Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
US authorities fire tear gas to disperse migrants at border
By Emanuella Grinberg and Mariano Castillo, CNN
Updated 3:49 AM EST, Mon November 26, 2018

US authorities fire tear gas to disperse migrants at border

Tijuana, Mexico (CNN)A major US-Mexico border crossing in San Diego was closed for hours on Sunday after a group of migrants on the Mexican side rushed the border area, leading US Border Patrol agents to fire tear gas at the group.

About 500 migrants on the Mexican side of the border overwhelmed police blockades near the San Ysidro Port of Entry Sunday afternoon, two journalists at the scene in Tijuana told CNN.

More at link above.

Interview with Chief Border Patrol Agent San Diego

New Day on Twitter

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Meh. Israel, whom the US gives billions in foreign aid to every year, as a matter of course uses not only tear gas but rubber bullets as well.

I think we can safely say that the notion that this caravan was just a political ploy for the midterm has just been put to rest.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we can safely say that the notion that this caravan was just a political ploy for the midterm has just been put to rest.
I agree it’s a much larger problem.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
hhpj19h14q021.jpg

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A bit much I think.

Recommend you watch the video at the Tweet link in the OP. The senior border agent on site gave a very good summary of events. Meaning the women and children were pushed up to the front then the men threw rocks and pieces of concrete at the border agents.

You reacted like this was the first time border agents fired tear gas or pepper spray at migrants trying to illegally cross our border.

Previous administrations employed the same means.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
A bit much I think.

Recommend you watch the video at the Tweet link in the OP. The senior border agent on site gave a very good summary of events. Meaning the women and children were pushed up to the front then the men threw rocks and pieces of concrete at the border agents.

A bit too much truth perhaps. I watched the video when it was posted elsewhere. The image in the meme matches what's in the video. I read through his version of events, as well as others.

You reacted like this was the first time border agents fired tear gas or pepper spray at migrants trying to illegally cross our border.

Previous administrations employed the same means.

How on earth does that mitigate anything? It makes all the more shameful, not less.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A bit too much truth perhaps. I watched the video when it was posted elsewhere. The image in the meme matches what's in the video. I read through his version of events, as well as others.

How on earth does that mitigate anything? It makes all the more shameful, not less.
What’s shameful are men putting mothers and children in front of their rock throwing. What does that accomplish?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What’s shameful are men putting mothers and children in front of their rock throwing. What does that accomplish?

Well, your video doesn't show that happening so if it was widespread it wasn't captured there.

Idk maybe the ones who did put kids in front of them thought that the border agents would have the basic decency to not throw tear gas?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, your video doesn't show that happening so if it was widespread it wasn't captured there.

Idk maybe the ones who did put kids in front of them thought that the border agents would have the basic decency to not throw tear gas?
Your a hoot.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Your a hoot.

Many of the same folks who complain about immigrants not speaking English properly don't know the difference between you're and your. That's a hoot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It's a cynical attempt to manipulate public opinion to gain sympathy. Deployment of tear gas, of course, is a standard method of riot control used by law enforcement all across the country.

What kind of parents bring their children to the scene of a riot? Parents worthy of the name protect their children and keep them away from danger, they don't use them as shields.

The Border Patrol has confirmed that it happened.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's a cynical attempt to manipulate public opinion to gain sympathy. Deployment of tear gas, of course, is a standard method of riot control used by law enforcement all across the country.

What kind of parents bring their children to the scene of a riot? Parents worthy of the name protect their children and keep them away from danger, they don't use them as shields.

The Border Patrol has confirmed that it happened.

Nope. It's not a cynical attempt to manipulate anything. I would really hope that decent members of the public wouldn't need to be manipulated into understanding how morally bankrupt it is to use tear gas when there's tiny children who will be hurt by it.

The parents didn't bring their children to the scene of a riot. They brought their children to what began as a peaceful protest.

Yes, I read what the Border Patrol said. Other folks present confirmed what happened from their eyewitness.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many of the same folks who complain about immigrants not speaking English properly don't know the difference between you're and your. That's a hoot.
Maybe my autocorrect was set on Oklahoman.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. It's not a cynical attempt to manipulate anything. I would really hope that decent members of the public wouldn't need to be manipulated into understanding how morally bankrupt it is to use tear gas when there's tiny children who will be hurt by it.

The parents didn't bring their children to the scene of a riot. They brought their children to what began as a peaceful protest.

Yes, I read what the Border Patrol said. Other folks present confirmed what happened from their eyewitness.
The protest was not peaceful. They stormed the border fence and threw rocks and pieces of concrete at the border agents.

Then put women and children in front of them.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The protest was not peaceful. They stormed the border fence and threw rocks and pieces of concrete at the border agents.

Then put women and children in front of them.

It began peacefully. Folks protesting the protestors wrecked the peace pretty quick. If the women & children were in front of the men it makes using tear gas even more shameful on account of how the border agents should have clearly seen them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Meanwhile, on the Champs-Elysées in Paris, police are using tear gas and water cannon on protesters against Macron's new fuel tax. Yet there is no wailing and breast beating about how "this is not who we are". If France can do it to their own citizens, surely there is no reason why we can't do it to foreigners...

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Meanwhile, on the Champs-Elysées in Paris, police are using tear gas and water cannon on protesters against Macron's new fuel tax. Yet there is no wailing and breast beating about how "this is not who we are". If France can do it to their own citizens, surely there is no reason why we can't do it to foreigners...

Were there any children in diapers & bare feet who were the victims of the tear gas in France?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Macron gets a pass. He did not pull out of the Paris Accords. ^_^

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Were there any children in diapers & bare feet who were the victims of the tear gas in France?
Probably not...their parents didn't take them to a riot.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and another thing - there's nothing wrong with using tear gas on women. If they're participating in the riot, there is no reason for authorities to be any more reluctant to employ tear gas against women than against men.

Upvote 0