Hmm? What? Were you talking to me?
Jun 26, 2008
At my desk
✟8,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Naomi peeked around the corner to make sure that there were no guards. They were searching for followers of the Way to imprison or possibly kill. They did this every day, but today they had increased thier search dramatically. There were even rumors that Saul of Tarsus himself was searching for followers of Christ to kill. Suddenly Naomi heard the sounds of guards armor coming from down the dark alley. She pressed herself against the wall and slowly kneeled down behind a large ceramic jar. She started whispering prayers to God as quietly as she could. She heard the clunking of guards boots coming closer towards the ceramic pot. The boots stopped for what seemed like hours. She closed her eyes and held her breath hoping not to make a sound. But it was also out of fear. Finally she heard the guard walk back the other direction. She peeked over the top of the jar relived that the guard had left. She slowly stood, still shaking with fear. She slowly continued walking back to her cousin's house. She again heard the sound of armor coming up behind her but this time there was no-where to hide. She ran. As she rounded the corner she was greeted with a spear in her face. She backed away from it slowly.
"Are you a follower of the Way?" asked the guard.
Naomi was speechless. She gulped.
"Well? What say you?"
Naomi didn't say anything. She was still too frightend.
"Answer me!" shouted to guard angrily, as he pushed the spear closer to her face.
Naomi was terrified.
I'm not ready for this lord! I...Help me! she thought.

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When the guard was out of sight, Uriyah spoke to Naomi. "God gave me a dream last night. In my dream, the guard attacked you and a stranger came and took you away from harm. That's how I knew to look for you. My name is Uriyah. It means 'God is my light.' What's yours?"

Upvote 0