Aug 7, 2005
Near London, England
Visit site
✟19,423.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
(2) human experimentations, (3) polluting the environment; (4) social injustice(6) financial gluttony;
The old ones count with Jesus, who they claim to represent:-
"with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." (Matt.7:2)

"by thy words thou shalt be condemned" (Matt. 12:37)

Here's a summary of recent sex abuse settlements against the RCC in North America totalling nearly $100,000,000.
They've got the money when they need it! . . .

(This information was published 10 years ago, and the figures are probably even more startling today.)

"The Vatican has large investments with the Rothschilds of Britain, France and America, with the Hambros Bank, with the Credit Suisse in London and Zurich. In the United States it has large investments with the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan Bank, the First National Bank of New York, the Bankers Trust Company, and others. The Vatican has billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations such as Gulf Oil, Shell, General Motors, Bethlehem Steel, General Electric, IBM, T.W.A., etc. At a conservative estimate, these amount to more than 500 million dollars in the U.S.A. alone.

"In a statement published in connection with a bond prospectus, the Boston archdiocese listed its assets at $635,891,004, which is 9.9 times its liabilities. This leaves a net worth of $571,704,953. It is not difficult to discover the truly astonishing wealth of the church, once we add the riches of the 28 archdioceses and 122 dioceses of the U.S.A., some of which are even wealthier than that of Boston.

Did they accumulate that wealth by hard work like most tax payers?
Certainly not!, but that's another story!!

The above figures are for the USA alone.
And remember, they don't pay tax like the rest of us.

(5) causing poverty;
Prohibiting the use of condoms in Africa doesn't exactly help the spread of Aids, and more mouths to feed.

Upvote 0

AllTalkNoAction

Potentially Wonderful
Aug 7, 2005
Near London, England
Visit site
✟19,423.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The RCC has been growing a body my mixing in Babylonian ideas with Christian (old and new testament) + a load of their own doctrines of right and wrong and how God supposedly wants to be worshipped for centuries.

Now they criticise stem cell research that has actually done some good!

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
(1)genetic modification; (2) human experimentations, (3) polluting the environment; (4) social injustice; (5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony; and (7) taking drugs.
Let's see, I have violated numbers 1 (although, it was a failed biology experiment dealing with the genome of a bacterium), 2 (only if it counts if I did it to myself), 3 (ok, this one I regret), as far as I know I haven't done 4 or 5, I wish I was able to violate number 6, and 7 (legal drugs are still drugs. Actually, drinking coffee in the morning technically violates this).

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would be thrilled to help with stem cell research. It has so much potential to treat (or even cure) crippling diseases and disorders.

Upvote 0

PetersKeys

Traditionalist Catholic , Paleo-conservative
Mar 4, 2008
✟8,376.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The RCC has been growing a body my mixing in Babylonian ideas with Christian (old and new testament) + a load of their own doctrines of right and wrong and how God supposedly wants to be worshipped for centuries.

*sigh* another ...who knows nothing about the Church.

Seriously we have heard it before. If you want to learn about the Church start with the bible and then the ECF.

Upvote 0