Indianapolis
✟6,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I have seen horrible things in my life, in my youth I broke the law many times and I was not a good person. I did not kill rape or harm those weaker than me but I was not a good persona and then I see this story. I can say 100% if I was locked in a room with that mother or that rapist they would not leave alive and the would not die easy. I got ill at this story and what is most disquieting is it happened when the system had the means to prevent it. A five year old should not be homeless. The thought of getting my hands around the throats of both of those pathetic excuses for humans brings me alot of pleasure.

The question I guess here is how do you deal when that rage, I would almost say ignore the news and stories like this but you need to see it and know there our monsters out there.

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, I don't know too many people who being even marginally honest with themselves would say they had no idea these kinds of things happen. What does one do with it personally? Well that's another issue. Personally, I payed attention to the neighborhood around me and did what I could when I saw something that .... wasn't right. The reality is though that the system just does not have the ability / resource to prevent everyone from falling through the cracks. I've seen multiple stories like this and in my own town; I've seen kids who survived some pretty horrific stuff.

A lot of people deal with issues like this by getting involved. Volunteering at youth centers or other such things. It may not seem like much (or enough) but at times it means the difference between a kid getting through the ordeal or not coming out alive. A lot of teens from these types of circumstances, turn to drugs or suicide. We can't sit back and wait for someone else to do what we can do ourselves.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And they are not just having the inability to use those resources, they are intentionally ignoring it.

Like the other guy, I have some "vengeful" thoughts and rage about the evil that is ruling this world today. And God isn't intervening conventionally to stop it, so the evil keeps winning. Even the Bible says that this world is irredeemable ruled by evil and it is basically Satan's playground. Maybe that is God's plan all along. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0