✟19,348.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unrealized Genomes as the Ultimate Falsification of the Theory of Evolution

The linked article examines the fundamental assumption behind the theory of evolution by which, just because each new organism has subtly different genome than its parents, this will eventually lead to genomes with information for previously nonexistent, functional and niche occupying structures, such as organs. For that purpose, first it compares two libraries. One library contains ‘realized genomes’ — i.e. all genomes that could have been formed during the entire history of life on Earth. Another library contains ‘unrealized genomes’ — i.e. all possible genomes that a genome of a certain size allows, reduced by the number of realized genomes. Finally, it calculates the waiting time required for finding the genome with information for a single and super primitive bio-structure and it concludes that it would take 10^871 years for that to happen.

P.S. I tried to discuss this here, but that forum is corrupted with atheist fundamentalists who only hide behind science, but would in no way allow any scientific challenges to the evolution theory.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Unrealized Genomes as the Ultimate Falsification of the Theory of Evolution

The linked article examines the fundamental assumption behind the theory of evolution by which, just because each new organism has subtly different genome than its parents, this will eventually lead to genomes with information for previously nonexistent, functional and niche occupying structures, such as organs. For that purpose, first it compares two libraries. One library contains ‘realized genomes’ — i.e. all genomes that could have been formed during the entire history of life on Earth. Another library contains ‘unrealized genomes’ — i.e. all possible genomes that a genome of a certain size allows, reduced by the number of realized genomes. Finally, it calculates the waiting time required for finding the genome with information for a single and super primitive bio-structure and it concludes that it would take 10^871 years for that to happen.

P.S. I tried to discuss this here, but that forum is corrupted with atheist fundamentalists who only hide behind science, but would in no way allow any scientific challenges to the evolution theory.
This forum allows atheists and other non-christians to post, too. If you want to discuss this in an uncontaminated area, there is a evolution/creation forum on this site where only christians can post.

Of course, that doesn't mean that everyone will agree with you. After all, the vast majority of christians believe in evolution of some sort.

Upvote 0

Contradiction

Feb 27, 2019
Zagreb
✟19,348.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This forum allows atheists and other non-christians to post, too. If you want to discuss this in an uncontaminated area, there is a evolution/creation forum on this site where only christians can post.

Of course, that doesn't mean that everyone will agree with you. After all, the vast majority of christians believe in evolution of some sort.

In my last paragraph I referred to this forum: Science Forums

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Contradiction

Feb 27, 2019
Zagreb
✟19,348.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean the one where you got banned because you allegedly used a secondary account?

That is forbidden here too, btw.
Yes, the one where posters and moderators were screaming about many mistakes in the article, but none of them was able to quote a single paragraph, sentence or word in it, and explain what mistakes are present. Making generic statements about mistakes without even touching the content of the article is irrational, pointless and childish. The same is true for their "you don't understand evolution" ad hominems. But that is what people do when they have no arguments.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, the one where posters and moderators were screaming about many mistakes in the article, but none of them was able to quote a single paragraph, sentence or word in it, and explain what mistakes are present. Making generic statements about mistakes without even touching the content of the article is irrational, pointless and childish. The same is true for their "you don't understand evolution" ad hominems. But that is what people do when they have no arguments.

You don't understand evolution ad hominem.

Upvote 0

Contradiction

Feb 27, 2019
Zagreb
✟19,348.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't understand evolution ad hominem.

Ad hominem: short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. (Dr. Michael C. Labossiere (2002–2010). "42 Fallacies: Ad Hominem")

MY knowledge about the evolution is not related to the substance of the ARGUMENT in the article, so those people were using fallacious argumentative strategy, i.e. making an Ad hominem attack.

Thus, you are the one who doesn't understand ad hominem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ad hominem: short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. (Dr. Michael C. Labossiere (2002–2010). "42 Fallacies: Ad Hominem")

MY knowledge about the evolution is not related to the substance of the ARGUMENT in the article, so those people were using fallacious argumentative strategy, i.e. making an Ad hominem attack.

Thus, you are the one who doesn't understand ad hominem.

I understand it just fine. Your knowledge (or lack thereof) of evolution is PARAMOUNT to the substance of your argument. If you understood evolution, you would know why.

Upvote 0

Contradiction

Feb 27, 2019
Zagreb
✟19,348.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand it just fine. Your knowledge (or lack thereof) of evolution is PARAMOUNT to the substance of your argument. If you understood evolution, you would know why.
Like I have already said, making generic statements about mistakes or knowledge without even touching the content of the article is irrational, pointless and childish. You are simply trolling the discussion with empty asserations.

