Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ubuntu is right with noticing threads are old in this forum. There is not a huge amount of activity here. I think of vegetarianism as an important issue, even for Christian consideration. I would make suggestions for communication activity, but I will say more about myself first.

I have been almost completely vegetarian for four to five years. I have not been buying any animal meat anymore. More recently I became vegan. There are several fair reasons for vegetarianism, including ethical reasons and for health and environment issues. As a single man I am aware of the issue regarding choosing a mate, whether they should be vegetarian or if it doesn't matter, brought up in one thread. I think myself that if ethics matters in the choice, than a prospective mate should also be vegetarian or willing to change to that. If there were only other reasons then it doesn't matter just as much.

Vegetarianism matters, it would be good having more communication for it. In these forums, besides using this forum and sometimes mentioning vegetarianism in a positive way in other threads, there is Victorious Vegetarians in Social Groups in these forums. It is not yet so active either now. But there are other places outside of the forums for those such as us, even with more activity. There is Christian Vegetarian Association with the Yahoo group, Christianveg, there other things for it too, such as on Facebook. There is a Christianveg page, or it being titled Christian Vegetarian Association, there as well, there are also closed groups, for Christian Vegan and the Vegetarian Christian Tribe. Any for believers who are vegetarian, and even vegan, such as those, or others, are good for us and could be used, and we could look for more opportunities for communication. With saying these things it is my way of introducing myself here. If any of the vegetarian believers here want to friend me in these forums I will like that.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God said we can eat animals (all animals..the ordinances were done away with Jesus).

Even the bible shows (metaphorically) that eating meat is "strong" (hebrews 5:14 among other verses).

We must be very very careful about "environment issues" (unbiblical). The media is "pushing" environmental agendas to take away your what little you have of your property rights (no longer your property). Raising animals for meat is FAR better than growing crops...look at farmers like Joe Salatin...don't just trust the media, do your own real unbiased research (make sure to always trust the word of god instead of what the media says).

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God said we can eat animals (all animals..the ordinances were done away with Jesus).

Even the bible shows (metaphorically) that eating meat is "strong" (hebrews 5:14 among other verses).

We must be very very careful about "environment issues" (unbiblical). The media is "pushing" environmental agendas to take away your what little you have of your property rights (no longer your property). Raising animals for meat is FAR better than growing crops...look at farmers like Joe Salatin...don't just trust the media, do your own real unbiased research (make sure to always trust the word of god instead of what the media says).
Why are you even commenting in a vegetarian forum, if you don't believe in it? If people want to be vegetarian, that their business. Also vegetables, grains, peanuts and fruit are good for everyone health.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Previous to my posting there were others introducing themselves as vegetarians more or less in coming to this subforum who were welcomed as I saw. After I posted to introduce myself, instead of that another poster who is clearly not vegetarian at the time of posting came on this thread and said things to oppose everything I said. It certainly was inappropriate as this is specifically for vegetarians to have for communication.

I don't know if Morse86 still will see things posted in this thread, but I have to say everything he had said in his post in this thread was misinformation, and it may have yet others coming to believe those things.

There are ordinances for the clean animals to people of Israel, yet the animals were designated clean for proper sacrifice before Israel was around, and before meat was permitted for food too. God did not always permit it, after many centuries of not doing that, when the world with its life was destroyed and the remaining creatures breathing air were in the ark and then just coming out, God then permitted it in this extreme circumstance, and with restrictions on how to have it, applying to Noah and those with him and any of his descendants, yet most of them and likely this poster don't take care observing to not have the blood with the meat being had. This is not something done away, it applied to all who are descended from Noah, and the apostles confirm that for believers, as they had written with agreement from the Spirit of God, as can be seen in Acts 15.

Hebrews 5:14 was used way out of context, solid food in the passage is not even referring to meat, and solid food in that passage is a symbolic reference to weightier matters for believers beyond the basics that every believer should have been learning right away.

There are loads of evidence about the environmental issues, which do concern God, and for which raising crops for food is far better, it would overwhelm just one thread.

I can speak of God's design, with it shown that meat for humans to eat was not originally a part of that, having eventually been permitted, with a purpose for that, but with restrictions which really should be observed with what God said though it is generally not, and things shown that it was not to continue endlessly. With Christ having come for us it was showing animals never had to die for us again. That they do is only for a demand out of a preference, that has grown by huge amounts in just a human lifetime.
Rate of Slaughter of Chickens, Pigs, and Cows in the United States, 2008, AnimalVisuals.org
Farm Animal Statistics: Slaughter Totals : The Humane Society of the United States The Animal Kill Counter << ADAPTT :: Animals Deserve Absolute Protection Today and Tomorrow

