US Labor Secretary and prosecutors broke law in plea deal for child sex trafficking case

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Federal prosecutors broke law in Jeffrey Epstein case, judge rules
A judge ruled Thursday that federal prosecutors — among them, U.S. Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta — broke federal law when they signed a plea agreement with a wealthy, politically connected sex trafficker and concealed it from more than 30 of his underage victims.

U.S. District Judge Kenneth A. Marra, in a 33-page opinion, said that the evidence he reviewed showed thatJeffrey Epstein had been operating an international sex operation in which he and others recruited underage girls — not only in Florida — but from overseas, in violation of federal law.

The best people.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think the real question is why does this guy still have his job? I think the Republican Party has truly jumped the shark.

Maybe on account of him being buddies with Donald Trump or having scratched his back.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Maybe on account of him being buddies with Donald Trump or having scratched his back.
A president that crows about needing a wall to stop human trafficking, you'd think this would be an important thing to address. This yet again shows that they don't care about this form of human exploitation, which I think damages the reputation of his moral followers even more.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Nude Photos of Girls Seized From Jeffrey Epstein Mansion
Investigators seized nude photographs of young women from the Manhattan townhouse of Jeffrey Epstein as part of a new investigation into allegations he exploited dozens of minors for sex, prosecutors revealed on Monday.

That detail was disclosed by federal prosecutors on Monday as they unsealed an indictment charging Mr. Epstein with sex trafficking and made an appeal to other women who may have been abused by him to come forward.
Under that deal, Mr. Epstein pleaded guilty to state prostitution charges and spent about a year in a Palm Beach jail and was required to register as a sex offender. He was permitted to leave the facility six days a week to work.

Mr. Berman made it clear that his office was not bound by the 2008 agreement, which was overseen by Alexander Acosta, then the United States attorney in Miami, and now President Trump’s labor secretary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apart from concealing it from the victims they gave immunity to those involved. What kind of deal gives immunity to get info and then lets the person off with a slap on the wrist anyway?

It was clearly meant to shield all involved, then make it secret. It undermines people's faith in the justice system.

Court orders Epstein-related documents to be made public

The NPA allowed for Epstein to plead guilty to Florida state charges to which he served 13 months of an 18-month sentence, registered as a sex offender, and agreed to pay restitution to each of his alleged victims identified by federal authorities. In return, Epstein was not federally prosecuted and his alleged co-conspirators were granted immunity.

I hope the forthcoming document release sees the light of day.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The main question Trump has to answer is what he meant by this statement years ago:

"I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy, he’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it—Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Arresting Jeffrey Epstein Is Just the Start

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Acosta Defends Role in Brokering Epstein Plea Deal
Labor Secretary R. Alexander Acosta on Wednesday publicly defended his role in overseeing the prosecution of Jeffrey E. Epstein for sex crimes committed in Florida over a decade ago, bucking a growing chorus of Democratic calls for his resignation.
"I wanted to help them," Mr. Acosta said of the victims during a nationally televised news conference at the Labor Department headquarters. "That is why we intervened. And that’s what the prosecutors of my office did — they insisted that he go to jail and put the world on notice that he was and is a sexual predator."
Letting him out 12-hours a day is really "doing something" for someone that molested young girls and sold them to other rich men.

Upvote 0