Verses That Disprove SDA Sabbath

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As I stated earlier those who proclaim scripture points to a change from sabbath to sunday are reading into the text what isn't there. Show me where Paul said christians were worshipping on sunday and I'll show you how when read in context they say nothing of the sort.

Where did I say they were worshipping satan? I was just quoting those that readily admit there was no scriptural sanctioning of sunday worship. It is and has been since it's inception after the death of all the apostles a tradition of man.
I don't really care exactly when or who started it as that doesn't matter. Once it's established that it was done outside of any authority of Jesus and well beyond the apostolic era it doesn't matter who did it. It is not scriptural. To adhere to sunday worship you have to agree to the idea that the the church (man) has the authority to set the traditions of men in lieu of the commandments of the Lord.
Why would I get into an argument with someone who simply deny the Scripture? I've been there, done that, and have a few t-shirts to prove it.

NTL there have been quotes in this thread from Acts which are valid and explained away by double talking about time structure. And there is a very notable reference that some churches in Europe and Asia both met on Sunday for worship prior to 100 AD.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Lysimachus

Vindicating our Historic Biblical Foundations
Dec 21, 2010
✟9,605.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Question 3: Isn't Acts 20:7-12 proof that the disciples kept Sunday as a holy day? (Acts 20:7)?

Answer: According to the Bible, each day begins at sundown and ends at the next sundown (Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31; Leviticus 23:32) and the dark part of the day comes first. So Sabbath begins Friday night at sundown and ends Saturday night at sundown. This meeting of Acts 20 was held on the dark part of Sunday, or on what we now call Saturday night. The New English Bible begins Acts 20:7 like this: "On the Saturday night in our assembly ..." It was a Saturday-night meeting as evidenced in verse 8 where it says “and there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together”, and it lasted until midnight. Paul was on a farewell tour and knew he would not see these people again before his death (verse 25). No wonder he preached so long! (No regular weekly service would have lasted all night.) Paul was "ready to depart on the morrow." He spent his entire day on Sunday traveling by foot and sailing. Does that sound like a “Sabbath” activity? The "breaking of bread" has no "holy day" significance whatever, because they broke bread daily (Acts 2:46). There is not the slightest indication in this Scripture passage that the first day is holy, nor that these early Christians considered it so. Nor is there the remotest evidence that the Sabbath had been changed. Incidentally, this meeting is probably mentioned in the Scripture only because of the miracle of raising Eutychus back to life after he fell to his death from a third-floor window. In Ezekiel 46:1, God refers to Sunday as one of the six "working days." Some may argue that even though the disciples came together Saturday night (which Biblically speaking begins the “first day” of the week), it was still the first day nonetheless and they were respecting it in honor of the resurrection. Assuming this is true, we discover a big problem. Christ rose early Sunday morning, not Saturday night. If the disciples were giving any respect to Sunday in honor of the resurrection, then why were they celebrating it during the time when Jesus was still dead and buried in the grave? As we can see, the arguments that Sundaykeepers use have no bearings whatsoever.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Question 3: Isn't Acts 20:7-12 proof that the disciples kept Sunday as a holy day? (Acts 20:7)?

