a C in college it's all over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums