Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1) the guy in the dark shirt was physically attacked without doing anything pbysical to the other guy.

That's far from clear. Watching the video linked to earlier, kid in white shirt had his left hand up and was gesturing with it. Kid in black shirt starts pointing in white shirt's face with his right hand. As he is pointing, their hands come in contact and he continues pointing - pushing on white shirt's hand. White shirt then pushes the hand out of his face. Followed by black shirt shoving white shirt. Followed by white shirt taking a swing at black shirt.

This, IMO, is a clear case of mutual combat. Both dumb kids escalated the situation step by step until it was a full blown fight.

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Visit www.DiscoveringGod.net
Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The guy in the dark shirt was the first person to push anyone, but whatever I guess, the poor white teen is the real victim here. The police did a great job in swooping in and protecting him from harm.

Technically speaking he was the victim of assault. If he was bulkying some kid and that guy in the white shirt was just standing up for him. I'd say those punches thrown were well deserved, but I don't know the whole story, and what someone does, or does not, deserve is purely an opinion.

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The person who looks to be about 40-50 pounds heavier looked to be trying to intimidate a smaller and less weighty person; you’re defending a bully.
Nice job!

You don't know how much those guys weighed, but that smaller guy did just fine for himself. He obviously knew how to fight a little bit. That wasn't the first time he's ever thrown a punch. The bigger guy doesn't look like he has ever thrown a punch let alone ever been in a fight. What's wrong with him weighing more? He used his weight to his advantage in the fight which should be expected. The other guy was smaller amd quicker. He used those skills to his advantage as you can see how many punches he got in vs the other guy.

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's far from clear. Watching the video linked to earlier, kid in white shirt had his left hand up and was gesturing with it. Kid in black shirt starts pointing in white shirt's face with his right hand. As he is pointing, their hands come in contact and he continues pointing - pushing on white shirt's hand. White shirt then pushes the hand out of his face. Followed by black shirt shoving white shirt. Followed by white shirt taking a swing at black shirt.

This, IMO, is a clear case of mutual combat. Both dumb kids escalated the situation step by step until it was a full blown fight.

Between 5-10 seconds, when he lifts his hand up to to point in his face and he is not making contact. White shirt moves his hand closer, makes contact, and then grabs black shirt's wrist and pushes him.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Between 5-10 seconds, when he lifts his hand up to to point in his face and he is not making contact.
And they are both moving their hands. Black shirt keeps jabbing his finger while pointing, white shirt is gesturing. At some point their hands come into contact and you can see one hand against the other as black shirt is pointing in white shirt's face. That's when white shirt pushes the hand out of his face. Then comes the shove. Then the punch.

It was an escalation by both parties. Nobody here seems to be the aggressor.

• Winner
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
And they are both moving their hands. Black shirt keeps jabbing his finger while pointing, white shirt is gesturing. At some point their hands come into contact and you can see one hand against the other as black shirt is pointing in white shirt's face. That's when white shirt pushes the hand out of his face. Then comes the shove. Then the punch.

It was an escalation by both parties. Nobody here seems to be the aggressor.
Both kids are wrong, yet for some reason, there is this push to turn one of them into a victim of a beatdown that required the police to save him. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only racist person in this conversation has been you. Crying racism when there is none. And when you have no proof, and you lose the argument, you do what typical racists do nowadays, call everyone else racist. Projecting your own hate onto others. I'm surprised you haven't called me a nazi yet. Your whole argument is a joke.
Ironically, your entire post is projection.
While condemning said projection. Rturner76 argument is sound and valid. Your argument is the poor joke, denying the glaring disparities still evident in police treatment of different races. You don't need to act so defensively if you are not the racist. You don't need to defend obvious racial discrimination by others either. Your emphatic defensiveness of the discrimination reveals much more about you than you realize. And seems to exacerbate your defense. I didn't have any preconceived notions of your own prerogatives at the beginning of this thread. Now your comments have certainly shown your perceptions do not align with reality. You showed us who you are and now I believe I understand. Argue to your heart's content. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since I've seen you on this forum, all you do is justify racist actions. Stop if you don't want people to think you are a racist
When folks don't give two scoops of mud what we think of them, it seems to liberate them enough to be proud of their own perceived superiority. Relishing their repulsiveness in plain sight. The self-righteousness is astounding in America.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ironically, your entire post is projection.
While condemning said projection. Rturner76 argument is sound and valid. Your argument is the poor joke, denying the glaring disparities still evident in police treatment of different races. You don't need to act so defensively if you are not the racist. You don't need to defend obvious racial discrimination by others either. Your emphatic defensiveness of the discrimination reveals much more about you than you realize. And seems to exacerbate your defense. I didn't have any preconceived notions of your own prerogatives at the beginning of this thread. Now your comments have certainly shown your perceptions do not align with reality. You showed us who you are and now I believe I understand. Argue to your heart's content. Have a nice day.