Answer: According to the Bible, each day begins at sundown and ends at the next sundown (Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31; Leviticus 23:32) and the dark part of the day comes first. So Sabbath begins Friday night at sundown and ends Saturday night at sundown. This meeting of Acts 20 was held on the dark part of Sunday, or on what we now call Saturday night. The New English Bible begins Acts 20:7 like this: "On the Saturday night in our assembly ..." It was a Saturday-night meeting as evidenced in verse 8 where it says “and there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together”, and it lasted until midnight. Paul was on a farewell tour and knew he would not see these people again before his death (verse 25). No wonder he preached so long! (No regular weekly service would have lasted all night.) Paul was "ready to depart on the morrow." He spent his entire day on Sunday traveling by foot and sailing. Does that sound like a “Sabbath” activity? The "breaking of bread" has no "holy day" significance whatever, because they broke bread daily (Acts 2:46). There is not the slightest indication in this Scripture passage that the first day is holy, nor that these early Christians considered it so. Nor is there the remotest evidence that the Sabbath had been changed. Incidentally, this meeting is probably mentioned in the Scripture only because of the miracle of raising Eutychus back to life after he fell to his death from a third-floor window. In Ezekiel 46:1, God refers to Sunday as one of the six "working days." Some may argue that even though the disciples came together Saturday night (which Biblically speaking begins the “first day” of the week), it was still the first day nonetheless and they were respecting it in honor of the resurrection. Assuming this is true, we discover a big problem. Christ rose early Sunday morning, not Saturday night. If the disciples were giving any respect to Sunday in honor of the resurrection, then why were they celebrating it during the time when Jesus was still dead and buried in the grave? As we can see, the arguments that Sundaykeepers use have no bearings whatsoever.
So sorry to inform you no one keeps Sunday as a holy day, especially after the manner of the law concerning the sabbath. Most Christinans give no more respect to Sunday than they do any other day of the week. The issue is not about Sunday. You make it an issue while the Scripture does not.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,187.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I notice that the SDA's on this thread have nothing to say about my quotation from Justin Martyr, in Post #141.

Justin Martyr clearly tells us that the early Christians were already worshipping on Sunday around 150 AD. This day of worship was normal, not controversial, and had not been changed.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I beg to differ with you on the resurrection. First there is no time mentioned concerinig the resurrection. This is strictly an assumeption tied to the arrival of the women at the tomb. Jesus was already resurrected and out of the tomb. The women did not witness the event.

What were the disciples celebrating when? They were not celebrating anything while Jesus was in the tomb. They were hiding for fear from fellow Jews.

bugkiller

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So sorry to inform you no one keeps Sunday as a holy day, especially after the manner of the law concerning the sabbath. Most Christinans give no more respect to Sunday than they do any other day of the week. The issue is not about Sunday. You make it an issue while the Scripture does not.

bugkiller
With all due respect , bugkiller , but a huge number of christians *do* consider it a holy day . So much in fact that they consider that one would go to hell by missing a meeting on only one Sunday in their entire life .

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I beg to differ with you on the resurrection. First there is no time mentioned concerinig the resurrection. This is strictly qn assumeption tied to the arrival of the women at the tomb. Jesus was already resurrected and out of the tomb. The women did not witness the event.

bugkiller

Agreed .

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I notice that the SDA's on this thread have nothing to say about my quotation from Justin Martyr, in Post #141.

Justin Martyr clearly tells us that the early Christians were already worshipping on Sunday around 150 AD. This day of worship was normal, not controversial, and had not been changed.
Why of course not. They can not without defeating their argument.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lysimachus

Vindicating our Historic Biblical Foundations
Dec 21, 2010
✟9,605.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private

The reason why we ignore some of these quotations, is because, I must confess that we are a bit shocked why you would still be reverting to these old arguments that have been buried centuries ago.

1. Justin Martyr came from a pagan gentile background and was raised going to a heathen school, and studied Pothagoris.

2. Numerous quotations from Justin Martyr have proven to be forgeries.

3. If you had even casually read the most basic Adventist apologetics, you would have found your arguments hopelessly astray a long time ago.

Try reading "History of the Sabbath" by JN Andrews. Or "From Sabbath to Sunday" by Samuele Bacchiocchi.

Or "The Lost Meaning of the Seventh Day" by Sigve Tonstad

Or a whole study on the writings of Justin Martyr on the Sabbath by Dr. William H. Shea.

Become informed by OUR research before you attempt to refute us and pretend as though we have not done our homework.

It would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Try reading "History of the Sabbath" by JN Andrews. Or "From Sabbath to Sunday" by Samuele Bacchiocchi.

Or a whole study on the writings of Justin Martyr on the Sabbath by Dr. William H. Shea.

Become informed by OUR research before you attempt to refute us and pretend as though we have not done our homework.

