Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey, so I promised in my last post in here that I'd try to v-log a bit more in 2013.
Sorry it's not really personal shout-outs or anything, but I did a book review.
I also ended up writing more about it in my blog because...I don't think I adequately covered everything I wanted to talk about in the video.

I already recommended this book to LT and had posted a few quotes on facebook before I went on my facebook hiatus.

Book Review: The Explicit Gospet by Matt Chandler with Jared Wilson - YouTube

Thanks for posting that. I bought The Explicit Gospel, and I've got it on my phone, and hope to get to it sometime soon =)

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I really got thinking about this subject this morning.

Present Face: God's Gifts - YouTube

Great reminder.

You reminded me of a conversation I once had with someone years ago who also suffered from a chronic pain condition, and I shared with her something I'd read in The Hiding Place about how Corrie Ten Boom's sister insisted that they thank God for the fleas and lice they were inflicted with because the Bible says to give thanks in every situation, but Corrie had so much trouble with the idea of thinking that was something they were to be thankful for and how much it hurt her to think that what she saw as a curse was really a blessing. But it turned out to actually be a blessing because God used that infestation to keep the Nazi guards away from their barracks and give those women actual fellowship and worship time without fearing the guards.

I shared that story with this woman and how it led me to change my view of my health (not always a constant view, I'll admit. It can be a struggle), and that it did lead me to thank God for what He's allowed to happen to me because I see how He's used it to shape me and guide me. It really sucks some days, but its not something that surprised Him or that He has no control of. He has a purpose. And I remember her response was very angry and bitter and something along the lines of, "I will never thank God for this hell I'm living." And I totally understand why she said that and saw it that way, but then weeks later she came back and was sharing how she was being used by God as a witness to her step daughter about what it means to lean on God as your strength when you have none of your own.

I think there are blessings in every situation. and everything happens for a reason. We just need to be looking for those things and be open and have a heart that is thankful to God for those things.

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Great reminder.

You reminded me of a conversation I once had with someone years ago who also suffered from a chronic pain condition, and I shared with her something I'd read in The Hiding Place about how Corrie Ten Boom's sister insisted that they thank God for the fleas and lice they were inflicted with because the Bible says to give thanks in every situation, but Corrie had so much trouble with the idea of thinking that was something they were to be thankful for and how much it hurt her to think that what she saw as a curse was really a blessing. But it turned out to actually be a blessing because God used that infestation to keep the Nazi guards away from their barracks and give those women actual fellowship and worship time without fearing the guards.

I shared that story with this woman and how it led me to change my view of my health (not always a constant view, I'll admit. It can be a struggle), and that it did lead me to thank God for what He's allowed to happen to me because I see how He's used it to shape me and guide me. It really sucks some days, but its not something that surprised Him or that He has no control of. He has a purpose. And I remember her response was very angry and bitter and something along the lines of, "I will never thank God for this hell I'm living." And I totally understand why she said that and saw it that way, but then weeks later she came back and was sharing how she was being used by God as a witness to her step daughter about what it means to lean on God as your strength when you have none of your own.

I think there are blessings in every situation. and everything happens for a reason. We just need to be looking for those things and be open and have a heart that is thankful to God for those things.

Wow, that is amazing! I think it's amazing how He used you in that situation to break that anger. Also, I think you just added something on my "to read" list... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Shari, any idea why it won't let me rewatch the video of Tom and I in the old thread? it says it is private when I try to click on it. doesn't it know who I am lol

haha! Sorry - I changed the settings on all my old videos to private a while ago. I`ll go change the settings on that one in a bit after I watch the lovely Sara`s video =)

Upvote 0