Feb 17, 2004
✟18,494.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Everyone is still waiting for fruits. How many nonCatholic religions have crossed over as a result of ecumenism? Zero.

Here's a novel idea Cardinal Kasper, how about we shut down your office and create an office of Conversion? Maybe you brush up on apologetics instead of false unity?

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Considering the pickle the CoE has themselves in over ordaining women in the first place, it seems to me they can now credibly be called sexist for not allowing women priests to be candidates for the bishopric simply based on their sex.

Upvote 0

Filia Mariae

Senior Contributor
Jul 27, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
PaladinDoodler said:
Agreed. If we are going to have shared communion then I should hope that they agree with Catholics on pretty much everything. I personally don't want to see any pro-abortion and pro-homosexual people receiving the Eucharist. Jesus deserves better than that.

Holly,

There are plenty of Catholics who dissent from Church teaching on matters of abortion and homosexuality who receive communion. Not that it's okay, but its hardly an Anglican-only issue. None of us are worthy to receive Jesus. Worthiness isn't really the issue.

Upvote 0

Filia Mariae

Senior Contributor
Jul 27, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
PeterPaul said:
Everyone is still waiting for fruits. How many nonCatholic religions have crossed over as a result of ecumenism? Zero.

Here's a novel idea Cardinal Kasper, how about we shut down your office and create an office of Conversion? Maybe you brush up on apologetics instead of false unity?

:sigh: Authentic ecumenism doesn't promote false unity.

Upvote 0

Filia Mariae

Senior Contributor
Jul 27, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
geocajun said:
Considering the pickle the CoE has themselves in over ordaining women in the first place, it seems to me they can now credibly be called sexist for not allowing women priests to be candidates for the bishopric simply based on their sex.

Exactly. If priestesses are possible, its sexist to limit the episcopacy to men.

Upvote 0

OnTheWay

Nov 21, 2005
✟6,746.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Filia Mariae said:
Holly,

There are plenty of Catholics who dissent from Church teaching on matters of abortion and homosexuality who receive communion. Not that it's okay, but its hardly an Anglican-only issue. None of us are worthy to receive Jesus. Worthiness isn't really the issue.

However, in the RCC if someone told a priest their views on abortion and homosexuality (if they were favorable towards those things) they'd be excommunicated until they saw the error of their ways. Thus if you feel that abortion and homosexuality are okay and are taking communion in the RCC you are lying by ommission to your confessor.
Everyone from St. Paul to the lady on EWTN informs us that if we are aware of grave sin we should not take communion. A person that is out of line in the RCC is at base different from a person that belongs to a church in which these sorts of sins aren't considered sin at all.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Filia Mariae said:
Holly,

Well you are correct. None of us are worthy to receive communion. I guess that I just don't want shared communion so long as us and the Anglicans disagree about so many different things. I think they should be required to at least accept our dogmas first. And as far as I know, most Anglicans (except for maybe Anglo-Catholics) do not accept the Immaculate Conception or the Assumption of Mary as an example. That said, I am willing to admit that I may be wrong on this issue. I'd rather leave the issue up to the bishops and other authorities in the Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would like to give a huge HIGH-5 to all the OBOB women right now.

I've heard so many women tell men, "You don't understand because you're not a woman." But then I see you gals chiming in right with the men over issues such as this.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

gitlance

Jul 22, 2004
Earth
✟19,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Filia Mariae said:
Holly,

Well if they are knowingly holding beliefs counter to Church doctrine, they are drinking damnation upon themselves in the Communion, as it is a mortal sin to receive Communion in a state of mortal sin -- and I dare say that willingly holding views contrary to the Church's teachings constitutes heresy and rebellion.

Reactions: plainswolf
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.