New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I told a TON of lies in the past and I feel very bad about it. I told my brother I was popular in Highschool when in fact, I was not. Should I tell him I lied about being popular? He knows I used to be a compulsive liar and I have confessed some lies to him already. Thank you and Jesus bless

SgtBen

To Serve and Protect
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
Western NC, USA
✟53,005.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would say to confess your issues to Jesus and understand His forgiveness. Pray for the strength to not lie, and pray for your strength to be truthful and stand by this.

It's never too late for our God to fix stuff. He listens, He knows, and just pray to fix whatever is the issue.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I told a TON of lies in the past and I feel very bad about it. I told my brother I was popular in Highschool when in fact, I was not. Should I tell him I lied about being popular? He knows I used to be a compulsive liar and I have confessed some lies to him already. Thank you and Jesus bless

I used to be a liar, but I don't lie now. Are you telling the truth?

Take your crimes to God and leave them there. All of them. Every single one.

If some one challenges you over a wrong doing apologise. If you can put things right and leave it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremy444777
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, help this one to realize what You think they should do regarding confessing the lie of being popular in high school to his brother. Might as well, seeing it would probably come out later, and he also wouldn't have to keep feeling guilt about it when it comes up in future conversations. Amen.

Upvote 0

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to be a liar, but I don't lie now. Are you telling the truth?

Take your crimes to God and leave them there. All of them. Every single one.

If some one challenges you over a wrong doing apologise. If you can put things right and leave it.
I try my best not to lie. I'm not making up stories anymore and when I do lie, I try quickly to confess it to the person I lied to and apologize

Upvote 0

SgtBen

To Serve and Protect
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
Western NC, USA
✟53,005.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a cop, and I had to lie once.

At an accident, a drunk driver hurt an innocent teenager. While I knew the driver was drunk, the HP gave him the Breathalyzer and so I knew the driver was drunk and could not say to the parents of the drunk driver whether he was drunk or not and had to refer them to the Highway Patrol. They had to go to the HP station to find out.

I do understand sometimes to lie but really, don't. Lying only ensnares you into a mess. It's best to be truthful, and dang the repercussions.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I try my best not to lie. I'm not making up stories anymore and when I do lie, I try quickly to confess it to the person I lied to and apologize

Search within yourself to see why you have to invent stories. Tackle that and the stories will fade.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When one has a close relative or friend let me call her Mandy that actually everybody knows lies a lot, one really does not know if Mandy lies to 80% or 20% but we as humans we want to be certain and sometimes think the worst so even though we care for and love Mandy we really do not want to give her big responsibilities where She can lie and cheat and swindle everybodys money and get away with it. If it ever happens something to her and her family then we can not help her because all the money is lost. So Mandy get´s her share when it is her time to get it. But no matter how much Mandy promise that She will be responsible to take care of the rest we do not really trust her before She has quit lying, threathening, and being aggressive if She does not get what She want, if She ever will.
Something Mandy could do is, saying She will do certain things She says She will do or that She and others has agreed upon, write it up, then do it, and write done, when it is done. Then all can see Mandy has stayed true to her word and it is a way out of breaking the evil circle.
Instead of lying, She could find out why She does lie, is it out of fear, because She want´s attention etc. Then if it is fear, do something that either overcomes that fear, get stronger, break bad relationships or build them better or communicate better...therapy. Attentionseeker, dress differently, maybe You had wrong colours, start excercize, get better posture, another haircut, go out and get some fresh air it will do You good, perhaps some new friends and remember to listen and count to 10 before You speak and then stop Yourself and think Do this sentence matter for eternity, does it truly build up the other person or is it only a lie puffed up with air. Try to see positive things in everybody around You, including Yourself, then there is no need for lying. And please, practice that smile atleast once a day, with Your eyes too preferrable in front of a mirror, That way You learn to laugh at Your self a little too. It is healthy actually. There are so many things in this world we can get upset about so we really need some rays of light too, practise to be light sometimes. If You smile, usually You are met with a smile. Then You need not feel insecure and take to a lie. So practise smiling.

Upvote 0