You must quote a paragraph or sentence in the article and explain why "I don't understand evolution". So, it's pretty simple. Everything else is trolling.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
For e.g., in the last 300,000 years more than 110 billion humans have lived on Earth. Since due to mutations each human genome is unique, that means that human population produced 110 billion different genomes. But has this caused humans to start to develop some new, previously nonexistent and functional organs that will occupy ecological niches humans previously could not occupy? Well, obviously not. After an enormous number of different genomes produced, humans are anatomically, morphologically and physiologically practically identical, without any traces of new organs starting to develop.
While there possibly have been 110 billion individual humans, the new variety can only be a small shift from a previous generation.

And we certainly have evidence for that.

We have the variety of phenotypes in hair, eye and skin colour. We have traits like lactose tolerance and varying disease resistance.

To get a larger change in the genome you'd need each little step to be selected for, rather then the general morass of neutral traits that most mutations create.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The argument in the OP appears to be yet another argument from probability. The problem with those arguments is we have too many observations that are consistent and often only explained by common descent that appeals to "it couldn't happen because {numbers}" fall flat.

Upvote 0

Contradiction

Feb 27, 2019
Zagreb
✟19,348.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While there possibly have been 110 billion individual humans, the new variety can only be a small shift from a previous generation.

And we certainly have evidence for that.

We have the variety of phenotypes in hair, eye and skin colour. We have traits like lactose tolerance and varying disease resistance.

To get a larger change in the genome you'd need each little step to be selected for, rather then the general morass of neutral traits that most mutations create.

The variety of phenotypes in hair, eye and skin color have nothing to do with their origin. The article talks about information for previously nonexistent, functional and niche occupying structures, i.e. about their origin, and not about how they vary once they already exist.

Upvote 0

Contradiction

Feb 27, 2019
Zagreb
✟19,348.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The argument in the OP appears to be yet another argument from probability. The problem with those arguments is we have too many observations that are consistent and often only explained by common descent that appeals to "it couldn't happen because {numbers}" fall flat.

You can't refute an argument by labeling it and putting it into some category. You must address its premises or conclusion and explain why they are wrong. In the concrete example, the conclusion it that the waiting time required for the appearance of a single and super primitive biological structure, is 862 orders of magnitude longer than the time since Earth’s formation. Also, common descent is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can't refute an argument by labeling it and putting it into some category. You must address its premises or conclusion and explain why they are wrong. In the concrete example, the conclusion it that the waiting time required for the appearance of a single and super primitive biological structure, is 862 orders of magnitude longer than the time since Earth’s formation. Also, common descent is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Make two other libraries. One is the library of all possible outcomes of descendants, beginning with a mating couple of ancestors of yours from 300,000 years ago until now. The other library contains you. Exactly you.

How do you think those odds would work out? Hint: it's far less likely that you exist than even what you describe here, without even taking into account countless variables.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
The variety of phenotypes in hair, eye and skin color have nothing to do with their origin. The article talks about information for previously nonexistent, functional and niche occupying structures, i.e. about their origin, and not about how they vary once they already exist.
Can you give an example that is posited by evolutionary theory?

A mutation creating a new skin tone and that being an advantage in certain environments seems to match all the points of fact.

In addition, I am always very leery about the term "information" as used by creationists. Can you please describe both a metric for information and an objective method of measuring it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Looks like the same argument is going on here.

Don't need to waste any time reinventing the wheel. Whoever started that thread there was also a sock puppet and got banned there as well.

It's him. He linked that discussion in the OP.

Upvote 0

Contradiction

Feb 27, 2019
Zagreb
✟19,348.00
Country
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Make two other libraries. One is the library of all possible outcomes of descendants, beginning with a mating couple of ancestors of yours from 300,000 years ago until now. The other library contains you. Exactly you.

How do you think those odds would work out? Hint: it's far less likely that you exist than even what you describe here, without even taking into account countless variables.

What organs I have that my ancestors from 300,000 years ago didn't have? The article calculates the time required to find the genome with information for previously nonexistent primitive organ. You are simply stating that my ancestors had offspring. What is your point?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟927,129.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
What organs I have that my ancestors from 300,000 years ago didn't have? The article calculates the time required to find the genome with information for previously nonexistent primitive organ. You are simply stating that my ancestors had offspring. What is your point?
300,000 years sounds like a lot, but it's the number of generations that's important.

Why should there be a unique organ? It's hardly going to be common for something that different to develop in a long lived, slowly breeding animal who has dominated its niche and environment.

What sort of new organ are you imagining is likely?

Upvote 0