With it coming to 150 billion animals in this world slaughtered each year specifically for human use, this is not how there can be stability in our world, which is being threatened anyway, but with nothing so much as with this.
This Is Worse Than That

Compassion alone, which would be had with godliness, does not lead us to take part in that, and it should speak to us to look into alternatives. But animals raised and slaughtered for us, instead of plants that could provide for us without anything close to as much demand on resources, has a tremendous impact on the world with its environments, and having meat the way most of us do is not even better for our health, there may be serious health issues from it. Using just a good variety of vegetable food is better for some things health-wise, including prevention of cancers, avoiding cardiovascular problems, and even reversing type 2 diabetes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't say that my reasons are monastic, or ascetic, unless it counts that I see godliness in coming closer to God's perfect will, shown with the design from God in the beginning, and the visions shown of that being restored, with giving up depending on having animals which are slaughtered for it for what will I will consume. Those who say God meant otherwise, and that there is an agenda against the Bible pushing environmental issues, and that raising animals for meat is far better, have no basis at all, and are spreading misinformation with that.

Are those reasons internalized, that you would stay with vegetarianism regardless of what was required monastically?

Upvote 0

Via Cassian

Fuga mundi (flight from the world)
Dec 24, 2009
South
✟24,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I can't imagine me not living a monastic and ascetic life, LOL it has been internalized! I never miss my former All-American diet, but I do remember how I onced loved those burgers and steaks, oh, and the hot-dogs too.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We do miss things that we have given up, even for a long while, especially if they were addictive as many things that are had as food are for us, yet missing those does diminish over time, as we learn to really like alternatives we have come to use. You may have had a monastic way of life for a while. But do you see you would stay with the vegetarianism then even without the rest?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know, some say if you don't use it you lose it. Well, veg'n Christians, we had our own forum in these Christian Forums. This was said in our forum description too. We had a vegetarian Christian social group too in the Christian Forums. But with the change in the forums site, social groups, including that one, were all dropped, and it and all the group communication is all gone. Now, while our forum wasn't being used for a while, that, which was just for discussion between vegetarian and vegan Christians, was exchanged and its communication is now in this forum for vegetarians and the paleo diet people, in other words, the anti-vegetarian people. In place of our forum for communication between us who think much alike in this particularly, we have just communication possible that would include those who will debate and argue against vegetarianism. This won't be so different than our communication mentioning vegetarian eating anywhere in the forums now.

I found just recently, in the Exploring Christianity forum, there was a vegan person inquiring why Christians generally have no communication to deal with the real issues of animal treatment in light of how billions of animals are treated within each year, and consider changes with that. It was a real and valid inquiry, yet the moderation had the thread closed, with a claim that there was no inquiry involving Christianity with that. Too bad there is no perspective with such things that has place for any vegetarian thinking. Someone who could have come to Christian faith with seeing some communication for vegetarianism among Christians, which totally works, was dismissed and there probably won't be another opportunity with that one, especially from within Christian Forums.

There are indeed sites where there is still communication for those such as us, anyway, as I have communicated previously. I would be glad for having friend requests from others in these Forums that are fine with communicating for vegetarianism or veganism as Christians. If I get those, any of you doing that can have personal messaging from me to share sites for some of such communication, or my email address too if communication for it should come to be desirable.

I can say Facebook is a good location for such, as with a Vegan and Veg'n Christian Tribe, and Christian Vegan groups. And I can say here that there is more than abundant online information for why to change to such, and what call there is in light of what is coming to this world is very significant for that. I can share a little for that here.
http://www.collective-evolution.com...animals-for-meat-is-doing-to-the-environment/
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/...lysmic-changes-as-planetary-temperatures-rise
http://culturedvultures.com/need-rethink-relationship-animals-starting-zoos/
http://shepherdingcreation.com/2015/05/30/are-all-faiths-of-equal-value-part-two/ http://philpapers.org/rec/HALKTS

All-creatures.org is a great site for a lot of information useful for us too.
http://www.all-creatures.org/articles/ar-humane-hoax-video.html

Reactions: Ubuntu
Upvote 0

EPHESIANS6:10-11

Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
am veggie i love being veggie i want to go vegan but it means ill have to make meals up and i cant cook
also at the moment with our money being an issue ( i dont work because am disabled and my husband is my carer we dont get much money )

Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Now, while our forum wasn't being used for a while, that, which was just for discussion between vegetarian and vegan Christians, was exchanged and its communication is now in this forum for vegetarians and the paleo diet people, in other words, the anti-vegetarian people. In place of our forum for communication between us who think much alike in this particularly, we have just communication possible that would include those who will debate and argue against vegetarianism.

Well, whoever thought that out definitively cannot have given much thought to the matter... That's a sure-fire recipe for flame-wars... I think this is something we should alert the admins about... I'm sure it's in the best interest of us all to avoid unnecessary conflicts.

