✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Jason,

Here is my Byzatine prayer for your mothers soul and my family and I will continue to pray for you and yours to find comfort in her life rather than distress in her passing.

" O God of spirits and of all flesh, You have trampled upon death and have abolished the power of the devil, giving life to Your world. Give rest to the soul of Your departed servant in a place of light, in a place of repose, in a place of refreshment, where there is no pain, sorrow, and suffering. As a good and loving God, forgive every sin she has committed in thought, word or deed, for there is no one who lives and does not sin. You alone are without sin. Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your word is truth."

Peace Brother,

Steve & Nikki

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks again for your prayers everyone. We are finally back home.

My mother was creamated and her funeral was Friday. It was a strange funeral for me since it was my mother, and there was no coffin, but rather an earn on a little table. I got to keep the crucifix which was placed on the earn and had the priest bless it for me.

My mother was only 54 years old, and some of her last words she kept repeating were "I don't want to go....". I can't get that out of my head. Lung cancer from her smoking is what took her life in the end. I quit smoking around 6 years ago, but if I hadn't this would have prompted me to do it now.
In his homily the priest said "If she could come back now she wouldn't" referring to her being with Jesus.

Please continue to pray for her.
:crossrc:

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For your mother:

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon her.

May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, though the mercy of God, rest in peace.

And for your family:

May God and His angels and Saints comfort you in your loss.

:hug:

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks again for your prayers everyone. We are finally back home.

My mother was creamated and her funeral was Friday. It was a strange funeral for me since it was my mother, and there was no coffin, but rather an earn on a little table. I got to keep the crucifix which was placed on the earn and had the priest bless it for me.

My mother was only 54 years old, and some of her last words she kept repeating were "I don't want to go....". I can't get that out of my head. Lung cancer from her smoking is what took her life in the end. I quit smoking around 6 years ago, but if I hadn't this would have prompted me to do it now.
In his homily the priest said "If she could come back now she wouldn't" referring to her being with Jesus.

Please continue to pray for her.
:crossrc:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc:

Sorry and with all of my heart, I will pray for her and you and I'm sorry for the heart ache and sadness in your heart. I'm sorry for your loss.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I will pray for her.
I thought I saw this thread...and had to search this out.

Don't let her words haunt you. The priest is right. She would not want to stay here since she has Jesus.

Anyway...God Bless you, and your family, and keep your mom.

:crossrc: I am so sorry.

I dont know how you feel, but I know the bitter pain of loss. And I love ya!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.