4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi,

I have been having Bad Blasphemous Calling him bad names! It like a broken record ALMOST EVERY TIME I read the bible or listen to Christian Music or Watch Christian Movies, Bad names against GOD POP IN MY HEAD I have been dealing with this for several months now I don't Even want to think about the lord, Because of fear of the thoughts, I TRY TO BE A TRUE CHRISTIAN I FORGIVE PEOPLE WHO HURT ME, I PRAY I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT WITH OUT THE THOUGHTS IT'S LIKE A TEMPTATION I HATE THEM, I HAVE POSTED ABOUT THIS SEVERAL TIMES I CONFUSED, I REBUKE THE THOUGHTS AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS, BUT SOMETIMES I THINK I AM NOT? AND SOMETIMES THEY COME SO MUCH I DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER ME, AND SOMETIME IT DOES LIKE TODAY FOR THIS VERY SPECIAL DAY I HAVE GOT SERVERLY DEPRESSED I WAS TRYING NOT TO BE BUT I COULDN'T FIGHT IT I FELT THAT I WASN'T FORGIVEN FOR MY THOUGHTS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TODAY BECAUSE I HADN'T SEEN MY SON FOR A FEW MONTHS AND WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO HIM COMING TO CHURCH WITH ME, BUT INSTEAD HE DECIDED TO GET DRUNK AND SPEND TIME WITH HIS FRIENDS, I WAS DEPRESSED WAY BEFORE THIS HAPPENED, I THINK THE DEVIL IS REALLY MESSING WITH ME! I DON'T WANT TO BE SEPERATED FROM GOD I CANT LIVE WITH OUT HIM BUT I WOULD RATHER LIVE WITHOUT THESE THOUGHTS, SOMETIMES I CAN FIGHT THEM THEY STOPPED FOR A WHILE WHERE I WASN'T GETTING THEM THAT MUCH, BUT YESTERDAY, AND A FEW DAYS AGO THEY STARTED COMING REALLY BAD I CAN FIGHT SOME OF THEM SOMETIMES BUT SOMETIMES I CANT IT'S LIKE A TEMPTATION, I DON'T KNOW I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP, I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVE A JOYFUL EASTER BUT HAD NOTHING BUT DEPRESSION, TO START THE DAY OUT I TRIED TO THINK OF GOOD THINGS AND BLESSING IT WAS LIKE IT WAS TOO STRONG I THE DEPRESSION I COULDN'T STOP I JUST WANTED TO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK AND NEVER COME OUT SO TIRED BEING SAD I FELT LIKE I WAS UNWORTHY TO PRAY OR PRAISE WHEN I WAS IN CHURCH. I AM SO ASHAMED OF HAVING THESE THOUGHTS ABOUT THE LORD, AND SOMETIME I GET BAD THOUGHTS AGAINST THE PEOPLE I REALLY LOVE I WISH THEY WOULD JUST STOP SO I CAN BE THE CHRISTIAN GOD INTENDED ME TO BE.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟175,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is quite a struggle with which to contend and can be very difficult to overcome and persevere through. Resisting temptation can be quite difficult. You must attempt to put a stop to it when the thoughts first pop into your head.

In Orthodoxy we call such thoughts logismoi (tempting thoughts which lead to sin). The Church Fathers tend to recognize five stages:

assault (thoughts pop into your head)
interaction (you entertain these thoughts)
consent (you decide to act on these thoughts)
defeat (you are hostage- resistance is difficult)
passion (it becomes part of you)

The usual recommended practice is to pray when the thoughts first pop into your head. Ignore the thoughts if possible and keep turning your mind and heart back to prayer. It is easiest to stop at this point.

Upvote 0

4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is quite a struggle with which to contend and can be very difficult to overcome and persevere through. Resisting temptation can be quite difficult. You must attempt to put a stop to it when the thoughts first pop into your head.

In Orthodoxy we call such thoughts logismoi (tempting thoughts which lead to sin). The Church Fathers tend to recognize five stages:

assault (thoughts pop into your head)
interaction (you entertain these thoughts)
consent (you decide to act on these thoughts)
defeat (you are hostage- resistance is difficult)
passion (it becomes part of you)

The usual recommended practice is to pray when the thoughts first pop into your head. Ignore the thoughts if possible and keep turning your mind and heart back to prayer. It is easiest to stop at this point.

Hi Thank for responding, I do try to stop them I try to think of something else and sometimes I cannot think of anything at that moment where I feel brain locked so I pray I hate these thoughts and do not want them It makes me mad and sad I love my Lord I don't want to think such things about him! He knows my heart. There are some days I am stronger than others, I know I have to become stronger I pray I can.

