✟8,415.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Shalom,

About my changes post, well, I guess that I am just very confused right now. You see, I just want to feel accepted, and when I am a Messianic, I don't. I mean, to the Jews, I am not one, even though I follow the law! And to the Christian, I am following the law, which to them was abolished over 2000 years ago. Also, I see how Christanity has hurt the Jewish people so much (the crusades and the Spanish inquisition), and will do ANYTHING to try to convert people to their religion, which is something that I do not want to be a part of. I guess what I am trying to say is that if I identify myself as a Jew, then I feel accepted. I don't know. Shalom :wave:

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
you are accepted by the Messianics here - and would usually be by messianics elsewhere - but, as I've said before - the drive you have for acceptance is VERY normal for one at your stage of life - but do try to exercise a bit of wisdom and don't make any decisions based on whether or not they *might* get you some transient acceptance!!

We love you mjt and want you to hang around with us!!

Upvote 0

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Patience, Achi. I will be holding you up in prayer before HaShem this weekend. We really do understand, MJT. Shabbat shalom. Have faith -- our Abba is able. He is bigger than your circumstances and He is more concerned with your character and your relationship with Him than with your temporary circumstances (which... most of us here share to one degree or another -- we feel to one degree or another that sense of not "belonging" anywhere, among Christians or Jews). Be of good courage. He is able. He is able.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
They don't call Messianic Judiasm "A space between two chairs" fer nuttin'!! We all feel like we're sitting on thin air most of the time when it comes to belonging....... just remember, belonging to Yeshua is more important than being accepted by any group - for it will define the "group" to which you will belong for eternity!!

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
✟22,847.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
A lot of my friends are Christians, and we really don't get each other on a religious level. They don't understand why I don't eat pork or shellfish, and I don't get why they condemn my obedience to God's Torah. However, as far as being a friend goes, this is relatively minor. We can still hang out, go to movies, etc.; I firmly believe that I cannot have a positive influence on people who don't believe like me if I don't spend time with them. This brings me to the following:

mjterry87 said:
Also, I see how Christanity has hurt the Jewish people so much (the crusades and the Spanish inquisition), and will do ANYTHING to try to convert people to their religion, which is something that I do not want to be a part of.
That may all be true, but you simply CANNOT condemn modern Christianity for this. The crusaders hated the Jews for being "Christ killers," even though this was roughly 1,000 years after the Messiah's death. By hating Christianity for killing Jews, you are guilty of the exact same thing. Do you really want that?

Upvote 0

Bon

Truth Seeker
Jul 26, 2004
✟17,259.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
mjterry87 said:
Shalom,

About my changes post, well, I guess that I am just very confused right now. You see, I just want to feel accepted, and when I am a Messianic, I don't. I mean, to the Jews, I am not one, even though I follow the law! And to the Christian, I am following the law, which to them was abolished over 2000 years ago. Also, I see how Christanity has hurt the Jewish people so much (the crusades and the Spanish inquisition), and will do ANYTHING to try to convert people to their religion, which is something that I do not want to be a part of. I guess what I am trying to say is that if I identify myself as a Jew, then I feel accepted. I don't know. Shalom :wave:

Don't you see?.....you ARE accepted.....right here.

Look at it this way,

Jews try to persue a law of rightousness apart from faith.
Christians persue faith apart from the law (obedience to Torah)

Both would be wrong

Messianics are right there in the middle.

WHO CARES! what the Jews or Christians think of your beliefs Terry.
I'm sure that they don't care what you think of thiers.

You should feel blessed and honoured that you have found that NARROW PATH Yahshua tell us about through the Gospel of Matthew.

Be very grateful to Him, and try to stop worrying about other opinions or what other's may think.

And besides, it is not Yahweh's intention that we be either Jew or Gentile is it?....
we are followers of Yahshua The Way

blessings from Yahweh and Shalom be to you ....from Bon

Upvote 0

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Terry

I accept you

But my opinion don't count for a hoot!

What I want is to be accepted by I Y'shua

I want him to say "Well Done my faithful servent come in and sit down in your new home"

I don't want to be among those who deny him for if I do he will deny me.

Terry it is really really hard to be 16
You know what bro
It's hard to be 45 too! :)

People don't get me
But know what I stand firm in my convictions
And I don't go away.
And I don't care what people say.

At work I am the Religious Nut Case
At the Mennonite church I am the "Wanna Be Jew"
At among the Messianics I am "What kind of Messianic is that?"

Well so be it

But to my congregation I am "Pastor George"
To my wife I am "My darling husband"
and to my kids I am "Daddy"

I will recieve the report that Gd sends
and dismiss the ones the devil sends

You do that too.

Search your heart Terry

And I love you

Blessings

Pastor George :wave:

Upvote 0

Mary_Magdalene

AKA..Godschosengirl
Feb 3, 2004
✟30,328.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
remember, Yeshua said that the world will not accept us. I dont feel accepted either but i think its because i am not of this world-but of Him. My home is not here but with the Father. When i, one day, am with the Father-then i will feel perfect peace and acceptance (from the white garments i will be wearing that were washed with His blood). Until then, i will continue on here to do His will and to preach the good news as He wills me to do.

love ya.

Upvote 0