I didn't project anything. My argument is what was in the video, not crying racism because of people's skin color. There wasn't anything racist in the video. The police in this video did nothing racist, and neither did the two fighting. The argument is about this video and not what some other police did elsewhere. Quit the the strawman argument. And of course I'm going to defend myself if someone falsley accuses me of being racist, as would anyone. Especially when I have said or done nothing racist while ironically the accuser has been saying racist things. It's called hypocrisy. What's even worse, is you point that out as if it's a bad thing to call out someone's hypocrisy and defend yourself. Says alot about your character. Do you think people shouldbjust stay quiet while being falsley accused? How about you? Would you stay quiet if I called you a racist? You wouldn't. Regardless of the color of your skin, you would defend yourself. Which makes your whole statement hypocritical. Especially since you had to jump in and comment to defend someone else. Nice try though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is exactly what makes the disparate treatment of teens so glaring!

They were treated different according to what the police saw upon arriving on scene. The police weren't there for the entire situation. We have no idea how they were treated after the person stopped filming.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't project anything. My argument is what was in the video, not crying racism because of people's skin color. There wasn't anything racist in the video. The police in this video did nothing racist, and neither did the two fighting. The argument is about this video and not what some other police did elsewhere. Quit the the strawman argument. And of course I'm going to defend myself if someone falsley accuses me of being racist, as would anyone. Especially when I have said or done nothing racist while ironically the accuser has been saying racist things. It's called hypocrisy. What's even worse, is you point that out as if it's a bad thing to call out someone's hypocrisy and defend yourself. Says alot about your character. Do you think people shouldbjust stay quiet while being falsley accused? How about you? Would you stay quiet if I called you a racist? You wouldn't. Regardless of the color of your skin, you would defend yourself. Which makes your whole statement hypocritical. Especially since you had to jump in and comment to defend someone else. Nice try though.
Yes, do study hypocrisy. You have much to learn. Call me what you like. Your opinion has little credibility at this point. I'm perfectly content and able to ignore your ranting. I do not need to defend myself from misguided people or their insults. Some folks simply cannot restrain themselves from being defensive about their own proclivities. Your continuous replies illustrate this point of fact. Cops have treated different races differently. It is not my problem your bias distorts your vision. I truly have no more to discuss with you. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When folks don't give two scoops of mud what we think of them, it seems to liberate them enough to be proud of their own perceived superiority. Relishing their repulsiveness in plain sight. The self-righteousness is astounding in America.

Talk about projection. The irony flows high with you.

Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
More irony, and straw man arguments. You just replied to my comment to defend yourself while stating that you don't need ti defend yourself. LOL. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Also, I never said fhat police haven't treated races different in the past. Like I said befire, this whole argumemt is about this one situation. Why are you creating strawman arguments that are moot? Is it because you can't debate against the facts of the video, so you have to make strawman arguments as well as attack the people debating the video by calling them racist? Sounds like a classic case of self projection.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Reading some of the justification for racism here is mind boggling, yet not surprising at the same time. People are claiming the video is missing footage to justify the black teen being handcuffed while the white teen who was the aggressor is helped by the police. Not only did the white teen start the fight, but he also was the on top of the kid that was arrested. But for some people, no matter what, the black kid is at fault. I remember when I once argued that body cameras would help decrease police violence; I was wrong, people will simply ignore the video and argue that the racist actions in a video are okay and not racist.

Here's the thing, both kids are at fault. When you are posturing and involved in an argument, quarreling you are involved. The Hispanic kid was pointing his finger, but never touched the black kid. The black kid made the first physical contact. Trust me I understand why. No one like some sticking their finger at you. It's insulting. Get it out of my face. Then the Hispanic kid pushed the black kid. Now we have two physical contacts. Then the black kid starts swinging.

This is not an unusual occurrence. It's how fights start all the time. It doesn't matter what race or ethnicity you are. These kids were involved in disorderly conduct, both of them.

The male cop saw the fighting. So did the female cop. The male cop did his job and handled business like he was supposed to. Thr female cop grabbed the Hispanic kid and the male cop grabbed the black kid. At this point they were both doing their jobs. The male cop finished his job. The female cop did not. She dropped the ball. If there is any racism involved it is on her because she failed to cuff the Hispanic kid. Why? Was it because he was Hispanic? Or was it because she didn't finish her job. She actually put them both in danger by not doing so. Are you claiming she is a racist?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The person who looks to be about 40-50 pounds heavier looked to be trying to intimidate a smaller and less weighty person; you’re defending a bully.
Nice job!

You know bullies come in all shapes and sizes. How do you know the smaller teen was not bullying someone? So you know the whole story?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's only because the female cop.failed to do her job. Was she a racist or just incompetent?
You made a valid point a couple posts ago when you said the female officer dropped the ball. That appears to be true. I cannot claim to prove her motivations. She could be racist, incompetent or neither. It may be her training that led to the different treatment of the teens. All that is certain is this behavior from officers has repeated itself for generations in America without consequence. Minnesota hadn't prosecuted a cop for manslaughter or murder in their entire history as a state of our union. Within a year we've seen two convictions of police officers. Perhaps some accountability is all that has been missing in our justice system.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Hispanic kid was pointing his finger, but never touched the black kid. The black kid made the first physical contact.

Again, I don't think the video clearly shows that. Black kid has left arm up, gesturing with it, before white kid starts pointing. During his motion of pointing his arm gets in contact with the black kid's raised arm for a second, after which the black kid pushes it away to get the finger out of his face. The video doesn't clearly show if the black kid initiated that contact or it was just contact from the white kid pointing. The initial physical contact may have been incidental/accidental or it could have been intentional by either side.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.