Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
what is your view on prepping? Is this fear motivated? Seems a few ppl I know are into this, and some of them are unbelievers so to me they are trusting in THEIR ability to prepare for the future. Thoughts?
Prepping?? Hmm, because Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow?? That says more about "worry" than prepping.

Consider:

1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Matt 25:1-4 (KJV)

Is that not preparing?

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Rev 1:3 (KJV)

Is that not preparing?

Or perhaps when the Lord told Joseph, in Egypt, to store grain in preparation for the famine.

Is this the kind of stuff you're asking for?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Prepping?? Hmm, because Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow?? That says more about "worry" than prepping.

Consider:

1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Matt 25:1-4 (KJV)

Is that not preparing?

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Rev 1:3 (KJV)

Is that not preparing?

Or perhaps when the Lord told Joseph, in Egypt, to store grain in preparation for the famine.

Is this the kind of stiff you're asking for?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I requested CF create a Christian Prepper forum for those of us that are prepping.
I received assurances a couple months ago that this would happen after the upgrade, but have not seen it yet. I have actually written a book "A Christian Approach to Doomsday Prepping" which has convinced some -hopefully many - to see the need for prepping and that it is scriptural.

In the section "Suggest New Forums" I have posted a large percentage of the book as proof that Christians should be prepping:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/christian-preppers-forum.7825229/

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I requested CF create a Christian Prepper forum for those of us that are prepping.
I received assurances a couple months ago that this would happen after the upgrade, but have not seen it yet. I have actually written a book "A Christian Approach to Doomsday Prepping" which has convinced some -hopefully many - to see the need for prepping and that it is scriptural.

In the section "Suggest New Forums" I have posted a large percentage of the book as proof that Christians should be prepping:

:oldthumbsup: Awesome information.

Prepping in faith is a good idea.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Hey Dids... when the prepper forum gets under way, it will no doubt be very interesting even for us "non-preppers." For the most part, I will be hiding behind the curtain... "observing." hiding-smiley.gif

If I do make any undesirable comments, you'll know what to do! out-smiley[1].gif
:oldthumbsup: Awesome information.

Prepping in faith is a good idea.

In contrast to prepping in "fear"... absolutely! "According to your faith be it unto you." Matthew 9:29 Sad, though... many will do it out of fear. Perhaps, in the new (prep) forum, some teaching may be necessary to be included while their preparing. "fear not, only believe" Mark 5:36, Luke 8:50

You know what I'm going to say now, right?

In the meantime... the rest of us who (believe) will wait for the Blessed Hope. (Rapture) "the voice of the archangel" and God’s trumpet call in the twinkling of an eye"
1 Corinthians 15:52 1 Thessalonians 4:16–17
We will “fly the friendly skies united” (me, my wife and four kids)Rapture%20Smiley[1].gif Rapture%20Smiley[1].gif Rapture%20Smiley[1].gifRapture%20Smiley[1].gif Rapture%20Smiley[1].gif Rapture%20Smiley[1].gif

Word-of-Faith[1].gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums