Praise His Name Forever and Ever Amen
Jul 30, 2008
Oregon
✟7,626.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty conviced that Jesus is coming back within this life time.

I think quite a few people believe the same.

I just can't help feeling like i've done something wrong because i am here right now, with all this crime, anger, hate and destruction. And the fact that i've done my share of it also just terrifies me.

I feel if i was even 1/10th the man one of the older prophets of Jesus or lovers of righteousness was that i'd be so disturbed and disgusted by the way the world i'd just throw myself to the ground and pray, not getting up for food, water, affection or any other benign comfort of the flesh.

Where is my love for truth and light? Where is my craving for justice!

I know jesus could come back any second, like a thief in the night, but the fact that he isn't i guess it just shows me how much he loves us all, he would endure unspeakable pain from the whole world to just save one faithful follower who is out of line at the moment.

Thanks for having a place where i can acually write things like this CF.

Sorry if i'm hard to follow.

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People have been thinking this for over 2000 years now. I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Nothing has changed in the manner of "signs". The only difference between now and 1000 years ago is better media coverage allowing the world to see everything that is going on.

As for doing things wrong... we all do. We all have been for thousands of years. That is kind of the reason Jesus came, is it not? To free us of these sins? To be a guide to humanity?

We are bad by nature. We make mistakes, we destroy and condemn. It's our faith and the knowledge that we are freed with forgiveness that keeps us from burning. Strive to be better than you are every day.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's difficult to say but after some study I feel like it's most likely that Jesus will return during the Feast of Trumpets due to the fact that many events in Jesus' life corresponded with the other Jewish feasts. The Bible also mentions that a generation that sees Israel gain its independence will not pass away before Jesus returns. Since Israel gained its independence in 1948, and a biblical generation was considered to be somewhere around 70 years, that would put the date around 2018. There are different ways to interpret Matthew 24 but the nation of Israel always comes to my mind, although it could also refer to those who go through the tribulation too.

Again, these are just observations that biblical scholars have made and I certainly wouldn't try to predict when Jesus is returning. However, after studying the Feasts of Israel and looking at Bible prophesies (all of which have been fulfilled) I think there's a fairly good chance that Jesus will return around Rosh Hashanah and could come within the next decade. It's interesting to study but it's also important not to get caught up in the game of predicting. Only God knows the real time; until then we're commanded to be patient and faithful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P

peace in the vally

I just can't help feeling like i've done something wrong because i am here right now, with all this crime, anger, hate and destruction. And the fact that i've done my share of it also just terrifies me.

I feel if i was even 1/10th the man one of the older prophets of Jesus or lovers of righteousness was that i'd be so disturbed and disgusted by the way the world i'd just throw myself to the ground and pray, not getting up for food, water, affection or any other benign comfort of the flesh.

I know jesus could come back any second, like a thief in the night, but the fact that he isn't i guess it just shows me how much he loves us all, he would endure unspeakable pain from the whole world to just save one faithful follower who is out of line at the moment.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU, AND EVEN IF WE ARE WRONG, WE ARE TO LIVE AS IF HE IS COMMING TOMORROW. BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.

Upvote 0

Holy Warrior

In need of direction
Jan 24, 2004
Edinburgh
✟10,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Well, I don't know much about when exactly Jesus will return, but I would warn about becoming obsessed about it. If He returns in this lifetime, halleluiah, if not, no worries. I think it can be dangerous to your faith if you start looking for signs and don't see things happening the way you expect or whatever. I know a few years ago I read the Left Behind books and became wound up in the idea that the world was ending. I became like Chicken Little, worrying the sky was falling down.

By all means, pray for His return. Pray that He will act to right the injustices of the world today. But don't just shut yourself off from the world and punish yourself. Your sins have been forgiven and you are free- washed white as snow. Go out into the world and be Jesus to those who need Him. Feed the hungry, give to those in need, visit those in prison, and so on. God will use you to do His will in this world. Let your light shine!

As for the great biblical figures, they are all flawed human beings like you and I. David arranged to have someone murdered so he could sleep with the man's wife. Jonah ran away from the place God wanted him to be, and suffered for it. Peter was arrogant and proud, eager to show that he was the best disciple, but when the going got tough, he denied the Lord. James and John were so bad-tempered Jesus nicknamed them 'Sons of Thunder.'

Yes, you're flawed- you're a human being. That doesn't mean that you're useless to God, not good enough. He can use you as you are, and make you into what He wants you to be.

