Jul 1, 2013
Scotland
✟8,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
hi

So I get married in just over a month and as it's tradition to get the bride/groom a gift for on the day I've ordered the "grooms bible", inspired by something I saw online where a girl highlighted key verses for her partner I'd like to do the same....

So does anybody have any good verses or good resources to find the best verses to highlight for this... I'm looking mostly for verses on love, marriage and getting through hard times.

Thanks in Advance :)

puregrl

Jun 7, 2005
North Carolina
✟15,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know it is used a lot, but I love the "love chapter", 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
Genesis 29:20-28 is fabulous for guys...talks about Jacob serving for seven years to get to marry Rachel...cause he loved her so much.
Ephesians 4:2 links patience and love; 1 Peter 4:8

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I would be a little creeped out by the idea. Here is a bible my wife gives me and highlighted all the things she expects ME to do for her.

What if I gave her one with every single verse about wives being submitted to husbands highlighted?

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ephesians 5:22-33 King James Version (KJV)

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So does anybody have any good verses or good resources to find the best verses to highlight for this... I'm looking mostly for verses on love, marriage and getting through hard times.
Perhaps, rather than highlighting verses, you include a note on the cover page outlining your commitment to be a wife to him according to everything written in this Book.

But if you want to highlight certain scriptures, there is always this passage, the first marriage:

Genesis 2.18 (NASB)
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” 19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. 21 So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 22 The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”

24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. 25 And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
And you could go thru the book of Song of Solomon, making notes in the margins of all the husband/wife intimate things you may like to do ... (and keep it away from others' prying eyes) But most of the stuff in there is all about HER intimate pleasure and desire; not his.

Last edited:
Upvote 0