Thank You:)

Upvote 0

4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I have been having Bad Blasphemous Calling him bad names! It like a broken record ALMOST EVERY TIME I read the bible or listen to Christian Music or Watch Christian Movies, Bad names against GOD POP IN MY HEAD I have been dealing with this for several months now I don't Even want to think about the lord, Because of fear of the thoughts, I TRY TO BE A TRUE CHRISTIAN I FORGIVE PEOPLE WHO HURT ME, I PRAY I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT WITH OUT THE THOUGHTS IT'S LIKE A TEMPTATION I HATE THEM, I HAVE POSTED ABOUT THIS SEVERAL TIMES I CONFUSED, I REBUKE THE THOUGHTS AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS, BUT SOMETIMES I THINK I AM NOT? AND SOMETIMES THEY COME SO MUCH I DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER ME, AND SOMETIME IT DOES LIKE TODAY FOR THIS VERY SPECIAL DAY I HAVE GOT SERVERLY DEPRESSED I WAS TRYING NOT TO BE BUT I COULDN'T FIGHT IT I FELT THAT I WASN'T FORGIVEN FOR MY THOUGHTS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TODAY BECAUSE I HADN'T SEEN MY SON FOR A FEW MONTHS AND WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO HIM COMING TO CHURCH WITH ME, BUT INSTEAD HE DECIDED TO GET DRUNK AND SPEND TIME WITH HIS FRIENDS, I WAS DEPRESSED WAY BEFORE THIS HAPPENED, I THINK THE DEVIL IS REALLY MESSING WITH ME! I DON'T WANT TO BE SEPERATED FROM GOD I CANT LIVE WITH OUT HIM BUT I WOULD RATHER LIVE WITHOUT THESE THOUGHTS, SOMETIMES I CAN FIGHT THEM THEY STOPPED FOR A WHILE WHERE I WASN'T GETTING THEM THAT MUCH, BUT YESTERDAY, AND A FEW DAYS AGO THEY STARTED COMING REALLY BAD I CAN FIGHT SOME OF THEM SOMETIMES BUT SOMETIMES I CANT IT'S LIKE A TEMPTATION, I DON'T KNOW I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP, I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVE A JOYFUL EASTER BUT HAD NOTHING BUT DEPRESSION, TO START THE DAY OUT I TRIED TO THINK OF GOOD THINGS AND BLESSING IT WAS LIKE IT WAS TOO STRONG I THE DEPRESSION I COULDN'T STOP I JUST WANTED TO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK AND NEVER COME OUT SO TIRED BEING SAD I FELT LIKE I WAS UNWORTHY TO PRAY OR PRAISE WHEN I WAS IN CHURCH. I AM SO ASHAMED OF HAVING THESE THOUGHTS ABOUT THE LORD, AND SOMETIME I GET BAD THOUGHTS AGAINST THE PEOPLE I REALLY LOVE I WISH THEY WOULD JUST STOP SO I CAN BE THE CHRISTIAN GOD INTENDED ME TO BE.

Hi, people might react to my post but I would like to share with you a similar experience. Now to all the others, this is my own personal experience...

I considered myself a Christian for years and years, then one day I read this particular bible passage and started to have thoughts that runs similar to yours. I was so astounded because I thought I loved God so much, why would I think of Him that way.

I could not get the blasphemous thoughts out of my head, every single time I think of that particular bible passage...

So I talked to God and discussed with Him seriously about it. After about 3 months it was resolved.

4L4E, please just PM me for more info on this, if you want to. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Alittlelamb

Mar 31, 2013
Delaware
✟190.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, people might react to my post but I would like to share with you a similar experience. Now to all the others, this is my own personal experience...

I considered myself a Christian for years and years, then one day I read this particular bible passage and started to have thoughts that runs similar to yours. I was so astounded because I thought I loved God so much, why would I think of Him that way.

I could not get the blasphemous thoughts out of my head, every single time I think of that particular bible passage...

So I talked to God and discussed with Him seriously about it. After about 3 months it was resolved.

4L4E, please just PM me for more info on this, if you want to. Thanks.

Hi,

I suffer with those to. Can you tell me how you resolved it. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Frocus

Apr 13, 2012
✟7,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I'm going through something similar as well. A lot of times, if not all, now when I'm reading the bible, praying, or anything that has to do with God, names like bezelbulb or satan or unwanted images like pentagrams appear in my head. I tell satan to go away but a couple second latter something else pops up.

Reactions: Rubiks
Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2013
Southampton, England
✟9,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All your sinful thoughts are already forgiven! Focus on being Christ conscious, not sin conscious! Thank your heavenly Father for sending Jesus to offer Himself for you at the cross.

Heb 10:12 AMP Whereas this One [Christ], after He had offered a single sacrifice for our sins [that shall avail] for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟806,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, thanking Him for His sacrifice and His resurrection!

Sometimes when that first thought runs through our minds, it might not original from us but it's left up to us what we do with it.

Solution: posted: Start praising God as a direct reaction to this. Praise Jesus by name. Be persistent about it. He knows where you're really at. Any evil spirits which are around will need to flee, and if there are none, it's good for you anyway. sketcher This is what I have found also.

We are like the appointed singers going into battle 2 Chron 20.