I'm saying this to you as someone who hasn't been doing enough in the world for Jesus either. I've been really challenged by this recently myself, and it's somethingI need to work on, but I hope you'll take it on board, get off your knees, and start making changes too! :)

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today and tomorrow mark the Feast of Trumpets. I always get a little hopeful around this time of year, just in case the rapture really does correspond with this feast (which I think is likely, although obviously none of us can know for sure). Whenever God's ready we'll know.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We need to have this mindset. The Lord might not come in our lifetime, but we need to have the mindset that He could come any day. The world is getting more corrupt. The bible said that it would. It didn't say it would get better, but worse. Most of the prophecies and timing are being fulfilled that are suppose to take place before the rapture happens. People are going to hell with every breath we take. That alone should cause us to wake up. The state of our nation and how corrupt it has gotten should cause us to turn back to Jesus. I know I need to spend more time in prayer and in the word. Just clinging to Jesus and Jesus prayed with sweat and blood as he prayed in the garden. Not done out of works but by also being still and knowing that He is God. Sorry I totaly got off on a tangent.
Also, the reason Jesus hasn't come back yet is because He is longsuffering. He is willing that none should perish. But, if you have heard about the muslims in the middle east and how many of them are giving their lives to the Lord. They are having the same dreams of angels coming to them and telling them about Jesus. So, more and more are coming to Christ. We don't know who that last person is who will give their life to the Lord, but God does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0

StarCannon

Warmaster
Oct 27, 2007
At home.
✟9,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The whole idea of waiting for any alleged messiah to show up and fix something that is entirely the fault of the people who live in this world.
It's entirely disgusting in that we make this world what it is and then ya'll expect someone else -- ALWAYS someone else -- to fix it for us. Whether that someone is god, the nazarene, or some other alleged prophet, it doesn't matter who.
The entire idea makes me want to retch.
Disgusting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think you have a wrong idea of the rapture and the 2nd coming. The rapture happens before the tribulation. There will be 7 and half years of tribulation. There will be the anti Christ and God's judgment will come on the earth. It's not giong to be a happy time. All those who have had the chance to accept christ is over. All the others will harden their hearts (accept for the few that give their lives to Jesus after and will become martyrs). All those who accept the mark of the beast will go through God's judgment. When this is complete Jesus will come in His second coming and reign on the earth for a thousand years with the saints. Than Satan will be released from hell and decieve many and they will follow him. Now these are those who went through the tribulation without recieving the mark, but had children during Jesus reign or didn't fully accept Jesus yet. After all these things satan will be sent to hell forever, and Jesus will create a new heaven and earth. Everything will be again the way it was suppose to be before adam and eve. There will be no sin because we'll be in our glorified bodies, and we are covered by the blood of Christ.

The world is in a horrible condition. This isn't my home though. Those who have Christ in their hearts, have a hope greater than the things on earth. We have an eternal hope. I'm not looking for the coming of the anti-Christ , or for some great person to fix the worlds problems, but I'm looking to Jesus. The world isn't going to get better but its going to get worse, until Christ takes what he has bought with His blood and throws satan to the botomless pit forever and ever.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think you have a wrong idea of the rapture and the 2nd coming. The rapture happens before the tribulation. There will be 7 and half years of tribulation. There will be the anti Christ and God's judgment will come on the earth. It's not giong to be a happy time. All those who have had the chance to accept christ is over. All the others will harden their hearts (accept for the few that give their lives to Jesus after and will become martyrs). All those who accept the mark of the beast will go through God's judgment. When this is complete Jesus will come in His second coming and reign on the earth for a thousand years with the saints. Than Satan will be released from hell and decieve many and they will follow him. Now these are those who went through the tribulation without recieving the mark, but had children during Jesus reign or didn't fully accept Jesus yet. After all these things satan will be sent to hell forever, and Jesus will create a new heaven and earth. Everything will be again the way it was suppose to be before adam and eve. There will be no sin because we'll be in our glorified bodies, and we are covered by the blood of Christ.

The world is in a horrible condition. This isn't my home though. Those who have Christ in their hearts, have a hope greater than the things on earth. We have an eternal hope. I'm not looking for the coming of the anti-Christ , or for some great person to fix the worlds problems, but I'm looking to Jesus. The world isn't going to get better but its going to get worse, until Christ takes what he has bought with His blood and throws satan to the botomless pit forever and ever.

Well said! We're supposed to look to God and trust in Him in every situation, both good and bad. God is sovereign over EVERYTHING and will work things out for His glory in His own time.

Upvote 0

ExaltTheLord

Jul 30, 2008
Oregon
✟7,626.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

AMEN! Well said my friend-Like a true poet of God.

If i could ask for a few prayers my way, i'm having some troubles, they are entirely my fault too. Repent is what i must do.

Thank you all for the great responses, sounds like this is a topic worth our attention indeed.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
rapture_1992.jpg

Hopefully that shows you how pointless it is to try to predict the Rapture. Thousands of people have tried to predict it throughout time, and thousands of people have been wrong about their predictions, including the person who made that sign.

Upvote 0

ExaltTheLord

Jul 30, 2008
Oregon
✟7,626.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Are you really voting for Obama? Doesn't he have a teacher that totally hates white people, that he would not denounce? And his wife is anti-american?

I know Miss Cliton is running on the other side, but Obama really? Can't say i will be voting..

Hope i'm wrong and ypu've done more homework then me on the matter.

God Bless.

EDIT++ I mean, shouldn't we look at ones past, instead of what they "Promise" they WILL do, look at what they HAVE done, Because i know he has alot of great words for the future, but will they hold up?

Last edited:
Upvote 0