New York
✟8,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Has anyone ever written religious exemptions for vaccine mandates? I did it twice and it got rejected. I even looked online for ideas of what to write and it still got rejected. If I don't submit a religous exemption or proof of vaccination by the deadline they're gonna drop me from the class. I need that class to graduate and they do not offer fully online courses for that class. I don't know what to do.

• Prayers
Reactions: HARK!

Ara01

Apr 18, 2022
New York
✟8,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
look at their guidelines, you probably need a minister of religion to sign off on it.
The guidelines doesn't require a minister to sign it. It says I need to write why am I requesting this religious exemption, state the religious principles that prohibit me from taking the vaccine, and if I am opposed to all vaccines. It seems so easy and I answered all the questions.

Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The guidelines doesn't require a minister to sign it. It says I need to write why am I requesting this religious exemption, state the religious principles that prohibit me from taking the vaccine, and if I am opposed to all vaccines. It seems so easy and I answered all the questions.
Not sure where you stand on this, and the stance of the people who need to approve it. A lot of the standard religious reasons have already been dismissed as logical fallacies for a while now, so it might not be possible.

You might want to check if any other person was granted a religious exemption, and see what they wrote.

Upvote 0

Arctangent

May 28, 2022
Midwest
✟26,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Find the relevant state or federal law pertaining to this and find out what they are allowed to ask for. If they are asking beyond what the law allows, cite the law.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone ever written religious exemptions for vaccine mandates? I did it twice and it got rejected. I even looked online for ideas of what to write and it still got rejected. If I don't submit a religous exemption or proof of vaccination by the deadline they're gonna drop me from the class. I need that class to graduate and they do not offer fully online courses for that class. I don't know what to do.
What you haven't explained, is why you are seeking an exemption.
If the basis of your exemption is not based on religious doctrine and subsequent requirements, then your attempts to use religion for that purpose are disingenuous. If that's true, its an appalling abuse to use religion to prop up a lie and to circumvent what evidence-based medicine has recommended.

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd get a lawyer involved, and look at suing the education institution. Sadly, you might make more money doing that than actually going to class and working for a living. If the education institution has any honour (unlikely, as they clearly don't respect bodily autonomy from your other rejections), it might be that they grant your exemption. If they don't, do your best to take them to the cleaners. Your life is from God, and worth more than any job you could get from a class.

In a year or so, places will probably be crying out for healthy workers, when those ones subject to the mandates mostly take ill or die.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'd get a lawyer involved, and look at suing the education institution. Sadly, you might make more money doing that than actually going to class and working for a living. If the education institution has any honour (unlikely, as they clearly don't respect bodily autonomy from your other rejections), it might be that they grant your exemption. If they don't, do your best to take them to the cleaners. Your life is from God, and worth more than any job you could get from a class.

In a year or so, places will probably be crying out for healthy workers, when those ones subject to the mandates mostly take ill or die.
I have to disagree with that outlook. Such a simple thing as complying with public health measures is for the benefit for the community in which you live. I note that Christians on this thread insist there should be no compliance and that you take it a step further and simply state to sue.

I realise that Americans are highly litigious, opting to sue for the most minor of issues, but to my mind, it lacks a mature approach to resolving a conflict.

As for recommending that route because it may be more financially successful than actually working and getting educated - well - if that's the route all Americans took then truly your country is going down the drain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have to disagree with that outlook. Such a simple thing as complying with public health measures is for the benefit for the community in which you live. I note that Christians on this thread insist there should be no compliance and that you take it a step further and simply state to sue.

I realise that Americans are highly litigious, opting to sue for the most minor of issues, but to my mind, it lacks a mature approach to resolving a conflict.

As for recommending that route because it may be more financially successful than actually working and getting educated - well - if that's the route all Americans took then truly your country is going down the drain.
Your view presumes public health measures are made by people with the good of the public in mind. Were this issue something like washing your hands after using the bathroom or showering every day, most wouldn't have a problem. The problem is that forced vaccines (coercion is a type of force) breach bodily autonomy (think rape and murder, which is why these are also illegal), not to mention there is no good science in support of covid vaccines. Government bureaucrats hardly get anything right, on any issue, ever - how much moreso on an issue which has no grounding in science and breaches fundamental human rights?

