Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I look at it as just another tool available to people to use. You can meet people through many different ways nowadays. Whatever path (or paths) you choose to try to meet people and look for a spouse, as long as you invite God in that process in your life, He will surely be with you. He is able to use anything for good, including internet dating sites.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Many people do meet online these days, and it does seem to work. You do need to be careful I think, but you need to be careful in general, even when meeting people in person.

I would say, if you want to try it, just find out a bit about the site, maybe read some reviews.

I am not against it, being online just gives me another opportunity to meet the person I will be with.:) And it is hard to meet Christian men my age here since I live in a small town.

It's a different experience, but it has been successful before.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are still young and at your age if you are going to school or something like that you may have a much better chance of finding someone by meeting them at school.

Plus you also have to remember to be careful.

But in terms of people dating on the internet. I don't have a problem with it. I met my fiancee on CF.

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have talked to my mom and stepdad about it...they met online so they aren't totally against it...they just said that I can't meet the person I met by myself...they'd rather me go with either them or some friends.

along with that, for a first meeting type situation, it may be better to meet them in a fairly crowded type place - like a coffee shop. I'd be weary about meeting someone in their home or inviting them to yours right off the bat.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have talked to my mom and stepdad about it...they met online so they aren't totally against it...they just said that I can't meet the person I met by myself...they'd rather me go with either them or some friends.

that sounds like a good plan. when i met my ex in person for the first time i had my father with me and we met at a Bible conference so it was a place where there were a lot of people around (like Kev said its a good idea to find some spot like that) and there was plenty of conversation material just from what we were being taught at the conference.

Upvote 0

IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
You are still young and at your age if you are going to school or something like that you may have a much better chance of finding someone by meeting them at school.

This.

Personally, I wouldn't advise internet dating. I had nothing but massive headaches with it as well as dating in general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I met my spouse because of internet dating.

1. I met a woman online, it seemed great & then I relocated to the city she was in (someplace I would never move on purpose NORTH!) things were shaky and got worse. She turned out to be an absolute loon. I even had to lock myself in the bathroom and call the cops once while she was in my apt. We broke up, but in the meantime I had found a great job and I loved the church some friends from back home advised when I told them where I was moving. So I stuck around in this terrible northern tundra.

2. I met a woman at that church. We are opposites in a LOT of ways (that seem more important than they are). No way a dating site would EVER match us up. We are very happy and expect our second child to be born about a month from now.

The moral of the story: If internet dating hadn't steered me completely wrong, I would have never been in the place and time to meet this wife I love so dearly.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Whoa, if my Dad was with me the guy would run, or my Dad would chase him away...no man is good enough for his baby...lol! You are brave!

haha well i knew they'd get along, and i was right. My dad wasn't a huge fan of the idea of me dating someone i met online, but once he met him he was cool with it :D

Upvote 0

PaulDavid

NOOB
Aug 7, 2009
Zombies. Yes, Zombies.
✟15,735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
with anything there are plusses and minusses to consider

Plusses -

You can cover a LOT of ground very fast with internet dating. While you can go out and make a dozen contacts on a good night in town on the internet you can make literally hundreds of contacts.

You get to know the persons mind first

It is easier to open up online

Minuses -

You can spend so much time getting to know someone, and forming attachments, then meet them in person and there is NO physical attraction.

Most of the time people online are far away and it would be inconvenient to have any kind of social life together (which kinda defeats the purpose of online dating anyways).

Moral..

Go for it, but, don't spend too much time getting to know them before you meet them in person, it'll save you heartache down the road.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm 18 and thinking about finding someone on a Christian dating site...I'm just wondering what some of you think about it.
Been there, done that and it was a bittersweet ride that I will probably never do again and I sold the shirt I got from the ride on e-bay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
internet dating is so cool. I don't have to worry about spaghetti splatter on my shirt nor picking the tab for dinner.
Or the ex being close to you in location when...oops I mean 'if' the two of you break up. That is always a very big bonus not having.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I met my spouse because of internet dating.

1. I met a woman online, it seemed great & then I relocated to the city she was in (someplace I would never move on purpose NORTH!) things were shaky and got worse. She turned out to be an absolute loon.

OH SNAP!!:doh::D This has been my experience as well, but this hasn't discourage me from some of the women here.

Upvote 0