Are these people/writings confirmed by your group as speaking for you ?

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Although the Seventh day of Creation is when God made the Covenant and it is the day that we call Saturday, all of you people are still in error. You are all focused on the day instead of the spirit. I worship God every moment and fellowship on the Seventh day but not at the SDA church, NO WAY JOSE! The spirit of God is always in His children, and they in Him; it's not a once a week affair. If married couples lived by that arrangement they wouldn't be married for long. The day is for fellowship but the true meaning of Sabbath is REST! The Rest is what you all can't understand, it's not a day of leisure as the SDA teach but rather a spiritual fellowship with alike minded believers. Resting in His Bosom is continual and eternal. Most of you are bent on works only, it is written.

The one thing that the world refuses to accept is their guilt! The entire world is deceived according to the Prophets. God flipped your minds so that no man can say he is righteous or that he is not deceived. Revelation says that the dragon deceives the entire world. You must be on another planet where the law has changed. You can't even believe God when He tells you to your face that you are deceived, how then will you believe anything that's Holy?

The Holy is profaned and the profane is made Holy, what part of this do you not understand?

How many ways does God need to pound it in your heads? He said to SHOW the house of Israel their transgression; this is because they refuse to hear, they must be shown. They need a sign or a bump on the head!

The SDA church is currently facing issues about genders and the women are trying to push their equated authority over the men and it's getting thick as per Pastor Bohr of Fresno SDA church. He wrote a lengthy article about it and it took 20 pages in the 43 page magazine to disclose the details. The SDA church is satan's synagogue and his seat and they will fall very quickly in the next few months.

You can throw rocks at me but God will stone the harlot shortly. God has run them through with a sharp double edge sword and they will be divided as it is written. Not all of Israel is Israel and they are NOT. mark these words!

God's Judgment against the Seventh-day Adventist church... your last warning before you fall.

Rev 2:12-17

12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. (William Miller martyred in 1849)

14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. (sexual adultery)

15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. (His mouth is presently speaking to the SDA Corporate church. God has presented them with a stumblingblock and it will get nasty.)

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna (wisdom, & revealed secrets), and will give him a white stone (new mind), and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
KJV

Rev 2:18-28

18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. (Here is works mentioned)

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel (Ellen G. White), which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. (E.G.W.- SDA church)

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, (other denominations, including Catholic church) and unto the rest in Thyatira (real Israel), as many as have not this doctrine (as the SDA do), and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they (SDA) speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

26 And he (one (singular) man) that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

28 And I will give him the morning star. (The Key of David)
KJV

Those, if any who repent will be men because the women have the spirit of Jezebel, men do not. I was once a member of that occult but I woke up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The reason why we ignore some of these quotations, is because, I must confess that we are a bit shocked why you would still be reverting to these old arguments that have been buried centuries ago.

1. Justin Martyr came from a pagan gentile background and was raised going to a heathen school, and studied Pothagoris.

2. Numerous quotations from Justin Martyr have proven to be forgeries.

3. If you had even casually read the most basic Adventist apologetics, you would have found your arguments hopelessly astray a long time ago.

You are good telling us to believe your material above everyone else.

I have read youSamuele Bacchiocchi's book From Sabbath to Sunday. I even critiqued it for the SDA friend who ask me to read it. As a reslult he does not much care for me or Dr Sam B as he is called.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
With all due respect , bugkiller , but a huge number of christians *do* consider it a holy day . So much in fact that they consider that one would go to hell by missing a meeting on only one Sunday in their entire life .
Perhaps I should have said no one applies all the sabbath regulations to Sunday as required by the law.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are good telling us to believe your material above everyone else.

I have read youSamuele Bacchiocchi's book From Sabbath to Sunday. I even critiqued it for the SDA friend who ask me to read it. As a reslult he does not much care for me or Dr Sam B as he is called.

bugkiller
As a .former SDA, but still sabbath keeper, I found the flaw in bacchiocci work. he contradicts ellen white and his theory for change could not possibly happen.

Upvote 0