By praising Yahweh by name, it requires for us to be humble and acknowledge who He is. How thankful we are that He is our God. We rejoice and honor Him because He is our heavenly Father. The joy of the Lord is our strength. We will tell others of His greatness. He is merciful, compassionate, righteous, and gracious. His kingdom is forever and His name is holy. ETC

(2 Corinthians 11:3; II Cor 10:5; Rom 12:2; Neh 8:2; Psa 145).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I used to have the same thing. TERRIBLE things and name calling pop up from nowhere...but it is somewhere.

You don't have to feel guilty for crazy bombardment of thoughts, just ask to realize the grace available for you to tell them to leave and never return in the name of Jesus. He has given you that authority

Upvote 0

4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Volant- you don't seem to understand what happens when certain conditions may be involved- for example OCD and various other disorders. Those disorders are as real as any physical condition and are generally not caused by sin. I'm not saying that the OP is suffering from one of these conditions- but they do exist, in Christians and non- Christians alike and it isn't always as black and white as saying 'Well, you're not a Christian then'.

Also site rules state:

● Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.

Asking questions if it seems uncertain is one thing- but it isn't up to us to state that they are not.

Thank you Angel,

I really appreciate it! I do have to go to the Neurologist on Thursday check for some other symptoms I have been having but I will definitely ask him about that for sure, My son has an OCD disorder Tourettes but I have given it some thought but not sure I could always ask the Doctor about it.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, thanking Him for His sacrifice and His resurrection!

Sometimes when that first thought runs through our minds, it might not original from us but it's left up to us what we do with it.

Solution: posted: Start praising God as a direct reaction to this. Praise Jesus by name. Be persistent about it. He knows where you're really at. Any evil spirits which are around will need to flee, and if there are none, it's good for you anyway. sketcher This is what I have found also.

We are like the appointed singers going into battle 2 Chron 20.

By praising Yahweh by name, it requires for us to be humble and acknowledge who He is. How thankful we are that He is our God. We rejoice and honor Him because He is our heavenly Father. The joy of the Lord is our strength. We will tell others of His greatness. He is merciful, compassionate, righteous, and gracious. His kingdom is forever and His name is holy. ETC

(2 Corinthians 11:3; II Cor 10:5; Rom 12:2; Neh 8:2; Psa 145).

Thank You so much for the scriptures these are very helpful, I really appreciate them!

Thank You, :)

Upvote 0

4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Start praising God as a direct reaction to this. Praise Jesus by name. Be persistent about it. He knows where you're really at. Any evil spirits which are around will need to flee, and if there are none, it's good for you anyway.

Thank You Skeecher,

This does help a lot I makes me at peace with the lord, I did this all morning on the way to work!

God Bless!:)

Upvote 0

4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
All your sinful thoughts are already forgiven! Focus on being Christ conscious, not sin conscious! Thank your heavenly Father for sending Jesus to offer Himself for you at the cross.

Heb 10:12 AMP Whereas this One [Christ], after He had offered a single sacrifice for our sins [that shall avail] for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,

Thank You Rephaiahpedahel Thank you Lord!:)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟806,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
4Love4ever, if you're interested in putting someone on your ignore list, here's the directions: (the User CP is located in the upper left on the blue line): "Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread. To add someone to your ignore list go to your UserCP and scroll down until you see the link Edit Ignore List. Enter the member's name into the text box, and click okay. They are now added to your ignore list and you will no longer see their posts. To remove a user from your ignore list, un-check the box associated with their name and click the 'Save Changes' button." from http://www.christianforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_buddy_explain

Don't think I would ask neurologist regarding spiritual question - just m.o or perhaps I misunderstood.

Similar thread going on now that might assist you http://www.christianforums.com/t7725590/

Really glad the Scriptures help. I just learned that our spirits believe The Word (John 6:63) so I've been listening more often by locating audio Bibles at Biblegateway.com such as Psa 145.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
4Love4ever, if you're interested in putting someone on your ignore list, here's the directions: (the User CP is located in the upper left on the blue line): "Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread. To add someone to your ignore list go to your UserCP and scroll down until you see the link Edit Ignore List. Enter the member's name into the text box, and click okay. They are now added to your ignore list and you will no longer see their posts. To remove a user from your ignore list, un-check the box associated with their name and click the 'Save Changes' button." from http://www.christianforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_buddy_explain

Don't think I would ask neurologist regarding spiritual question - just m.o or perhaps I misunderstood.

Similar thread going on now that might assist you http://www.christianforums.com/t7725590/

Really glad the Scriptures help. I just learned that our spirits believe The Word (John 6:36) so I've been listening more often by locating audio Bibles at Biblegateway.com such as Psa 145.

Thank You, I am not sure but I don't see him anymore. I think when I go to the doctor I will just ask him about OCD disorder? I think when my son was diagnosed with tourettes he seen a neurologist I will just ask him questions about OCD I know sometime Dr's can be skeptical when talking about religious things. But I just want to thank you again for being so helpful!

God Bless:)

Upvote 0