Having a common forum for vegetarianism and the paleo-diet is like suddenly deciding to merge for instance the Catholic and the Baptist sub-forums... It's just going to cause friction!

But yeah, they most likely did this because as you say there hasn't been much activity in our forum.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WarriorOfGod said:
am veggie i love being veggie i want to go vegan but it means ill have to make meals up and i cant cook
also at the moment with our money being an issue ( i dont work because am disabled and my husband is my carer we dont get much money )

I totally understand how there can be financial limitations, I can only hope you believe that. But going vegan doesn't have to be expensive. But then doing that is best with not using faux meats, a healthy plant based diet doesn't need those and is better even without them. But do use lots of vegetables and fruits, and there are vegan grain products. Do searches for starters like vegankit, online, or vegan.com.

Ubuntu said:
Well, whoever thought that out definitively cannot have given much thought to the matter... That's a sure-fire recipe for flame-wars... I think this is something we should alert the admins about... I'm sure it's in the best interest of us all to avoid unnecessary conflicts.
Having a common forum for vegetarianism and the paleo-diet is like suddenly deciding to merge for instance the Catholic and the Baptist sub-forums... It's just going to cause friction!
But yeah, they most likely did this because as you say there hasn't been much activity in our forum.

You have a point, it is poor thinking from those who chose this formatted forum. There should be complaint to the administrators. If there is call for a forum for those choosing a paleo diet they shouldn't be grouped with vegetarians, as the two groups are polar opposites, still with discussion involving food choices, even if there is little of communication in the forum for it at this time. But I see that the issue will grow, with the growing issues in this world. One thread for Exploring Christianity was just closed, over discussion of just this issue. So this forum will be needed, but Paleo diet shouldn't be assigned to the same discussion with that. It is antithetical, and it's a shame to do such an arrangement to any forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been a vegetarian my entire life. I've never once liked meat, any meat. Not even seafood. So my vegetarianism is more because I simply dislike meat rather than for health/moral reasons.

Although, I'm firmly against the conventional slaughtering of animals for meat. It's unnecessarily cruel and morally wrong. My family only buys grassfed, humanely raised/slaughtered meats. ...Unfortunately it's far more expensive, but you do what you have to do when you believe in something.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A forum of our own is truly needed, for emphasis on a plant-based diet. I don't know if any of you contacted administrators, but especially vegans here, besides vegetarians anyway, need to not be lumped with those using a paleo diet or any with putting an importance on eating meat. In other forums if discussion in a thread comes to points that relate to what can have a vegan perspective in response, and that is given, moderators can and do just say it is off topic and close the thread, as I see done to others and as has happened with me giving such a response.
Religions.

There should be more general information about so-called humane meat, such is basically sold that way with token differences at most with it pitched commercially with that to appeal to consumers with such conscience, for those to continue buying and consuming meat anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kate84

Sep 14, 2015
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm vegetarian too :) I found a book in my school library about animal slaughter, but had to wait til I'd moved out of my parents' to become veggie. Would love to go vegan and I use soya milk, but waiting til I get more jobs before going fully vegan because it gets expensive buying separate foods for everyone.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If people are on the forum that want to promote a paleo diet, it should be known that it doesn't have the basis of known healthy benefit that other diets have, including veganism, that has definite benefits for a number of health issues and concerns. We really should have our own forum, instead of only having a forum where others thinking differently come to contradict any of it and bringing us to a position where it would be debated. That should happen in forums other than such forum we have for ourselves. And despite what some say, it works with Christianity with scripture passages supporting it.

What is unnecessarily cruel and morally wrong is all abuse of animals in industries using them. It is throughout the dairy and egg industries too, it would be mistaken to think slaughtering many many animals doesn't happen there. And where humane meat comes from is really no exception, they get by with getting labeled humane as that really sells with small token differences and generally the same abuses.

And there are not so healthy vegan substitutes for meat, cheese, egg, and such items containing animal products otherwise. But Google search for cheap vegan. See these at least.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/840191
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/6-tips-to-eat-vegan-on-a-budget.html

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With a vegan perspective now for awhile, I see it as going further along to what is needed, in many things, much that has been mentioned and indeed can be enumerated again, that other approaches don't. As such, I think with this it is even desirable for there to be a vegan forum for Christians. There is communication for this in a number of groups, on Facebook, and I think there would be with other social medium. Yet there is hostility with misrepresentation instead of understanding with permitting discussion for it from most other believing Christians, which is a sad characteristic on their part, but making a place where there is proper representation very important. But that absence of understanding is what can keep a forum for this from coming about. Unless enough of us who speak for that are communicating. I would then think it good to have a thread for this, I could even start it, in that case.

Upvote 0