• Agree
Reactions: Arctangent
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
rape and murder, which is why these are also illegal
It is quite preposterous you have the audacity to compare public health measures that include vaccines, to rape and murder. Clearly, you have not been exposed to these types of atrocities or you would not be so flippant.

Your government has a public health act to protect others against YOU. So, you may feel like you can enter a hospital or nursing home, or board public transport and spread your disease, whether it be Ebola or influenza, but the majority disagree with your stance. Instead, they insist that if you wish to access those facilities or workplaces, you need to limit your potential of being infectious eg vaccines, masks, hand hygiene and isolation. In a democracy, the majority view influences legislation and ultimately public policy. If you don't want to be part of a democracy, then you have the option to immigrate to a dictatorship.

not to mention there is no good science in support of covid vaccines
has no grounding in science and breaches
That's plainly untrue - If you wish I can provide you with an abundance of references/research - but I am of the opinion you are not the type that seeks out peer-reviewed research.

There have been similar comments such as yours on the efficacy of vaccines since 1798 with the origin of the smallpox vaccine. Like you, opponents cited irrational concerns that were not based on evidence. They were proven wrong and smallpox was eradicated. So too, polio, HPV, Rubella, Measles, Mumps, Hepatitis A to C, and influenza were all responsible for very significant improvements in disease control.

You may persist with your view and complain about it. But in a democratic society, fringe groups don't get to dictate public health.

Government bureaucrats hardly get anything right, on any issue

Your country of Canada has a robust education and universal health system. You have strOng road networks, well-functioning cities, and beautiful ecology. You have a comparatively high standard of living and a stable economy.

What a cynical and appalling criticism of those who work to make your country like it is. I'm sure the doctors, nurses, engineers, teachers etc that contribute to public policy would love to meet you in a bar and hear your view that they get nothing right. You may need to bring along a friend.

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is quite preposterous you have the audacity to compare public health measures that include vaccines, to rape and murder. Clearly, you have not been exposed to these types of atrocities or you would not be so flippant.

Your government has a public health act to protect others against YOU. So, you may feel like you can enter a hospital or nursing home, or board public transport and spread your disease, whether it be Ebola or influenza, but the majority disagree with your stance. Instead, they insist that if you wish to access those facilities or workplaces, you need to limit your potential of being infectious eg vaccines, masks, hand hygiene and isolation. In a democracy, the majority view influences legislation and ultimately public policy. If you don't want to be part of a democracy, then you have the option to immigrate to a dictatorship.

That's plainly untrue - If you wish I can provide you with an abundance of references/research - but I am of the opinion you are not the type that seeks out peer-reviewed research.

There have been similar comments such as yours on the efficacy of vaccines since 1798 with the origin of the smallpox vaccine. Like you, opponents cited irrational concerns that were not based on evidence. They were proven wrong and smallpox was eradicated. So too, polio, HPV, Rubella, Measles, Mumps, Hepatitis A to C, and influenza were all responsible for very significant improvements in disease control.

You may persist with your view and complain about it. But in a democratic society, fringe groups don't get to dictate public health.

Your country of Canada has a robust education and universal health system. You have strOng road networks, well-functioning cities, and beautiful ecology. You have a comparatively high standard of living and a stable economy.

What a cynical and appalling criticism of those who work to make your country like it is. I'm sure the doctors, nurses, engineers, teachers etc that contribute to public policy would love to meet you in a bar and hear your view that they get nothing right. You may need to bring along a friend.
I think any place that doesn't hold bodily autonomy as sacrosanct - for whatever claimed justification - whether it's as extreme as to enable rape or murder, or something appearing as innocuous (to some) as mandatory vaccination - it is still a dictatorship. Since we can't agree on that foundational issue, we probably aren't going to get anywhere debating beyond it.

Reactions: Arctangent
Upvote 0